Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Roominate Townhouse Building Kit” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 47% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Roominate Townhouse Building Kit
|Price:||$35.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$4.00 (10%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Connect wall and floor panels to build your structure. Use the modular building pieces to create spiral staircases, couches, pools and so much more!
- Wire up the motor circuit to make a spinning windmill, blender, pottery wheel, carousel, elevator, or anything else you can imagine!
- 121 piece set includes pluggable walls, furniture building pieces, columns, wheels, axles, motor, doll, pet cat, screwdriver, stickers, wallpapers and more
- Teaches important STEM skills: hands-on problem solving, spatial and fine motor skills, self-confidence and creativity
- Compatible with all other Roominate products and encourages open-ended play for endless possibilities
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Top Customer Reviews
This set comes with 121 pieces. I like that it's not 1000 and it's rated for girls ages 6+ so it's just right for Paige. I couldn't wait to get started on this with her. We got the Townhouse which is just an adorable three story house with lots of fun fabulous colors that pop!
It's a little bit intimidating when you are first starting out with a pile that looks like this! But that's the fun of it right?
I immediately started looking for the directions and there weren't any! With STEM in mind, the girls are supposed to design their own creation. While this is extremely intimidating to me, my daughter was thrilled! She's a free spirited girl. She doesn't always get directions and specifics so this is actually perfect for her mind. She got to work right away creating her own dream townhouse!
I love that it includes stickers and papers to design each room to their liking. The possibilities are endless.
With no directions they are free to make each room whatever color and design that they want. Personally I prefer a good set of directions with specific information but luckily my daughter is the opposite of me. In fact I think she enjoys the process more then anything. She's enjoying it so much; it's begun but not complete. She keeps building and tearing down, rearranging and changing and never actually finishing.Read more ›
I am very pleased with this purchase and I look forward to purchasing more from Roominate in the future.
I wish I could have given more stars, because I am in love with the concept here. But there are a few drawbacks that I would love to see addressed so I can confidently buy additional sets in the future.
1) It is flimsy. And it makes me really sad. The individual pieces themselves are fine, nice and sturdy, but the connecting slots are not deep enough or wide enough to provide a solid connection. Once the townhouse in built as shown (3 stories) it is difficult to play in it because the having a doll "walk up the stairs" or "cook dinner" in the first floor kitchen cause the whole thing to shake, and whatever dolls are "sleeping" on the third floor fall off. We even set a guard kitty on the top of the doll house, but she was violently thrown from the structure when a doll decided to "do her homework" in the second floor office. I would love to see either: more wall pieces provided to give better stability, or deeper connections. But as it is right now, it just doesn't work as a three story townhouse.
2) The set comes with 4 rectangles of solid colored paper. This can be cut out as is and used as walls and floors, and cut into imaginitive shapes to be used as accessories. I like the blank idea of the paper, as it doesn't set limits to what the child can imagine, dream, and create. With that being said, it is barely thicker than regular printing paper, although it is glossy.Read more ›
Until we started trying to put the walls together. The orange connectors are very tight making it a challenge to assemble the rooms. And even though they are very tight and hard to assemble, they are very loose and come apart very easily. That sounds contradictory, but it isn't. They are assembled in a way that they are stressed to the point that they are barely able to stay connected because everything is working to force them apart so that the slot can return to its original shape, rather than remain in the distorted shape it must take on to accept the wall or other connecting part.
Additionally we have one light strand that just doesn't work. You only get two...
This is a GREAT IDEA. But corners were cut and ideas that should have been discarded and re-designed weren't and the end result is a toy that is frustrating for all but the most determined of kids. And since the idea of this kit is to win girls over to the FUN of STEM, it is particularly frustrating for my daughter to "once again" experience that engineering and STEM is not fun or easy, but just like she expected and difficult and maybe better for boys...
I'm giving it three stars because it isn't completely unusable and the kids were wowed by the fact that I could make a ceiling fan for the rooms. But it is a toy that daddy has to help with.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We could not make the building items stay together. It was very frustrating for us and our grandson.Published 2 months ago by Mary Keely
Perfect toy for my grand daughter., She and her daddy engineer new configurations all the time!Published 2 months ago by P. L. Jensen
My 6-year-old loved it! There could be more paper walls, etc, included, but very happy with the quality. We will be buying more Roominate sets.Published 3 months ago by Kelly Salefski
My granddaughter has been playing with this ever since she got it for Christmas. She lives it.Published 4 months ago by Deborah Arthur
I love the kit and my 10 year old granddaughter also loved it. I think someone should take off the "6 and up" off the front of the package. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Mary Jane Hildebrandt
My granddaughter loves Roominate. The perfect gift for a bright, creative child.Published 5 months ago by Susan A. Dailey
My only issue with the Roominate series is that they don;t stay together well. You can build very elaborate things, but you cannot play with them or move them as they pop right... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Jeanne M.