Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change
Price:$30.46+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on December 19, 2016
I somewhat obsessively collect design books and we love this one in our house. Full of pretty pictures and ideas. Would recommend to other fellow designers!
on April 5, 2013
I saw Susanna Salk speak at a design conference recently (I am an interior designer) and decided to purchase her book after realizing that I loved another book of hers (Weekend Retreats). The book arrived the day I returned from the conference (thanks, Amazon!), and I love it!! Susanna is great at collecting visual eye candy. I could stare at these images for hours!
on March 19, 2016
Fantastic book! I felt buying second hand was a bit risky but the supplier sent a really lovely and very well kept version. I couldn't be more pleased. Was delivered quickly enough too.
on June 12, 2010
While the rooms presented in this book are indeed lovely, anyone who is a regular reader of design books, periodicals, or blogs will have seen nearly all of these photos before. The writing doesn't do anything to freshen the rehashed photos either. For example, the following is the ONLY information that accompanies a photo of a nursery (page 27):

"Shades of soft gray and a stenciled white forest make for an enchanted and very personal welcome for newborn twins."

Ummm, okay. So how about further along? Okay, here's what's written about a very intriguing girl's bedroom (page 60):

"A pink and green combination turns from preppy to playful when the scale is oversized and paired with fanciful yellow animal-patterned wallpaper."

Not too much to go on there.

If you want to know who designed a particular room, their name is in the back of the book, but their contact information isn't. Also not included is ANY information about the design process -- how the designer approached the job, sources of inspiration, knowledge about the child's, or their family's, likes, dislikes, hobbies, color preferences, etc.

Finally, the biggest factor that proves this book was given minimal effort (at best) is there is no ONE photographer given credit on the book's cover, rather all the separate photo credits are listed in the back of the book as well. Put simply, these aren't just the same rooms you've seen before, but the very same pictures! It calls into question whether Ms. Salk actually ever stepped foot in any of these rooms.

So, you've got photos with captions that tell you exactly what you're already looking at . That's the book. I guess it comes as no surprise when I say a was more than a bit let down!
on March 12, 2013
REALLY ENJOYED THIS WITH KATHERINE OUR ONLY GIRL GRAND DAUGHTER..WE TOOK IT ALL THE WAY TO BOSTON MASS JUST TO GET HER INSPIRED FOR HER NEW ROOM MAKEOVER..LOVED IT..
on February 18, 2013
Some great ideas within! (I am an interior designer and am thrilled to have this as part of my design book library.
on July 5, 2010
As an interior designer, I was very excited about Ms. Salk's newest publication on chic living spaces for children. Her presentation is fabulous and gives her audience a glimpse into the interior spaces for children that are clearly out of the box and original. None of these rooms are by any means cookie-cutter. The designers featured pushed the boundaries and created unique spaces that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Ms. Salk is to be commended for a job well done and I look forward to the next book!
on September 19, 2011
I fell in love with pictures, being a visual thinker I need pictures to work with. As a kid at heart I was going why can't I make this work for me. If pictures are what make you go then this is a good starting point, if not well just take a look.
on May 6, 2010
I was very excited to receive my copy of this book. I am redoing several kid spaces in my house, e.g. playroom and bedrooms, and have been looking everywhere for inspiration. This book has several fashionable rooms; unfortunately, I've seen most of them on design blogs, in magazines, and other books. I was hoping to see new designs. You can find many of these rooms at the Apartment Therapy Ohdeedoh, Design Mom, and Design Sponge blogs..for free.
on July 19, 2010
I recieved my book in perfect condtion and in a timely manner!!!! I am very pleased!!