Industrial Deals HPC Amazon First Reads Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 14, 2016
Read the fine print. If you don't active it within six months. it expires. I am unable to use it unless I pay more. I bought 5 levels of French and I am still on Level 1; I can't use it without paying more. I bought 5 levels of Spanish which I have never used, but I also cannot use for the same reason. So I am out several hundred dollars and I have used a fraction of the first level of one of the language sets! The language side of the product is very good; the technical problems and technical support side is very poor. I quit using the French because I could no longer log in. The message said I was already logged in, so I was not allowed to log in. I contacted their support, and they didn't weren't a help. Several months later I was able to log in. I had several technical problems.
Once when I contacted the support with a problem, they installed a fixpack for an operating system that I have never had on my computer!
11 comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 9, 2014
Ok I put this at one star to get you to look at it. You should really take into consideration my argument because it may affect you in the future. The program actually works pretty well except for a few mistakes I have seen in their picture labeling.

The problem with this box set is that Rosetta Stone has changed over to a leasing company who makes you pay for subscriptions for their new services. The Apps for mobile devices make you pay a high rate to access them. I bought my Rosetta Stone from a book store and paid a high premium. At the time I did not have a mobile device or even think I ever would. Now I have two and practice with free mobile device apps more than I do with this desktop software.

You have to allocate special time to sit down at your desk and practice, which I do. But I find myself using the apps in bed or on the couch or in a public place while I am waiting for something. Having the software easy to access makes you use it a lot more.

I have used many of their competitions programs and many of the free app programs and to be honest they are set up the same way. All the beginner levels have the same words. They all use picture identification. Rosetta Stone really does not have a unique corner on the market anymore except for the yellow box and a name.

Dear Rosetta Stone,
Let all of your customers who spent hundreds of dollars on your product use the apps! I know you see us commenting on the app store and you get out emails!!!
11 comment| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 31, 2017
I haven't yet used it. The item didn't come with the activation card in the box. I haven't yet been able to try and use the product because the headset came broken into three pieces. I have tried to use my headsets I have at home but apparently none of them are compatible. I can't wait to start the program. I just wish these item came as stated and with a headset that wasn't broken. I didn't open it until recently as I was waiting for my computer to arrive. I will write another review after I find a compatible headset with mic and begin using the product.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 4, 2013
With its use of appealing images, multiple formats (speaking, listening, writing, reading, games), its avoidance of any use of English explanation, and its instant feedback on your performance, I reckon this Rosetta Stone course is the next best thing to being transported to Spain to learn through immersion. Especially enjoyable are the regularly scheduled on-line sessions with a native speaker which give you the opportunity to practice conversation in a more "free range" style. Rather than committing set lessons to memory, much of the information seems to percolate into your subconscious through repeated presentation in a range of contexts. Fun, effective, and totally on-call whenever you have the time to sit down for a session. My only disappointment has been that thus far whenever I try to play games with other students, no one has been available on-line. Serves me right for living in Australia--time zone incompatibility.
on December 26, 2016
I am so sorry I purchased this. Was a deal with Fire and I intended to put all my language lessons on the tablet rather than use up space on iPhone. Rosetta Stone downloads for Windows or Apple, not Fire. Their chat line is useless as they have not provided their employees with English lessons--what a disgrace for a company hawking language lessons. Employee simply goes down a written list, whether it has any relevance or not. Told can only download to PC to register. Tried loading app onto Fire, but only gives you demos and they want you to buy. Everything about their site is trying to sell rather than help with what you have already purchased.
on March 2, 2011
I have been learning with the Rosetta Stone Level 1 (I purchased the 5 level set) for three weeks. I am already able to speak words and some sentences. I have been spending approximately one-half hour to one hour each day going through the lessons. I am very impressed with this product. The picture support and presentation style of the lessons are excellent. The games are engaging and allow for productive repeated practice. The most excellent feature is the opportunity to practice on-line with a native speaker, which forces you to use your newly acquired skills. I felt the attention received in the on-line portion of the lessons was more than a student would get in a typical high school or college level course, making the practice more effective for the time spent. I put off buying this product because of the expense, but now I feel it is worth every penny and more. I feel the level of support and amount of practice received learning a language in this program makes it more effective and a better value than taking a typical language course.
0Comment| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 2, 2016
The product is good, the company has taken a terrible turn. I advise against purchasing their products.
on March 27, 2014
They put a deadline to finish this and that does NOT work for me. I need a lot of time not just 3 months. So I returned the product because of that.
on March 25, 2014
I have used the French program and love them both. An acceptable way to learn a language if you don't want to go immerse in country
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 5, 2015
I don't know who Rosetta Stone is aimed at, but as an adult learner who is interested in learning Spanish prior to a trip to Spain, I really have no need to know what ball is in Spanish and I don't have any plans to go swimming so I could live without knowing the verb to swim. Well into Level 2 and I still have no idea how to ask for the check at a restaurant. Granted, Level 2 does include travel, but more could be included in Level 1. And I still don't know how to ask for the check.
The course is definitely not age appropriate for children and I doubt is is for teens either. They probably have courses for those groups.
The way the software works is this: You are given a screen with several pictures. There may or may not be any audio. First you have to analyze the pictures, then you are supposed to respond. It's not always clear what is going on in the pictures. Of course, you are allowed to return to the page if you miss one or more responses. Occasionally, you are expected to write an entire sentence. Any misspelling and the whole sentence is wrong. Very frustrating.
Another gripe is that (at least as far a I have been able to determine) there is no explanation for how or why a certain form of a word is used and when it is appropriate. It isn't always clear from the illustrations what the meaning of a word is. I would like to have the option of being able to see translations of words as well as conjugations of verbs. There are times when such information speeds learning.
They advertise that you can set up to four users on one license and that you are entitled to 90 days of free online services. What they fail to mention is that you only get the online services for one learner. Misleading from my point of view.
Having said all that, I will say that if you use the software, you will learn a foreign language. I just think that a few changes could really improve the product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.