Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 60 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on March 11, 2012
We purchased this for our five year old. He has been getting private Spanish tutoring since he was 2 and it was time for a more intense program. He was never made to speak with his tutors since they all spoke English. The Rosetta Stone program requires you to speak and actually pronounce the words correctly. He enjoys the program so far but his attention span for it is about 20-30 minutes. It is note super entertaining for someone his age but he is getting the material he needs. So far (disc 1)the program goes through grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary, and spelling. This program costs us much less than his three years of private lessons and it covers writing, speaking, and reading. I would recommend this program for other parents as a tool to use at home. The only issue we have had so far is that it was not compatible with all of the settings with our antivirus program. We had to make some adjustments and then it worked fine.
33 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2017
The headset does not work. It is a old style Walkman headset with a non working microphone. Spent several hours trying to get it to work and finally called tech help. First thing out of their mouth was "go buy a USB headset, the one you have will never work, we are aware of it". So now I have to spend another $30 on this product that supposedly had everything I need. Sell me smomething that does not work and you already know it? My time is worth something you know and my money. Very disappointed.
on February 14, 2017
We've been using this program with four children for two years now. There has been one technical issue after the next, one error code after another, to the point where the Rosetta Stone program will not open, will not function, and will not communicate with the computer correctly. I have spent hours on the phone on many different occasions with tech support, and they have worked with me to temporarily resolve the issue each time (until today). But I am losing teaching hours each time this happens, and my children are losing school time. Today, when I called for "error code 2123: there was an error in the application", tech support said I would have to pay $19.95 for phone support and directed me instead to their online tech support. Wow. I had asked for a replacement of the Rosetta Stone software two years ago when this package was only a few weeks old and it became clear it was littered with problems. They refused to replace the product, stating that all the Rosetta Stone homeschool edition software packages had these same interface issues! Unbelievable that they know about this as a standing issue, and yet are still selling this product. They would not issue a full or partial refund either. This is simply unacceptable.

Beyond interface issues, there are actual language mistakes as well. For example, they teach "naranja" as the color "orange", when in fact that is the word for the citrus fruit, not the color. "Anaranjado" is the correct word for the color orange.

Buyer Beware.
review image
on March 27, 2017
Every time I go to use the program there is an error message. I have to contact the IT people. They walk me through a lengthy process to get the program to work. Just to have to do it all over again next time . do not wast your time with this product, or this company.
on December 29, 2016
Not very user friendly. It doesn't tell you what the correct answer is when you get it wrong
on January 16, 2015
The headset was broken when I received it. I could not hear what was being said so I could not answer the questions and could not use the program until I went to the store and purchased a new set.
on February 24, 2015
I ordered this product with the hope of continuing my son's learning of spanish after electing to homescool. I attempted to install it on our MAC and the the audio headset response component wouldn't work. I put the program on the shelf until we could purchase a pc to attempt to have it work on that system. I've made several attempts at installing it on a brand new dell and the program will not open with error reports and shut down of the program. We are unable to return the product now and am greatly disappointed in the software and the return policy.
on May 3, 2015
I ecperienced difficulty installing this program on my computer. The live chat feature on the Rosetta Stone website was very helpful and I was able to overcome my difficulty. The program is up and running. I am learning Spanish.
on December 16, 2016
Unable to load due to a database error.
on March 13, 2016
The only down side is that it has a lot of systems malfunctions that require you to call customer service and than you lose all data. We've only had it for 2-3 weeks and have had to uninstall and reinstall twice not to mention calling customer support