Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 27, 2017
This works quite well. It tends to accelerate over downslopes; so one has to be careful to keep the brake engaged. AT fast speeds one tends to get the feeling it is not stable. IT also has more impact on the knee on rough surfaces. Not a great medium for transportation, especially if it involed carpeted surfaces. Over carpeting it can be quite tiring. I wanted to order a second one but was disappointed that Amazon had gotten too enthusiastic about making money and raised the price by almost $20 in just 2 weeks. Can you believe it? So I ordered one through WalMart with free shipping.
on September 14, 2016
This scooter is wonderful! Easy to assemble, and easy to use. I have spent 3 weeks on this, with 3 to go, and am extremely happy I invested in it! I find it to be very comfortable, and sturdy around the house. The narrow back wheel base allows you to navigate without pushing your leg too far out to the side, which helps avoid causing knee and hip issues on the "good" side. The adjustable seat height keeps the injured side comfortable, and handle bar adjustment ensures you stay upright and not hunched over. I have taken it outside in the yard and on pavement, and would suggest you go a little slower and watch for all the bumps and cracks so your not caught off guard. The wheels clean up easily, and I have not noticed any marks on my floors or carpets.
on December 10, 2016
Broke my foot and had to have surgery. Bought this the week after I broke it. Been using it for over 3 months and it has been a lifesaver and a source of independence. I am not very strong but I am able to lift this into my car without any problem. It folds down so easily and fits into the trunk. Its really well built, haven't tipped at all or had any near tips. Love the basket! The only 2 cons are that kids stare at it like it's a toy and will try to touch it OR worse touch my broken foot and 2nd adults give you stink eye because from the front you look like you are on a razor scooter. Otherwise it is WAY better than crutches.
on September 24, 2017
I have used this scooter for 8 weeks. The turn radius is not good but, may be for safety. I just pick up the front end in the direction I want to go. Sure beats crutches or a walker. I use it inside and outdoors, even on grass. I am 5'1", it's still a bit too high for me. My thigh on the affected leg gets cramped on long distances. Be careful on walks with woodchips (playgrounds) and small rocks. I can even put the break on and sit on it.
on May 8, 2017
We got this for our son-in-law as he was to have 2 surgeries a year apart. He is done using it for this one and he said it worked great. It was easy to maneuver even on carpeting. I liked its ease in lifting to put in & out of vehicle. He is a little on the heavy side and there was no issue in holding his weight. He loved having the basket to carry items which made it safer to use.
on August 15, 2016
I recently fractured and displaced my fibula and had to undergo surgery with orders to stay off my leg for the first 4 weeks. This scooter has been a life saver. I cannot personally speak to how difficult it was to assemble, but my grandchildren (ages 14 & 16) put it together for me in about 5 minutes without any instructions. I have not experienced any of the wobble reported by some others. I have been using it for about 2 weeks and it has held up beautifully. It is well made and stable. Taking everyone's advice, I have been careful to not go too fast and to be careful of uneven surfaces and so far have had no accidents or spills. Very happy with this purchase!
on June 25, 2016
My son put it together for me. I had surgery on my left foot and cannot put weight on it. This was not hard for him to put together, He figured out how to collapse it for traveling. You will need a pen- I used one of those plastic narrow yellow highlighters. Pull the thing down under the basket and put the pen in the round opening under it and it will move backwards. you can also do the same thing with the seat if you need it to completely collapse. To bring it up when you arrive- you reverse the process. Push in the pen as you pull up the handles/seat and you will hear a click. remove the pen and flip the handle thing back into place and its done. My daughter is not patient and got irritated trying to collapse it, so she shoved it into the back of my SUV- sideways, yes it fit. It didn't help that I was laughing hysterically watching her as I explained it, that may have added to her frustration as she started laughing and it was then a lost cause... Have fun I'm very pleased with this, my dogs (80 lbs and 10 lbs) both know how to get out of its way now. Breaks work good, practice on down hills and going to the MD the cement is never even so watch out for the breaks in the flooring your are on.
on September 4, 2016
If you have to be non-weight bearing for a length of time, don't hesitate--order a knee scooter! I had heel surgery in May and had to be NWB for 2 1/2 months. I did NOT want to deal with crutches. I looked at a lot of knee scooters but I liked this one in the burgundy color and the deciding factor with this one was the included basket. The basket was my best friend! When you don't want to be up and around a lot, the basket made it so nice to tuck items into and carry from place to place. Also, it was great to be able to put my purse into the basket when we were out in public. The scooter was easy to assemble and easy to adjust. I did receive it about a week prior to my surgery, so I had some time to practice with it and get accustomed to braking, etc. Also, it helps to clear away any potential obstacles in the home prior to surgery. We have hardwood floors throughout our house so I did not have to deal with running it over carpet. We seldom had to fold the handle down for transport but it does fold down easily. Whoever came up with the idea of knee scooter is a genius!!
on December 14, 2014
After going though a hip replacement last year, I found out that I needed a ankle replacement this year. My doctor recommended a knee scooter and so I began a search for one on Amazon. I did at first try a medical supply house as my doctor suggested, but the same products as on Amazon cost almost 4 times as much at one of those locations! Since I am paying for my own, I chose Amazon to do my research on and selected this product after looking through the various ones listed. Here is what I found:

