- Series: Oxford Studies in Ancient Culture & Representation
- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; Reprint edition (April 28, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 019959970X
- ISBN-13: 978-0199599707
- Product Dimensions: 9.7 x 0.9 x 7.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,416,308 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Roman Nude: Heroic Portrait Statuary 200 BC - AD 300 (Oxford Studies in Ancient Culture & Representation) Reprint Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Roman Nude admirably and energetically contextualizes its enigmatic subject. * Emma Dench, Art History * [a] solid work(s) of scholarship...remind(s) us of the hard and physical aspect of ancient culture, too often centred on warlike competitiveness. * Antiquity 80 * [A] thorough and well-researched study * Elizabeth Bartman, Classical World * Both the collection of evidence and much of the iconographic analysis represent an important contribution which will be of lasting value. * Margaret H. Williams, Journal of Roman Studies * --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
Christopher H. Hallett is Professor of History of Art and Classics, University of California at Berkeley.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|