- Series: Oxford Studies in Ancient Culture & Representation
- Hardcover: 416 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; 1 edition (December 8, 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0199240493
- ISBN-13: 978-0199240494
- Product Dimensions: 9.8 x 1.1 x 7.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6,230,934 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Roman Nude: Heroic Portrait Statuary 200 BC - AD 300 (Oxford Studies in Ancient Culture & Representation) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
The Roman Nude admirably and energetically contextualizes its enigmatic subject. * Emma Dench, Art History * [a] solid work(s) of scholarship...remind(s) us of the hard and physical aspect of ancient culture, too often centred on warlike competitiveness. * Antiquity 80 * [A] thorough and well-researched study * Elizabeth Bartman, Classical World * Both the collection of evidence and much of the iconographic analysis represent an important contribution which will be of lasting value. * Margaret H. Williams, Journal of Roman Studies *
About the Author
Christopher H. Hallett is Professor of History of Art and Classics, University of California at Berkeley.