Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

Roseanne: Season 1
Format: DVD|Change

on February 11, 2014
This would have gotten five stars if it weren't for the packaging. I love Roseanne, and since Millcreek took over they have the full, uncut episodes, which is fantastic.

But the packaging! Horrible! This isn't a snap-in DVD case like every other DVD case on the planet. It's pretty much just a plastic box made to look like a DVD case. The DVDs are held in flimsy paper sleeves which are set in the case. But you get what you pay for and that explains why they can sell 3-disc sets for such a low price.
on May 14, 2012
I remember watching this as a child and loved it. When i saw that they offered it on dvd i was extremely excited. I was alittle nerves about getting it since alot of the review said that they weren't complete episodes or something but i couldn't tell if anything was missing. The show is as funny as i remeber it. The only thing that kinda dissapointed me, which i knew before i bought it was the way the disc are packaged. i wouldnt have minded spending alittle extra money for them to add alittle more plastic for the disc to connect too. The outer caseing is fine like you would get with regular dvd you buy but the disc are in these little paper shleves.They could of done better!! All in all i would recomend this product.
on May 21, 2008
Pay regular price for a season of edited, not uncut episodes of a popular series? I don't know; I'd rather get uncut versions if I can, so I'd been holding out for either when it's on sale at a very low price or when it's re-released in an uncut edition. I found out unexpectedly that it's on sale with a price so low I decided to order it. This set arrived within days, all ready to play. I enjoyed the episodes, all under 22 minutes each, especially one I don't ever remember seeing before: 'Father's Day' (ep. 14 on disc 2).

It's true that all episodes here are edited similar to what's been shown in syndication. There's a scene I remember in the one with Darlene finding her newspaper job more than she can handle that was omitted ('The Monday Thru Friday Show', ep. 12 on disc 2): if I remember right, after the commercial fadeout midway through, Darlene reports to her boss for not delivering all the newspapers. The boss goes into lecture mode, but before he's finished Darlene interrupts him and asks him point-blank if she's fired. The boss says yes... Anyway, I don't remember everything from this season as I wasn't into back then. Nonetheless, I got to see everything and enjoyed it.

Box art dressed in McDonald's colors look nice. I like the trivia questions listed inside the cases. Ditto for the extras included. Not just that but the extras as well as the commentaries are closed-captioned (no subtitles). Most other shows on DVD can't claim this fact. Thank you, Roseanne and everyone responsible for putting it together.

Would I recommend this product? Yes, but considering the edited content you might want to wait until it's on sale or when it's re-released in uncut form. Don't know about the latter, but at least it's an idea. Enjoy...
on June 4, 2017
Love this show. Funny, her personality kind of matches mine
on October 12, 2016
It felt so real. Not pretentious in the least. Dan and Roseanne are the best couple ever. Perfect, especially considering how different they are. Realism on tv is nearly unheard of, but on a sit-com almost extinct. Every generation or so we get something that nearly everyone can relate to or at least understand. The first years of Roseanne is that very thing.
on August 15, 2017
Perfect Condition.
on May 14, 2012
As many reviewers have stated that the episodes aren't uncut, I'm assuming that those reviews are from the previous version of season one. With this new version of season one (Released Sept. 13, 2011), the episodes are uncut. Though the packaging could be better (sleeves for each disc), for the price, this is a great deal. I would recommend this to any Roseanne fan!
on January 11, 2015
This is the beginning of a wonderful series. Though the series starts out a little slow at times, there is a lot of heart in this season. Watching this show reminds me of when I was little and I used to watch it with my family. It has the nostalgia that makes you want to go back to the late 1980s where everything seemed a little more simpler. Love this show!
on September 12, 2014
My favorite sit com of all time, bar none. If you lived in the 80s, and raised kids, this is probably your life, magnified. The characters are consistent, real, funny as all get out. The plots are light ad easy but so based in how much reality can bite, if you let it. This is an icon of American television. The show is available for purchase, and available for streaming. If you have never seen Roseanne, or you just need to go back in time and laugh out loud, this is where you begin.
on September 4, 2017