Truck Season Automotive Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 18, 2015
Grandma has been using it a few times a week. Overall it worked much better than any other similar software we tried.
The speed on my HP laptop running Windows 8 is okay. Sometimes she had trouble opening the application, but for the most part it works fine.
The five levels of learning are decent. I'd say their "speaking judge" can be strict - many times she had trouble getting pass a screen because the computer just did not accept her pronunciation. Grandson who speaks perfect English also had trouble getting pass it. Oh well, there is always something to improve upon.
I'd way the price we paid is a bit on the high side, even though we bought it on sale. This package will get you started and teach you some very basic sentences and dialogues. Still nothing beats learning from the native speaker in the environment.
If you don't have better options, try this one.
5 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 8, 2013
I would say the same thing as I said for the other Rosetta Stone reviews....Not knowing the language at all this program is NOT great!!!! If you have already taken a language course the first level or second then this way is a great practice and continuing on learning. If you don't know the language at all, well be prepared to get confused who the verb is referring to and have a dictionary next to you. It's also not worth the price.
7 people found this helpful
on December 2, 2017
Bought this as a gift for a Filipina. Her only complaint with this was the assumption that the native speaker knew Spanish and was learning English. That should possibly have been clearer in the advertising.
on August 3, 2013
I bought this product for my young kids. It is very useful for kids. It explains detaily and has fun. My children love this product. Also it delivers very quickly. I strongly recommend this product. If you want to improve your English, you should buy this.
4 people found this helpful
on June 16, 2017
At this moment I have covered just 1 and a half of 5 units. An so far so good. I will update this review when I finisn.
on November 3, 2016
I hoped to find an a high level more professional, more interesting, maybe related a my career environment or more professional to help the people to prepare the TOEFL test, for example. But is not like that, to me is bored and simple.
The topics used are the same like other ELS program: To go to the grosery store, to buy something, to be in the restaurant, drive or ask for a direction etc etc.
Everybody can figure out this situation, in any way, I understant that half of the course be related with those topics, but, could be very interesting if the two last levels be in a preofesional environment, in a high level of conversation.
12 people found this helpful
on July 27, 2017
The program came not damaged and it came on time. It works really well and is really helpful.
on January 11, 2018
great product that works
on February 11, 2018
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on September 14, 2017
Good as any Rosetta Stone product. Congratulations!!!
P.S.: I'm still waiting for the RUSSIAN CD-ROM Package be available for sending to Brazil.