Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on April 19, 2016
I bought "Carrots Love Tomatoes" for a friend who loved the book. I suggested I was going to buy "Roses Love Garlic" but he thought it would basically be the same. Well, he was wrong! I love this book because it explains companion gardening. I didn't even realize that some plants just don't "play" well with other plants, yet thrive when in the company of particular plants. Louise Riotte explains why certain plants do well together or "clash" with other plants. I found it so interesting that certain insects are repelled by certain plants (their fragrance or color in some cases) and if you have an insect problem you can add particular flowers, herbs, or veggies to your flower garden and avoid using poisons. The book is a wealth of information on flowers and goes beyond just growing them. I really like the sections on drying flowers, "traditional remedies," special projects such as making jewelry from flowers or terrariums. Last but certainly not least, are some wonderful garden plans - a fragrant evening garden, an edible flower garden, a butterfly or hummingbird or bee garden, and even a section on plants for the elderly. This truly is a great reference book that I will use and enjoy for years. I think it will make a wonderful gift as well.
on February 6, 2017
very detailed book with lots of info...only reservation is that the illustrations of gardens are often too small to read! I wish i had had it befroe I planted a thing!
on October 29, 2012
This is the companion book to Carrots Love Tomatoes and if you want the best garden you could possibly have, both books are virtually essential. Although Louise lived in the South, her knowledge works even up here in Northern Minnesota. These books are invaluable to those who want the absolute most out of their garden and time.

I have been gardening for more than 30 years, and have looked everywhere for information on what I grow in my gardens. These books have some of the most obscure information I have ever found on plants and gardening in general. You can't possibly go wrong!
on May 17, 2016
This is about companion planting, and a wide range of plant related information. The writing is easy to understand, informal. lt's enjoyable reading especially for rainy days that keep you indoors instead of in the garden.
on August 19, 2016
Bought this for my husband. This is his first year square foot gardening. It found it to be very interesting.
on June 10, 2016
A great source book for companion planting
on September 18, 2009
I'm an extremely practical gardener. My idea of a pretty flower is my eggplants blooming. Having read Carrots love Tomatoes, I was eager to get my hands on Roses as well, imagining all sorts of useful plants with flowers on them. But this book is actually about flowers, the ones people grow just because they're pretty. There's nothing wrong with beauty for beauty's sake, it's just not my style. This book definitely has information that I plan on using, and I highly recommend it for people who actually like flowers on their own.

I wish I could have met Louise Riotte, she seems such a fascinating person from her writings.
on October 31, 2016
Will be very useful this coming year.
on January 5, 2015
I used to check Roses Love Garlic book out every year at the library, until I learned all about gardening. I was happy when I found my own copy on Amazon. Thank you, K.L.H
on August 29, 2017