Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 93 reviews
on March 5, 2017
Good read
on September 18, 2016
A good story that had a nice plot that moved along at a steady pace. Sometimes it was a bit much but you still enjoyed the read.
on May 22, 2016
I had to read it twice to appreciate the characters more. What I found funny, was Agnes and Alice's view of husbands. Share and share alike.
on August 10, 2015
Great book
on April 20, 2015
Enjoyed this book
on April 14, 2015
I have read other reviews and a lot people did not like the book, especially Severin. At times he seemed downright mean. However, at that time in history women were married for wealth and breeding. Another book I have read several times.
on October 9, 2014
Great series
on December 20, 2013
I read this book several years ago and fell in love with it. When I saw I could get it on my kindle I jumped at the chance. I have seen some of the reviews and wondered if we were reading the same book. I am a great history lover, I think this is one reason I love historical fiction books, ranging from Catherine Coulter to Bernard Cornwell. Some of the readers that object to the way men treated women in this era remind me of what happened to my daughter when she was writing a paper for college. Her professor reminded her that the paper on the treatment of women at that time wasn't relevant, that she could not "see" the book through the eyes of a modern woman, she had to know what was happening in that time period. What we consider awful behavior and cruel treatment was the norm for that time period, accepted by both men and women.

I not only have this book in paperback but also in hardcover and on my kindle. I think this should show anyone just how much I liked this book. A definite five star story as far as I'm concerned.
on October 30, 2013
Some "Song" better than others but overall seemed silly. The male and female relationships were depicted in ludicrous ways. While male dominance was clearly a cultural norm during medival times, Coulter writes in a manner that makes characters farsical.
on August 19, 2013
This book was good. In the beginning, i wanted to stop reading on account of hastings being an idiot the whole time, but after her friends talked to her, the book got interesting. Overall, the middle and ending is better than the beginning