Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Platform: PC/Mac Disc|Change

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on February 14, 2016
Read the fine print. If you don't active it within six months. it expires. I am unable to use it unless I pay more. I bought 5 levels of French and I am still on Level 1; I can't use it without paying more. I bought 5 levels of Spanish which I have never used, but I also cannot use for the same reason. So I am out several hundred dollars and I have used a fraction of the first level of one of the language sets! The language side of the product is very good; the technical problems and technical support side is very poor. I quit using the French because I could no longer log in. The message said I was already logged in, so I was not allowed to log in. I contacted their support, and they didn't weren't a help. Several months later I was able to log in. I had several technical problems.
Once when I contacted the support with a problem, they installed a fixpack for an operating system that I have never had on my computer!
on January 4, 2017
Great product and service.
on September 5, 2015
I don't know who Rosetta Stone is aimed at, but as an adult learner who is interested in learning Spanish prior to a trip to Spain, I really have no need to know what ball is in Spanish and I don't have any plans to go swimming so I could live without knowing the verb to swim. Well into Level 2 and I still have no idea how to ask for the check at a restaurant. Granted, Level 2 does include travel, but more could be included in Level 1. And I still don't know how to ask for the check.
The course is definitely not age appropriate for children and I doubt is is for teens either. They probably have courses for those groups.
The way the software works is this: You are given a screen with several pictures. There may or may not be any audio. First you have to analyze the pictures, then you are supposed to respond. It's not always clear what is going on in the pictures. Of course, you are allowed to return to the page if you miss one or more responses. Occasionally, you are expected to write an entire sentence. Any misspelling and the whole sentence is wrong. Very frustrating.
Another gripe is that (at least as far a I have been able to determine) there is no explanation for how or why a certain form of a word is used and when it is appropriate. It isn't always clear from the illustrations what the meaning of a word is. I would like to have the option of being able to see translations of words as well as conjugations of verbs. There are times when such information speeds learning.
They advertise that you can set up to four users on one license and that you are entitled to 90 days of free online services. What they fail to mention is that you only get the online services for one learner. Misleading from my point of view.
Having said all that, I will say that if you use the software, you will learn a foreign language. I just think that a few changes could really improve the product.
on March 2, 2011
I have been learning with the Rosetta Stone Level 1 (I purchased the 5 level set) for three weeks. I am already able to speak words and some sentences. I have been spending approximately one-half hour to one hour each day going through the lessons. I am very impressed with this product. The picture support and presentation style of the lessons are excellent. The games are engaging and allow for productive repeated practice. The most excellent feature is the opportunity to practice on-line with a native speaker, which forces you to use your newly acquired skills. I felt the attention received in the on-line portion of the lessons was more than a student would get in a typical high school or college level course, making the practice more effective for the time spent. I put off buying this product because of the expense, but now I feel it is worth every penny and more. I feel the level of support and amount of practice received learning a language in this program makes it more effective and a better value than taking a typical language course.
on January 22, 2014
I got this for my husband as a Christmas gift. I got this product fast. He's not computer savvy so this was particularly easy for him to use no to mention it brought cds for him to listen to in his car.
on November 24, 2013
Gradual skill building does not involve dissecting sentences, memorizing lists or conjugating verbs. It is visual and auditory. While a little pricey, if you really want to learn a language, it is worth it.
on March 27, 2014
They put a deadline to finish this and that does NOT work for me. I need a lot of time not just 3 months. So I returned the product because of that.
on December 26, 2016
I am so sorry I purchased this. Was a deal with Fire and I intended to put all my language lessons on the tablet rather than use up space on iPhone. Rosetta Stone downloads for Windows or Apple, not Fire. Their chat line is useless as they have not provided their employees with English lessons--what a disgrace for a company hawking language lessons. Employee simply goes down a written list, whether it has any relevance or not. Told can only download to PC to register. Tried loading app onto Fire, but only gives you demos and they want you to buy. Everything about their site is trying to sell rather than help with what you have already purchased.
on December 2, 2016
The product is good, the company has taken a terrible turn. I advise against purchasing their products.
on May 22, 2011
The lessons are clearly presented, easy to follow, and fun. I'm amazed at the speed I'm learning (doing one lesson per day). Definitely recommended.