- File Size: 17832 KB
- Print Length: 96 pages
- Publisher: Alfred Music; 40th Anniversary edition (September 11, 2009)
- Publication Date: February 26, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00EUR5QX0
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,488,984 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$22.99|
|Print List Price:||$22.95|
Save $4.96 (22%)
The Rolling Stones: Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!: The Rolling Stones in Concert - Authentic Guitar TAB Sheet Music Transcription (Guitar) (Authentic Guitar-Tab Editions) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
For the most part I'm happy with it, it's helped me figure out some things I couldn't, assured me of some things I thought were right but didn't know, but it does have some problems. Some of it appears to just be lazy transcription, instead of actually tabbing out some of the parts, they'll just give you the chords and leave it to you to figure out exactly what Keith or Taylor are doing. Other times they'll just be wrong, like telling you to play an open E chord instead of playing it up at the seventh fret like you can clearly hear it being played.
My biggest disappointment comes in the form of Live With Me. For the most part it's a complete and pretty good tab, but I had already figured out the song except for the fill that is played during the "My best friend he shoots water rats" part. The guitar breaks from the main riff and plays a really cool fill. This book doesn't even attempt to transcribe it, even though it doesn't sound that hard and they manage to transcribe some harder parts and the solo. It just tells you to repeat the same riff over and over. As strange as it sounds, that fill was one of the main reasons I bought the book. It's one of my favorite songs to play, but I never know what to do during that part except to just keep playing the riff (which is clearly wrong), and I guess they either didn't know what to do or overlooked it.
Overall it's a pretty good book, and these (as well as internet tabs) work best as a starting out point and most people can figure out the rest, but if you're looking for a specific part of the song, it might not be there. This is much better than some books, and certainly better than most Stones guitar books, which have been notoriously bad over the years. I'm glad I bought it, but I just wish it had the Live With Me fill. I'd have given it 5 stars if it had just had that, or even an attempt at it.
Don't hesitate on this one.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Music > Instruments > Guitar
- Books > Arts & Photography > Music > Musical Genres > Rock
- Books > Arts & Photography > Music > Songbooks > Guitars & Fretted Instruments > Guitars
- Books > Arts & Photography > Music > Songbooks > Specific Artist
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Arts & Photography
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Music > Instruments & Performers > Guitar
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Music > Musical Genres > Rock
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Music > Songbooks