Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.09 shipping
Rose's Baking Basics: 100 Essential Recipes, with More Than 600 Step-by-Step Photos Hardcover – Illustrated, September 25, 2018
|New from||Used from|
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Ask Alexa to read your book with Audible integration or text-to-speech.
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Publisher
Apple Walnut Bundt Cake from Rose’s Baking Basics
Serves 12 to 14 │ Oven Temperature: 350°F/175°C │ Baking Time: 50 to 60 minutes
This is the perfect apple cake for the fall season, but it can be enjoyed any time of the year. It is great to have this Bundt cake in your repertoire as it is easy to make and stays moist and flavorful for 5 days at room temperature, up to 10 days refrigerated. Because it is made with oil, it can be enjoyed at room temperature or cold. The caramel glaze is an optional but fabulous accompaniment.
The pan must be a minimum 12 cup capacity, such as a Nordic Ware Anniversary Bundt Pan with 10-15 cup capacity, or a 12 cup Bundt pan, coated with baking spray with flour; or a 16 cup two-piece angel food pan, bottom lined with parchment, then coated with baking spray with flour
· 3 large eggs (½ cup plus 1 ¼ tablespoons, or 150 g)
· 1 cup (100 g) walnut halves
· 2 ½ cups (300 g) flour, lightly spooned into the cup and leveled off
· 1 teaspoon (5.5 g) baking soda
· 1 teaspoon (6 g) sea salt
· 2 teaspoons (4.4 g) ground cinnamon
· 4 large tart apples, diced (4 cups/525 g)
· 1 ¼ cups (269 g) canola or safflower oil
· 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
· ¾ cup (163 g) light brown sugar
· 2 teaspoons (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven
• 20 minutes before toasting the walnuts, set an oven rack in the lower third of the oven. Set the oven at 350°F/175°C
Mise en place
• 30 minutes to 1 hour ahead, set the eggs on the counter at room temperature (65° to 75°F/19° to 24°C)
• Toast and chop the walnuts: Spread the walnuts evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Turn the walnuts onto a clean dish town and roll and rub them around to loosen the skins. Discard any loose skins and let the nuts cool completely. Chop medium coarse.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
• Peel, core, and cut the apples into ⅛ to ¼ inch dice.
Make the batter
1. Into the bowl of a stand mixer, weigh or measure the eggs. Add the oil, granulated and brown sugars, and the vanilla. With the flat beater, beat on medium for 1 minute, until blended
2. Add the flour mixture and beat on low for 20 seconds, just until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl
3. Detach the bowl from the stand and with a large spoon stir in the apples and walnuts. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan
Bake the cake
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a wire cake tester inserted near the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center
Cool the cake
5. Let the cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. If using a straight sided pan, run a metal spatula between the sides of the pan and the cake. Invert the cake onto a wire rack that has been lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray and cool completely for about 1½ hours
Room temperature, 5 days; refrigerated, 10 days; frozen, 2 month.
About the Author
ROSE LEVY BERANBAUM is the award-winning author of twelve cookbooks, including The Cake Bible, which was inducted into the International Association of Culinary Professionals Culinary Classics Awards, and The Baking Bible, IACP Best Baking Book for 2015. She also won a James Beard Foundation Award in 1998 for Rose's Christmas Cookies, and her 2003 book, The Bread Bible, was an IACP and James Beard Foundation nominee and was listed as one of the top ten books of the year by Publishers Weekly and Food & Wine. Her popular blog, realbakingwithrose.com, has created an international community of bakers.
- Item Weight : 3.25 pounds
- Hardcover : 400 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0544816226
- ISBN-13 : 978-0544816220
- Product Dimensions : 7.94 x 1.11 x 10 inches
- Publisher : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; Illustrated Edition (September 25, 2018)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #28,732 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: