Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.59 shipping
Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
One of the most controversial and brilliant directors, Roman Polanski has long been a subject of fascination for his films and his personal life. Reopening a case that sent shock waves through the world over three decades ago, this DVD intensely examines
When Polanskis defense attorney says midway through this film that he "isnt surprised Polanski left under the circumstances" surrounding this corrupted court case, one really begins to understand why the director has not returned to America in nearly 20 years. Wanted and Desired, Marina Zenovichs documentary about Polanskis 1977 arrest for rape of a minor set facts straight about a case that was blown to ridiculous proportions by a sensationalistic press and a judge who was far from judicious. Comprised of interviews with producers and friends Andrew Braunsberg, Daniel Melnick, Mia Farrow, and many others, the film obviously sympathizes with Polanski. But ample interviews with D.A. Roger Gunson and defense attorney, Douglas Dalton, lend factual credence to the films assertion that the director was not guilty as charged and further, shows how separate public image and the real person are. Wanted and Desired covers the tragic loss of his wife, Sharon Tate, only to preface the court case and Polanskis departing the country as a result. Short clips from many of his fine films are interspersed to poignant effect between interview clips, to show how his public image has been wrongly writ based on his films dark subject matter. Polanskis lack of participation in the film, then, seems not like his condemnation of its making, but rather in keeping with his desire to avoid press in general. At best, Wanted and Desired may serve as a further invitation to the brilliant director, who has been living in France for almost 20 years with a wife and two children, to someday return to America. Trinie Dalton
- Audio commentary with director Marina Zenovich and editor Joe Bini
- Deleted Scenes
- Never-Before-Seen and Extended Interviews
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It covers so much, so well:
* An amazing human interest story/biopic of one of the greatest filmmakers of our time.
* A transfixing story of the American criminal justice system.
* The end of the Sixties in Los Angeles.
* The film industry and Hollywood (the Land of Cash, Flash & Trash).
* European vs. American sexual, moral and cultural differences.
* The Seventies in the Land of Cash, Flash & Trash.
* How the world works, per movers and shakers.
* The the news media, warts and all.
* The lawyer-protagonists: The good, bad and ugly.
* Incredible archival footage re all of the above.
Do not miss the DVD extras -- they peel back many layers of the onion.
Most recent customer reviews
You celebrity parents out there supporting this CREEP are DISGUSTING