Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Platform: PC/Mac Disc|Edition: English (American)|Change

Showing 1-10 of 151 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 206 reviews
on November 3, 2016
I hoped to find an a high level more professional, more interesting, maybe related a my career environment or more professional to help the people to prepare the TOEFL test, for example. But is not like that, to me is bored and simple.
The topics used are the same like other ELS program: To go to the grosery store, to buy something, to be in the restaurant, drive or ask for a direction etc etc.
Everybody can figure out this situation, in any way, I understant that half of the course be related with those topics, but, could be very interesting if the two last levels be in a preofesional environment, in a high level of conversation.
on July 18, 2015
Grandma has been using it a few times a week. Overall it worked much better than any other similar software we tried.
The speed on my HP laptop running Windows 8 is okay. Sometimes she had trouble opening the application, but for the most part it works fine.
The five levels of learning are decent. I'd say their "speaking judge" can be strict - many times she had trouble getting pass a screen because the computer just did not accept her pronunciation. Grandson who speaks perfect English also had trouble getting pass it. Oh well, there is always something to improve upon.
I'd way the price we paid is a bit on the high side, even though we bought it on sale. This package will get you started and teach you some very basic sentences and dialogues. Still nothing beats learning from the native speaker in the environment.
If you don't have better options, try this one.
on August 8, 2013
I would say the same thing as I said for the other Rosetta Stone reviews....Not knowing the language at all this program is NOT great!!!! If you have already taken a language course the first level or second then this way is a great practice and continuing on learning. If you don't know the language at all, well be prepared to get confused who the verb is referring to and have a dictionary next to you. It's also not worth the price.
on August 3, 2013
I bought this product for my young kids. It is very useful for kids. It explains detaily and has fun. My children love this product. Also it delivers very quickly. I strongly recommend this product. If you want to improve your English, you should buy this.
on May 21, 2017
Excellent product I recommend it to all Luis M.Malo was the customer service of amazon in Spanish not all but some do not treat you well, thanks
on October 6, 2013
It's too basic, including the highest levels. I was expecting more complex and useful. I think that Roseta Stone should have levels like four and five better designed and more interesting.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on September 5, 2012
Even though we were pleased with the content it is a nightmare if you want to switch to another computer, reinstall the software and continue from where you left. After some time we spent trying to figure it out how to deactivate the product and activate it on a new one, it worked fine for a few weeks but then we started getting warning screens asking for registration code and then when entered the famous minor error 8111 (as we later learned this happens frequently) and the levels we passed are all gone. We tried many times, asked for support, many weeks and months passed but no solution. We managed to continue using its online version on our ipad but then our time expired and we were asked to renew the online subscription but we were not willing to pay another considerable amount for just one year so we went back to the activation problem. Tried again, asked for support but no progress. Software updates also did not make any change. Anyway, I recommend that you buy this only if you are considering to install it on one computer and plan to finish the lessons as soon as possible. They should definitely change the way the software operates and protected.

EDIT: RS Product Support kindly approached and helped us to solve the problem. As we have guessed, it was not easy for ordinary users to solve the problem and by remotely accessing our computer, upon our permission, and with the touch of an expert hand the problem is solved and now everything seems to be back in order. Thanks to the support team.
on May 11, 2017
Good
on November 15, 2013
My daughter, who is severely dyslexic, was in the full French Immersion Program in our school system. Because of the nature of the program, she studied only French words. We moved her to English this year and hoped the English Rosetta Stone would help prepare her for 3rd grade English. Rosetta stone helped with her pronunciation issues which have plagued her since pre-school but has not helped with word recognition. It was a shot in the dark but worth a try. In the past we have purchased Rosetta Stone French, Spanish and Chinese. I think it is a great program and can work wonders with a little effort. The Chinese version, which I did not buy from Amazon, was scratched so we only got through the first lesson. It starts out with practicing sounds rather than words. I would recommend Rosetta Stone to anyone who has employees who speak another language or those wishing to travel abroad. It was $70 less on Amazon than on base.
on July 17, 2011
Had several problem with installation. The application kept on complaining that activation cannot be performed as internet connection is not available. However internet connection was available and I was chatting Rosettastone customer service representative. I got it activated through phone but after first level, it started to complain again that Activation needed. I had to get new activation id and spent several hours of my time to get issue resolved.

Overall the product is good so far. I will update more when I finish the course