Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Platform: PC/Mac Disc|Edition: Spanish (Spain)|Change

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on February 14, 2016
Read the fine print. If you don't active it within six months. it expires. I am unable to use it unless I pay more. I bought 5 levels of French and I am still on Level 1; I can't use it without paying more. I bought 5 levels of Spanish which I have never used, but I also cannot use for the same reason. So I am out several hundred dollars and I have used a fraction of the first level of one of the language sets! The language side of the product is very good; the technical problems and technical support side is very poor. I quit using the French because I could no longer log in. The message said I was already logged in, so I was not allowed to log in. I contacted their support, and they didn't weren't a help. Several months later I was able to log in. I had several technical problems.
Once when I contacted the support with a problem, they installed a fixpack for an operating system that I have never had on my computer!
on January 4, 2017
Great product and service.
on July 4, 2013
With its use of appealing images, multiple formats (speaking, listening, writing, reading, games), its avoidance of any use of English explanation, and its instant feedback on your performance, I reckon this Rosetta Stone course is the next best thing to being transported to Spain to learn through immersion. Especially enjoyable are the regularly scheduled on-line sessions with a native speaker which give you the opportunity to practice conversation in a more "free range" style. Rather than committing set lessons to memory, much of the information seems to percolate into your subconscious through repeated presentation in a range of contexts. Fun, effective, and totally on-call whenever you have the time to sit down for a session. My only disappointment has been that thus far whenever I try to play games with other students, no one has been available on-line. Serves me right for living in Australia--time zone incompatibility.
on May 31, 2016
Very pleased
on September 26, 2015
Fast delivery! Thank you....The Real-Deal
on January 22, 2014
I got this for my husband as a Christmas gift. I got this product fast. He's not computer savvy so this was particularly easy for him to use no to mention it brought cds for him to listen to in his car.
on March 27, 2014
They put a deadline to finish this and that does NOT work for me. I need a lot of time not just 3 months. So I returned the product because of that.
on November 24, 2013
Gradual skill building does not involve dissecting sentences, memorizing lists or conjugating verbs. It is visual and auditory. While a little pricey, if you really want to learn a language, it is worth it.
on March 2, 2011
I have been learning with the Rosetta Stone Level 1 (I purchased the 5 level set) for three weeks. I am already able to speak words and some sentences. I have been spending approximately one-half hour to one hour each day going through the lessons. I am very impressed with this product. The picture support and presentation style of the lessons are excellent. The games are engaging and allow for productive repeated practice. The most excellent feature is the opportunity to practice on-line with a native speaker, which forces you to use your newly acquired skills. I felt the attention received in the on-line portion of the lessons was more than a student would get in a typical high school or college level course, making the practice more effective for the time spent. I put off buying this product because of the expense, but now I feel it is worth every penny and more. I feel the level of support and amount of practice received learning a language in this program makes it more effective and a better value than taking a typical language course.
on September 5, 2015
I don't know who Rosetta Stone is aimed at, but as an adult learner who is interested in learning Spanish prior to a trip to Spain, I really have no need to know what ball is in Spanish and I don't have any plans to go swimming so I could live without knowing the verb to swim. Well into Level 2 and I still have no idea how to ask for the check at a restaurant. Granted, Level 2 does include travel, but more could be included in Level 1. And I still don't know how to ask for the check.
The course is definitely not age appropriate for children and I doubt is is for teens either. They probably have courses for those groups.
The way the software works is this: You are given a screen with several pictures. There may or may not be any audio. First you have to analyze the pictures, then you are supposed to respond. It's not always clear what is going on in the pictures. Of course, you are allowed to return to the page if you miss one or more responses. Occasionally, you are expected to write an entire sentence. Any misspelling and the whole sentence is wrong. Very frustrating.
Another gripe is that (at least as far a I have been able to determine) there is no explanation for how or why a certain form of a word is used and when it is appropriate. It isn't always clear from the illustrations what the meaning of a word is. I would like to have the option of being able to see translations of words as well as conjugations of verbs. There are times when such information speeds learning.
They advertise that you can set up to four users on one license and that you are entitled to 90 days of free online services. What they fail to mention is that you only get the online services for one learner. Misleading from my point of view.
Having said all that, I will say that if you use the software, you will learn a foreign language. I just think that a few changes could really improve the product.