Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Platform: PC|Change

Showing 1-10 of 247 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 858 reviews
on July 28, 2016
I'm happy with this buy. I had this game years ago and still one of my favorite. Runs perfectly with Windows 10.
on March 6, 2017
Can not play on windows 10 so it would of been nice to know before buying it
on July 7, 2013
I love this game because of the simplicity. A lot of people have moved on to Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 & 3. I tried them, but I still love this one the best. It's personal preference, so I can understand if you want the newer versions. However, the graphics are great, and this one is design with intricate details, but it's simple to use it. I like the variety of landscapes, rides, etc.
One thing I do not like is the fact that once people are bored with a certain ride, it's like the people in the game, will avoid it like the plague...that can be annoying for the maintenance of the park.
One technical thing I do not like about this game, is that it is not compatible with newer computers, so you have to install a patch, which can sometimes result in you having to install unwanted toolbars and pop-up ads.
Overall, this game is a great buy.
on August 3, 2017
I couldn't really play game so gritty looking and This item isn't eligible for return.
that is my problem right? think b 4 u buy
on August 4, 2013
If you want to have almost an endless good time playing a game, purchase the original Roller Coaster Tycoon. I have Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and 3 also, but I definitely like the original the best. The game starts out with 5 scenarios - different sizes and shapes of park land - with different goals for each park. As you complete each objective, a new park is unlocked, so you always have 5 new parks to choose from. Two examples of goals are: “To have 250 guests in your park at the end of October, Year 1,” and “To achieve a park value of at least $20,000 at the end of October, year 3.” It also has a tutorial. There are many types of rides from ferris wheels to log rides to giant roller coasters - already designed or you can design your own. It is great fun and can be addictive!
on January 30, 2011
If you went to an U.S. elementary school in the nineties, chances are you played this game.

This version is exactly how I remember the old game from my grade school days. Hard work and creative design reward you with success in the game. Poor designs and poor planning lead to failure. And lets not forget that if you get bored, you can build roller coasters to no where that send people flying to their explosive deaths. Could this game be any greater for a grade school kid?

Playing this game years later is entertaining, even addictive. The objectives of the game usually revolve around obtaining a certain park rating and a certain number of guests. Often time, these objectives can be completed with a lot of time to spare, and it can be pretty boring to just sit around waiting out the clock.

One thing that is sometimes annoying about this game is that you MUST use the CD while playing the game. This wouldn't be a big deal, but sometimes as you're playing the game, you will start scrolling to another part of a game level and the game will momentarily freeze. It will freeze for 5 seconds or so while the CD spins up and provides the necessary information. I wish the CD rom would just load all of the necessary files onto my hard drive so I wouldn't have to deal with delays. But it is a minor issue, and the game is still enjoyable.

For some added fun, you can look up cheats for the game online. Many of them involve re-naming guests in the amusement parks and they will do certain things, including waving, painting, taking pictures, etc. Some cheats will even make the go-karts drive faster.

If you're looking for a game to take you back to your younger days or you simply want to instill the capitalistic values in your child/spouse/video game playing pet Roller Coaster Tycoon is the way to go.
on May 12, 2017
I am so upset about this game. I used to play this game when I was a kid and was looking forward to playing it again. This game does not even run on my Windows XP computer. What a total waste of money. Maybe the Version is just too old.
on August 3, 2017
This product doesn't even looked like it had ever been used but when I inserted the disc and went to install it, it said the disc was corrupt and could not be installed! You can't even get your money back on it, so they should at least send one that works! I paid almost $14 for it and shouldn't be out money with nothing but an unusable disc.
on July 4, 2017
Love this game from the 90s! It's still simple and amazing
on June 17, 2017
Great product

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.