- Series: Oxford Studies in Ancient Culture & Representation
- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; Reprint edition (April 28, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 019959970X
- ISBN-13: 978-0199599707
- Product Dimensions: 9.7 x 0.9 x 7.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,239,976 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Roman Nude: Heroic Portrait Statuary 200 BC - AD 300 (Oxford Studies in Ancient Culture & Representation) Reprint Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
The Roman Nude admirably and energetically contextualizes its enigmatic subject. * Emma Dench, Art History * [a] solid work(s) of scholarship...remind(s) us of the hard and physical aspect of ancient culture, too often centred on warlike competitiveness. * Antiquity 80 * [A] thorough and well-researched study * Elizabeth Bartman, Classical World * Both the collection of evidence and much of the iconographic analysis represent an important contribution which will be of lasting value. * Margaret H. Williams, Journal of Roman Studies * --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
Christopher H. Hallett is Professor of History of Art and Classics, University of California at Berkeley.