Rosamond's Heart (The Black Mountain Saga Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
It was a little strange that the castles were so identical, but it wasn’t odd enough to throw me out of the story. I would have liked to know a little more about Haneh, but again due to the length of the book, that’s understandable. There was a lot of info and action, without it being too over the top.
I’m really looking forward to getting my hands on the next book. Oh! And did I mention dragons? And wizardry, and magical healing. Dungeons and sword fights, with a dash of romance at the end.
I would highly recommend reading this book.
(cross-posted to my blog)
This is a very fast paced adventure full of magic, compassion and trust. It was very well written and extremely descriptive. Cate Dean makes the world come to life and lets you really "see" everything that is happening as its happening. There is some switching of characters POV so you really get the big picture of how dire their situation. I think this would have made an excellent novel with some more background about Haneh and how he came to be trapped inside the castle's walls, possibly a flashback or two of Rose's before she came to be a lady in waiting for the Queen, and of course more background on Arthur and why he kidnapped Prince Jaren.
One thing that really bothered me while reading this; the Queen is never given an actual name. She is always referred to as "milady", which I found extremely annoying towards the end. Despite this small nuance, I really enjoyed reading this novella, it kept me entertained throughout and I did not want to put it down till I was done. I was happily surprised by the ending, as I thought things were going to turn out differently, but for all the torture and fear that dominate the first ¾'s of the story it has a very happily-ever-after type of ending.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I seriously don't get it, its good but then bothers my head but anyway, I still love the storyPublished 5 months ago by Yun Perez
Pulls you in from the very beginning and doesn't let go! This is such a fast-paced read. It's addictive, incredibly interesting, and leaves you wanting more. Read morePublished 19 months ago by A. Brantley
A missing beloved prince, a sorcerer's spirit trapped within a castle's walls, a gifted young man destined to one day become a great healer, and a strong, intelligent heroine who... Read morePublished on April 12, 2012 by jen meyers
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery