Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 60 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on March 11, 2012
We purchased this for our five year old. He has been getting private Spanish tutoring since he was 2 and it was time for a more intense program. He was never made to speak with his tutors since they all spoke English. The Rosetta Stone program requires you to speak and actually pronounce the words correctly. He enjoys the program so far but his attention span for it is about 20-30 minutes. It is note super entertaining for someone his age but he is getting the material he needs. So far (disc 1)the program goes through grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary, and spelling. This program costs us much less than his three years of private lessons and it covers writing, speaking, and reading. I would recommend this program for other parents as a tool to use at home. The only issue we have had so far is that it was not compatible with all of the settings with our antivirus program. We had to make some adjustments and then it worked fine.
33 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2017
We've been using this program with four children for two years now. There has been one technical issue after the next, one error code after another, to the point where the Rosetta Stone program will not open, will not function, and will not communicate with the computer correctly. I have spent hours on the phone on many different occasions with tech support, and they have worked with me to temporarily resolve the issue each time (until today). But I am losing teaching hours each time this happens, and my children are losing school time. Today, when I called for "error code 2123: there was an error in the application", tech support said I would have to pay $19.95 for phone support and directed me instead to their online tech support. Wow. I had asked for a replacement of the Rosetta Stone software two years ago when this package was only a few weeks old and it became clear it was littered with problems. They refused to replace the product, stating that all the Rosetta Stone homeschool edition software packages had these same interface issues! Unbelievable that they know about this as a standing issue, and yet are still selling this product. They would not issue a full or partial refund either. This is simply unacceptable.

Beyond interface issues, there are actual language mistakes as well. For example, they teach "naranja" as the color "orange", when in fact that is the word for the citrus fruit, not the color. "Anaranjado" is the correct word for the color orange.

Buyer Beware.
review image
on April 6, 2017
The headset does not work. It is a old style Walkman headset with a non working microphone. Spent several hours trying to get it to work and finally called tech help. First thing out of their mouth was "go buy a USB headset, the one you have will never work, we are aware of it". So now I have to spend another $30 on this product that supposedly had everything I need. Sell me smomething that does not work and you already know it? My time is worth something you know and my money. Very disappointed.
on March 27, 2017
Every time I go to use the program there is an error message. I have to contact the IT people. They walk me through a lengthy process to get the program to work. Just to have to do it all over again next time . do not wast your time with this product, or this company.
on December 29, 2016
Not very user friendly. It doesn't tell you what the correct answer is when you get it wrong
on March 11, 2012
I saw all the commercials for Rosetta Stone on TV but I hesitated because I took four years of French in school and still couldn't converse with a Parisian. But I gave it a try and they are right - it is fun, easy and I can already speak and understand Spanish after the first level. Can't wait to finish the whole course.
on April 5, 2016
We absolutely love this program
on January 27, 2017
Great way to learn a language
on January 22, 2017
Awesome and on time thanks!
on January 21, 2013
I hope that this will be a help to my granddaughter in her Spanish class. Her teacher cannot speak English and has trouble getting her message across to her students. There is a foreign exchange student from Spain in the class who is only getting a "B" grade.

When the product arrived a piece of it was broken and we had to send it back and purchase another one. I do not know if the second one will match the first one's price as we received a discount. I am worried about that. This was a strange way to deal with a defective purchase. Usually you just send it back and they replace it free of charge instead of charging you for another one and sending it before they receive the original one back. I did not like that arrangement.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.