1. My surgery was 10 days ago, so I have been using this product for the last 9 days. I ordered the unit ahead of surgery to have a chance to try it, assemble it, and return it if necessary.

2. There was no need to return this as the product arrived exactly as described and took only about 10 minutes to put together and another 10 minutes to adjust it so that it comfortably fit me.

3. The fit and finish of all of the part is outstanding!!!!!

4. The disk break that is part of this knee scooter is FANTASTIC. A friend of mine had a different type that used essentially bolt heads to press into the wheels to slow it down and that was a TERRIBLE design. This design quickly and easily stops the unit. As an additional feature, if you push the handle away instead of gripping it, you set a parking brake!! While this may not sound like something you need, it is an ESSENTIAL part of the knee scooter! You will be surprised at how many places you go to that are not even and without the brake you will be fighting to have your unit stay in place.

5. The included basket is of very good quality and includes very heavy duty attachment points and a convenient handle to carry items in the basket. Again, you may not think a basket is necessary, but you will quickly find that it is ESSENTIAL since you cannot carry things in your hands and use the scooter safely.

6. The wheels roll easily and the ball bearing design means that this scooter can quickly get up to a fast speed and that if left on even the most gentle of slopes, will roll away on its own!! So, Always use the parking brake!!!

7. I figured that I would probably use the electric chairs that places like Costco provide when I went there instead of the knee scooter. So, today I went to Costco with my wife and took my knee scooter. I figured on parking it inside Costco and using the electric chair. Well, it was so easy to use getting from the van to the entrance that I told my wife I would just try using the scooter instead of getting one of the available electric chairs. Glad I decided on doing that. It was no effort to glide all over Costco and my wife gave up trying to keep up with me. Instead she sent me on errands to get things and bring them back to her. Glad I had that basket!!!!

When I went into this I never expected that a medical device would be anything other than a hassle, much like crutches. Instead, I have found that this little device makes things very easy indeed to accomplish and gives me a lot of mobility. I cannot recommend this unit highly enough!!!!!!! I am extremely pleased with it.
on January 23, 2016
This knee scooter has been a complete lifesaver! I just had surgery to repair two torn tendons in my left foot/ankle and I am completely non-weight bearing for the next 4 weeks. I have been using my scooter for just under a week and I could not be happier. I can get all over my house with relative ease. I can go forwards, backwards and even make turns without much thought. It rides smoothly on all the floor surfaces we have. Carpet (fairly thick), tile, and hardwood. I am able to use the basket to carry a lot of things around with me so that I can get from one place to another without having to wait for someone to come help me. My knee is not getting sore at all! The cushion is really soft and supportive of my knee. The break is nice to have on tile, just to make sure you are stable before sitting down or standing up. I am only 5'2" and the scooter could go even lower if needed and it can definitely adjust up for much taller people as well. I have used my crutches a little to get around when taking a shower, or things like that, but I know that if I had to rely on only crutches, my arms would be so sore and I'm sure I would have tried to put my foot down by accident at some point and hurt myself. The scooter takes away that temptation/situation from even happening. While I can't wait to walk on my own again, I will be sad to see my scooter go when I am done using it. It is the best purchase I have made for myself and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is non-weight bearing for an injury. The sturdy design and easy folding top (I can put it in the car to take with me) is great! You will not be disappointed in this product.