BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Learn Spanish: Rosetta Stone Spanish (Spain) - Level 1-5 Set
Platform: PC/Mac Disc|Edition: Spanish (Spain)|Change

on May 9, 2014
Ok I put this at one star to get you to look at it. You should really take into consideration my argument because it may affect you in the future. The program actually works pretty well except for a few mistakes I have seen in their picture labeling.

The problem with this box set is that Rosetta Stone has changed over to a leasing company who makes you pay for subscriptions for their new services. The Apps for mobile devices make you pay a high rate to access them. I bought my Rosetta Stone from a book store and paid a high premium. At the time I did not have a mobile device or even think I ever would. Now I have two and practice with free mobile device apps more than I do with this desktop software.

You have to allocate special time to sit down at your desk and practice, which I do. But I find myself using the apps in bed or on the couch or in a public place while I am waiting for something. Having the software easy to access makes you use it a lot more.

I have used many of their competitions programs and many of the free app programs and to be honest they are set up the same way. All the beginner levels have the same words. They all use picture identification. Rosetta Stone really does not have a unique corner on the market anymore except for the yellow box and a name.

Dear Rosetta Stone,
Let all of your customers who spent hundreds of dollars on your product use the apps! I know you see us commenting on the app store and you get out emails!!!
11 comment| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2014
I got this for my husband as a Christmas gift. I got this product fast. He's not computer savvy so this was particularly easy for him to use no to mention it brought cds for him to listen to in his car.
on March 25, 2014
I have used the French program and love them both. An acceptable way to learn a language if you don't want to go immerse in country
on October 18, 2014
Fun program. 9 y/old is learning from it
on August 31, 2013
Very good manual. This product is everything I expected it to be. Thanks for offering it, for making it available.
on August 26, 2013
This is a great training tool. It can be challenging but lots of fun as well. The instructors are very helpful.
on March 4, 2015
Such a fun and easy program I don't dread learning with this program! Shipped quick!
on January 27, 2014
My son is relocating to an area where Spanish is spoken and this gift was to help him out. He loves it. the interactive i excellent.
on May 11, 2013
I saved for three years to purchase rosetta stone. When the price was right I bought it.Years ago I bought a Spanish program from encore,half the price and the Spanish version (Spain). It was simple and easy to understand and the teacher explained every thing in English.Also I bought Spanish for DUMMIES and its very easy compared to RS.I believeRS is very overpriced.I spent thirty years in the military, and I spent half of them overseas and I believe languages open a window to another world,but I believe RS is very difficult. Thank You.Sgt George r davis
on July 22, 2014
I was expecting a collection of CDs that I could use in my car while driving to/from work to help me learn the language, like the Pimsler (sp?) package of audio tapes that I had used many years earlier.

This package requires one to "install" things in one's computer first, so that the vendor can prevent unauthorized copies. This may be fine for the vendor but it is not what the end user wants, which is to play audio CD's in the car and practice words, sentences, grammar, intonation, etc.

If and when Rosetta Stone comes up with a bunch of audio CD's I can play in my car to learn the language lime the Pimsler system did a few years ago, then I will buy the package. But not until then.