Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 62 reviews
on February 25, 2012
This is my review of Roller Derby Men's Viper Speed Quad Skate. I was afraid to get these because of the price. I thought I needed to "spend a little extra" to get what I wanted. Not the case, these skates are perfect for going to the rink. Aside for the need of insoles for cushoning these skates work great, I can't say rather they are good for roller derby or not, but I wonder how many people buy these for that exclusive purpose. I weigh 260 lbs and haven't had any problems. As for size, I wear Nike, Rockport and New Balance shoes, I ordered my everyday shoe size and these skates fit perfect. My son has the same skate and also loves his, so I don't think we just got lucky with "a good pair" I beleive these are just good skates to own.
on March 29, 2013
I am a new skater and wanted a safe, comfortable, and durable pair of skates for skating outside. These are really great for learning to skate because of the small grooves on the wheels that provide traction. They are comfortable enough, though I would wear with these a thick pair of socks or some insoles for more cushioning. They skate very smoothly. And the ABEC-5 bearings are pretty good for the price.
These are not true to size... I think Amazon should post a sizing guide for Roller Derby skates. I wear a Women's 9 and ordered a Men's size 8, yet they were still too large. I went to a size 7 and they fit well.
Great product for the price!
on December 2, 2013
I bought these for my 12 year old son. The first time he wore them the skates had a pull to the left so much so that he could not skate in them. Upon inspection by the personnel at the skating center the wheels were not centered properly by the manufacturer. The skating center offered to remount the wheels for $15. They indicated that this skate is good for lighter weight skaters (less than 115lbs). My son is about 70-75lbs so I went ahead and had them remount the wheels (instead of hasseling with returning them and purchasing a similar skate in their shop for $70). The next time we went skating, there were no problems with the performance of the skates. Not sure if we got a bad duck that missed quality inspection or if their manufacturing process in general is not set to the correct centering for the wheels. After some minor frustration, my son has a decent pair of skates that should last him a couple of years.
on April 18, 2013
It's been nearing a month of having these skates and they gone through hellandback. Despite the atrocious weather, I have found time to skate nearly everyday after my purchase of the rollerskates. I used to skate quite a bit when I was younger and recently I wanted to relive some of the nostalgia. Within the first week of getting my skating legs back and I have regressed back to my teenage years when I used to do some aggressive inline. I mainly skate on tracks and backroads and these skates can take an immense amount of stress. The Abec-5 bearings feel very natural and speedy enough to glide across rough roads.

NOTE: Abec5s might be too speedy for beginners, I purchased as a previously advanced skater and they definitely feel like intermediate-skilled favoured skates. buyer be warned!
The plastic trucks are a bit weird, but i've found they've been taking a lot of the stress and have yet to break on me. They definitely needed some breaking in, as they are now very malleable.
I also go through quite a bit of maintenance after skating (cleaning, oiling, tightening) but that should be standard for anyone who's serious about skating - I have no clue how these skates will perform if neglected. Let that be a lesson to you! Take care of your skates!

All in all, a fantastic quality product for a great price.
on March 25, 2015
These aren't made with the finest or most durable materials, and you can't expect them to be at this price. Fine for someone who's just going to trash their skates and be done with them (i.e., my kids whose feet are still growing fast); but let's be clear, these are not a wise investment for serious skaters. My biggest issue is that the toe stops cannot be changed out because they're glued in. Once I unscrewed the stock toe stop (to put on a leather toe guard, which wouldn't go on because the stems of the toe stops are so short), I could not get the toe stop back in even with all my skate tools. So you get what you pay for; that said, they're not the worst.
on May 14, 2013
i bought these as a starter pair to practice in before i get the more expensive ones later on. the shipment came as expected within the promised delivery date. i am more into the rhythmic/ jamskating style but i got these more for the fashionable side then what the skates are actually made for, i like the adidas look. i understand they are derby skates. they are nice but the wheels seem to be a little on the stiff side. they didnt spin as long as the ones at the rink and the toe stop is straight plastic without the grip so stopping is a little more difficult. overall i like them. they do good for its price and havent fallen apart yet.
on February 17, 2016
Regular.
on June 15, 2013
I bought these skates pretty cheap and they do feel cheap in the base. However, I just needed some skates for a half a dozen times a year to have fun at the local skating rink with a friend. I'm not a hard core skater so they work just fine. Beware, the trucks are plastic and flex easily so if you're going to skate hard or race you might want to pay a little more for metal.
on October 9, 2013
My girls have been wanting skates for a long time. I found these on Amazon for a good price and ordered right away. They've had them for almost 2 years now and they are still going strong. We've had no problems. I ordered a men's skate for my daughter because she wanted black. She wears a 9 in women's and these skates do fit.
on September 14, 2015
Not terrible, but you get what you pay for. Good for learning, but if you intend on doing a lot of skating, you might want to go ahead and upgrade.

The fit is good on the boot. The inability to replace the toe stop, however, is frustrating.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.