Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Roland Vine Leaves, Stuffed, 70 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Flavor: Stuffed Vine Leaves|Size: 70 Ounce (Pack of 2)|Change

on March 30, 2008
Finger sized marinated grape leaves filled with rice. Soft tasty side dish, healthy snack, or salad add in, large amount but keeps well in the fridge. Not to much spice or salt but you can taste mint and lemon flavors. Eat with cheese, and pickles, cold cuts. Great price....
on November 23, 2011
I expected any canned stuffed grape leaves to be oily & they are [6 oz oil, 4 lbs stuffed grape leaves]. What I DID NOT expect was for the cans to come from China. Like most other Americans I get many things that are made in China, but I draw the line at food. Their safety standards are low at best.
77 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2008
I've tried a number of brands of canned dolmas (stuffed grape/vine leaves), and they vary in flavoring. The Roland brand is one of the best for the 'right' Greek flavor, not too bland, not too sweet, just nicely minty. Good lightly heated right out of the can, or with a lemon sauce.
on October 23, 2015
I really like these. I've had Divina, and they are good- but I didn't taste any difference with these, and the leaves were firmer, and didn't fall apart when I pulled them out of the can. There were 15 stuffed vine leaves in the can I've opened so far (it was the most dented- but not "OMG" type dent- just wanted to eat it first). The flavor is nice- a bit lemony, but not too much. I'm already going to reorder. These make a nice light dinner with a salad (5-6 leaves + a salad and croutons, or toasted English muffins- I know it sounds weird but it's really good). This size can is very manageable for one person. These taste more like the dolmas that I get at the olive bar at the store.
on February 19, 2016
Good but nutrition facts are wrong .. they don't add up. They are quite delicious. BUT it would be nice to know the actual calories and nutrition. The can is 14 oz/396 g. The Nutrition Facts say there are 10 1/2 c/130 g servings in the can and 130 calories each. 9g fat, 12g carbs and 3q protein per serving which would be 141 calories on its own, without anything else. It doesn't make sense/isn't possible. It also says they contain no calcium, vitamin A or iron, which is impossible given the ingredients. Fix it, Roland Foods!
on May 20, 2013
I have to agree with Darren's review. They're alright but could be better. I like a bit more lemon and softer leaves. The stuffed grape leaves by Zergut were the first ones I've ever had and I still prefer them. Of course, keep in mind that eating them fresh is going to be better than any of the canned varieties.
review image
on August 23, 2011
Flavor was perfect but absolutely horrible texture!

Mushy to the point that they would fall apart when taking them out if you weren't exceptionally careful.

Just about to finish our first tin, and if the second is the same I won't be ordering again.

If by some chance, the second tin is different I'll update.

Otherwise, no news is bad news.
on December 19, 2012
The packing job was so bad that the cans were quite badly damaged...I was very surprised that they were not leaking due to the damage. They were intended to be a gift, but we could not use them that way due to the badly dented cans. I'll try another carrier next time.
on August 12, 2013
I bought these for a party. I made a yogurt sauce to use as a dip. These are by far the tastiest vine leaves I have ever had. They don't' have that typical bitter taste. The leaves were tender and the rice seasoning was vey good. If you care the product is kosher. The leaves are packed in the can very nicely with a big leaf covering the top and bottom of the rolls. I will buy them again.
on January 3, 2016
I bought this for my parents as a gift. They are VERY picky eaters and love stuffed grape leaves. They called me up raving how delicious these were. Saying "These are DELICIOUS and have a light lemony flavor." Great gift. I'm thinking of getting for my wife and I.