Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: CD-ROM|Change

Showing 1-10 of 97 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 181 reviews
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 26, 2013
this is one of the most expensive self learning tool I would say. to start things off, you only have 3 months to learn and use the program. Anything over 3 months, you gotta pay MORE MONEY to have an access or to finish/redo the program.

that is just a smart business on their side, but a business I do not want to deal with ever again
88 comments| 291 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2015
i'm pretty frustrated with the microphone. The headset/microphone provided with the package was a single plug, which didn't work with either my laptop or my desktop computers. (They both require dual plugs - one for the headset and one for the mic.) So, I went to Best Buy and purchased a headset/microphone unit with dual plugs and it works periodically. However, there are times when the software clearly doesn't recognize it. At the start of each session, you're supposed to calibrate the mic by counting to five. Frequently, the microphone 'set up' is unsuccessful even though, when I play back the recording, it's very clear.
on June 5, 2015
I bought this to learn some Spanish for no other reason than I want to lol. Rosetta Stone really does make it so easy. I kept thinking I'm not really learning anything thing then all of a sudden it clicked I knew a lot more than I thought and it also is very enjoyable. I am not super thrilled with the headset. I frequently have had aggravations from it not hearing and recognizing my voice. Over all I love this system and like so so many others will certainly recommend this system to others.
on May 2, 2015
Very bad software. Only operational on-line which I did not know when purchasing. I spend a couple hours working with on-line help (who was thorough and helpful, but to no avail.) I returned the package immediately for refund.
on May 10, 2013
This program is a huge disappointment!

I have several critiques of this program. My first thing is that yes, I understand this is an emersion program. But a little English that gives you instructions on what they are asking you to do in each exercise would go a long way.

Second, the pictures are not always helpful with depicting what they are asking. For example there is one section with six pictures. They are talking about flowers. I am assuming that they are trying to show you "you, they, them, we". I'm still not sure. I have done that exercise 5 times and I still don't know what the translation is.

Third, the microphone doesn't behave sometimes. They will ask for pronunciation and I have to repeat myself several times. I am saying it correctly and it doesn't accept it.

Fourth, I know that I have gotten to the point where I have memorized the pictures with the saying. That doesn't mean that I fully understand what is being said. For example, there is a section where you start talking about other countries. You learn the pronunciation of Russia and Egypt. Fine. But then there is a section where you have to say he is from Columbia, she is from Columbia, and we are from Rome. These are all things that are very helpful, but without having some English to help you understand what is happening and what you are learning grammatically. I don’t know when to use “tengo” or ”estoy”. Tengo hambre means I’m hungry, estoy aqui means I’m here. In both case’s you are saying “I’m”, but you would say estoy hambre, or tengo aqui.
Fifth, since it is an emersion program, how about teaching me some stuff that could be helpful? There will almost be no time that I can think of where I will say “the apple is on the laptop”.

Lastly, I score in the 90's for each unit. I feel pretty good about that. Then I get to the "milestone" and score in the 60's. There is something wrong with that.
on April 4, 2015
I couldn't figure out how to load this program, so finally after a few trys on several days, I just gave up and sent it back. The instructions were not clear enough for me, but I'm an older person, so maybe I'm just not up to speed. Sure wish it would have worked as I was looking forward to this program.
on January 19, 2017
Always heard this was a great program, and still may be - just not the one I got. Tried on my Windows 7 laptop, even called customer service to no avail, tried download and CDs. Tried on my desk top and would not take it. Finally ordered new HP Windows 10...took that one, but then the ear and microphone is defective, and today tried to chat with customer service..got a message, trying to find a service person "one moment" ended up being 10 minutes I dislike sending things back so tomorrow I will see about getting a new headset and mic.
on June 26, 2014
The program is great. I gave it four stars because since it was used the activation codes were used up. I had to jump through hoops to get it activated. Had the previous owner deactivated (uninstalled) properly it would not have been an issue. So learn from this. Address the issue of activation codes before purchase of used software.
As for the product, love it. I'm looking forward to 2-5. Also know that you can purchase 1-5 for $200+ from Rosetta Stone. Paying $100 for 1 is insane.
on April 1, 2015
May have to return '. I tried to put in the activation number, but it wouldn't let me type type in the number 0. Which is odd because I closed the program to make sure the button works and it does. And my microphone doesn't work at all. After making sure all of the settings are on, microphone still doesn't work!
on September 26, 2016
daughter-in law loves it

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.