Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 24, 2010
I read a lot of reviews about this game not running properly on windows 7 so before I paid for it and downloaded it I downloaded the demo from the developer website to try it out. The demo worked fine so I purchased and installed the game and it works perfectly. The game comes with the original roller coaster tycoon 3 along with 2 expansion packs - soaked and wild. This means a lot of scenarios and a lot more rides to choose from than if you were just playing the original version. I haven't played too much with the wild expansion (which basically lets you incorporate a zoo into your park) but I have played with the soaked expansion and it is a lot of fun. Overall this game is great and I recommend it to anyone who likes to play simulation games. If you are unsure about whether the game will work on your system, I suggest doing what I did and trying the demo before purchasing!
33 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 19, 2017
This game is by far one of the most entertaining and addicting games that i have ever played, i had originally purchased this game 3 years ago and i had played it every day, however, when we moved i had lost it. I was so attached to this game i had to buy another copy. So here i am practically going insane waiting for the game to arrive, This game deserves an oscar.

P.S. I would not reccomend the amazon download for this game if you are running on windows 8 or higher, the software that amazon uses for these downloads are outdated and it may not always work to fully download the game. i learned this the hard way and it was a pain in the a** to get a refund after calling into the help desk.
on February 11, 2017
I bought this for my younger nephew to play with. He is 5 and took to it pretty well. He enjoys sandbox mode and does whatever he wants. As I was teaching him how to play, I realized how much fun this game still is and will be purchasing another copy for me. He runs an older Core2Duo build running Windows 7, installation took awhile, but it runs great.
I noticed that as the park got bigger and more complicated, the game started to lag pretty bad when day turned into night. As all the lights on the park turned on, it became almost unplayable. I simply set the game to day only and it played great. Hope this may help someone else.
on April 29, 2015
I owned this game a long time ago when it was on a disc. I have since lost the disc and I couldn't wait for the newest Roller Coaster Tycoon game to come out on PC, so I took a chance at downloading this to my computer with Windows 7. A lot of the reviews said it wouldn't work. WRONG. Upon downloading, it'll load the game so you can play it. However, when you exit and then try to reopen the game…it will not open. You'll just get a black screen. The reason being: This game was made in 2004-2005 and because of that, the necessary screen resolution is less than that of most computers made today. So, before you open the game again, you need to change your screen resolution to 1200 x 720 and it will work.
on July 10, 2017
I honestly really love this game. In fact, I was kind of obsessed with it for a little while.
I usually only play on sandbox mode which essentially is like free play, and would just build the most insane coasters possible. I would build them as high as they could possibly go only to send them plummeting down underground as far down as possible at the most aggressive angles. Then I would ride them and put the camera angle on first person or whatever it's called where it looks like your riding the coaster. I never really focused on the rest of the park though.
Different from RTC2, but still somewhat the same. It's pretty cool that you get to see the customer's view of rides and coasters. It's a little tougher to create paths because you have to click on the exact square. It's easier to drop rides now since there is an option on some rides to flatten out the ground. This takes all the guessing out of that. It does help to go through the tutorials. You can also change the screen resolution by modifying the options.txt file, so you're not stuck with the old resolution sizes. Games are no longer set times... you have as much time to meet your goals as needed, but there are 3 levels of goals: Apprentice, Entrepreneur, and Tycoon. I wish i bought it sooner, but I knew that when I did, I'd want to play all day -- and I have!
on February 25, 2017
Very happy with this purchase! Works great on Windows 10. My all time favorite was thrillville off the rails, but it required a disc to load each time it was played. This game has going for it, and wish they would continue to produce newer versions.
on May 6, 2017
After, Roller Coaster Tycoon came out with their cell phone app, which I really didn't like, it brought a memory from when I was child. So I bought it so I can play with this game. I love how you are able to control, build and manage your own parks. I love this version because there is splash and animal. If you like building stuff I totally recommend this game.
on October 18, 2013
The long awaited update to RCT and RCT 2. This game will suck you in and ruin any relationship you may have. You are going to neglect everything and everyone, except for your park patrons, playing this game.

The new graphics are awesome, the sandbox mode is really fun for those who only want to design and build, overall, the game is really great. I spent half my summer at Six Flags, and the other half trying to re-create the park in the game.

There are a few set-backs to the game. Landscaping and terraforming is not set in increments that make it easy to build on top of. There is a major dis-connect between raising and lowering the land, and building on top of that. Also, designing water features such as ponds, rivers, or waterfalls are difficult. Additionally, building paths above the ground can be complicated and require a large learning curve. The same goes for building track rides (go-karts, roller coasters, old-time cars, etc.) for the same reason. It can be very difficult to determine if your ride track is going to meet up with the other sections of track.

Overall, I am a fan of the updated game, and it still has a lot of elements of the old games that I fell in love with years ago.
on September 30, 2014
A great game still today. I was curious as to whether or not this would work for Windows 8.1, but I decided to throw caution to the wind and bought it. It runs just as well as it did five years ago, yet still has a feel like it could have been released just yesterday! Graphics are what you'd expect from a 2000's game, but it's done in such a way that you can easily get past it. The ride cam is a huge innovation for this game, and it can give you a very good idea of how you can modify your ride to make it more appealing. Plus, the jump from 2D to 3D graphics can often be a very buggy experience for a certain game, but this game's transition was as smooth as butter. Plus, the two extra packs are just the icing on the cake, that special touch that turns a game into an experience. Plus, at twenty dollars, who can complain? EA would charge you $300 for all of the stupid add-ons, and that's without the base game! No, Atari is like Babe Ruth. They don't get a hit every time, but when they do, it's a home run.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.