BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Rose's Foal

on October 16, 2014
Terrific children's book about a young horse (foal) and its relationship with its mother. My little girl loves this book!
on December 21, 2014
Scarlett Lewis' photos of her foal and story are prophetic of the life and death of her precious little son.
on December 29, 2012
I bought copies of this book in honor of Jesse. It is a soft cover book about a horse and her new baby. The story is told with real photographs of Rose. My favorite is the ending: "Rose also tells her son that one day they might not live on the same farm, but she will always love him. She explains that every mother and child share a special bond in their hearts, regardless of distance or time, forever and always". Truly a beautiful book.
on January 7, 2013
This book is wonderfully written, beautifully photographed, to not only share a true story but to attest a mother's love. My 4.5 year old son has read this every night since it arrived. In your horseshoes, please know I'm thinking of you and wishing you continued healing. May Jesse's spirit live on in the memories you keep. xo
on January 27, 2013
Rose's Foal is a beautiful book for two reasons.

(1.) The story line showcases a mothers love, in this case speaking of the horse and her love for her foal, but it is easy to see that Scarlett Lewis is also speaking of her love for her son's. All mothers want their children to know that a mothers love never ends...it is eternal. This is a book children love to hear over and over again.

(2) I am sure Scarlett Lewis never imagined how important it would be for her son Jesse to understand how much a mother, any mother loves her child. Scarlett lost Jesse on December 14, 2012. He was a student at Sandyhook in Newtown Connecticut. I don't know Scarlett, but heard through a friend of my daughter's that she had authored this book. I decided to pay tribute to Scarlett and Jesse by purchasing this wonderful book and sharing it with many parents and children in the hopes of keeping Jesse's memory alive.
on December 24, 2012
I just purchased this book to give away as one of my Random Acts of Kindness, in honor of sweet Jesse. I think I'll have to purchase another one, though, because I want to give one to my own 1 year old son to grow up with. Lewis family, you will be forever in my heart.
on January 20, 2013
I bought this book for my little brother. He was so moved that he asked to dedicate the story to his 3rd grade teacher & donate it to his class library. Couldn't be more moved & honored to know Scarlett Lewis.
on December 19, 2012
We purchased this book in honor of Jesse and his family. Scarlett Lewis (a close friend) is the author and the mother of Jesse and his older brother JT. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today and always. It is a beautiful book with a heartfelt message of the special bond between parent and child - in their hearts, regardless of distance or time, forever and always. Love never ends. xoxo
on December 19, 2012
I have purchased this book to donate to our local elementary school. I am sure it will be one that is read to every kindergartener for years to come.
on December 20, 2012
I just purchased 2 books, one for our family and the other I'm donating to our elementary school library. God Bless!