Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rolando Gomez's Glamour Photography: Professional Techniques and Images
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 26, 2013
Love the book, kept me interested throughout. Rolando teaches areas not mentioned by most, such as your interacting with your models , and the damages you can do to a models ego by bad photography.
on December 2, 2008
This book is an excellent follow-up to Mr. Gomez's first book, Garage Glamour. While it covers many of the same topics, it builds upon the first book in an understandable and cohesive manner. There is plenty of information on how to take better photos. In addition, there are chapters on the business of photography, and how to be professional. Well-written and easy-to-read, I highly recommend this book.
on December 2, 2008
I love Rolando's work. After reading his other books I decided I need to have every one. All though, you may see some of the same tips and explanations in different books I feal they are important keys and perfect reminders. Not only do his books teach you about lighting and posing they teach you how to work and talk with your subject which I find is most important part when doing fashion and glamour photography. The wisdom that he shares I have put into good use. I have been able to put it towards my own photography business doing portrait, glamour, fashion and wedding photos.
on October 4, 2008
This book by Rolando is simply put excellent reading, the information found inside the book serves well the professional and amateur photographer alike. You will pick up a host of knowledge not only for Glamour work but some of the practices and technics can be used in other forms of photography as well. Great reading and the girls are beautiful, I totally respect the reason for using the models Rolando has.
Well done.
My status: Professional photographer.
on October 3, 2008
A nice step by step book that is right to the point with all aspects of glamour photography. The author starts off with some pointers on selecting models and then building rapport with them. I found the tips for conducting a successful shoot and understanding the poses that work the best to be practical. A fine collection of photos exemplify the beautiful potential glamour photography yields. This book along with the others I have read by Rolando Gomez is a testament to his passion and expertise.
on March 3, 2008
Rolando produces in classic style. He delivers as I have come to expect him to! He is very easy to understand and very informational. I recommend his books and seminars as they have help me produce some fantastic images!

His books and workshops have been very educational and inspiring! I can't wait for the DVD which is supposed to come out soon. Way to go Rolando!
on February 21, 2008
I got this book and was kind of shocked to see so much exposed skin on this book. None mentioned anywhere on the review page so here it is. It is a good book but just too much skin all over the place!
on February 10, 2008
Bought this book a few months ago and had a hard time putting it down. Its easy to understand with some great tips. I have taken a lot from the book and hope that anyone getting into glamour photography would consider purchasing this book for ideas and inspiration.
on February 5, 2008
I'm a fan of Rolando Gomez' website [...] (formerly garage glamour) and of the articles on it written by him. However I was disappointed when I purchased this book together with his previous 'Garage Glamour' book at the same time from Amazon, sight unseen. I would recommend against purchasing both books as he has repeated alot of the same information in both which I found very disappointing as I was hoping he could have come up with new material. For this reason I definitely wouldn't purchase any future books from this author as he would probably rehash the same stuff again. The photos in these books weren't particularly great or inspiring either.

Also if you are a fan of his website you will probably have seen a lot of this information before. Having said all that, there is some useful information and I particularly liked the info on white balance and gels. There's nothing too in depth, but would be a good read for a beginner in glamour photography. Because I've enjoyed his free articles I didn't mind having spent money on his book - but if I had my time again I just wouldn't have bought both!
on September 25, 2007
This book makes a great follow up to Rolando's first book.

More lighting setups and tips, more working with gels and specific white balance issues, and of course, more beautiful models.

Far from a boring how to manual, Rolando explains in easy to understand terms how he gets the beautiful results that are shown on many pages of this book.

A very worthwhile addition to my bookshelf, it is a great reference for many ideas.