Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Platform: PC/Mac Disc|Edition: Spanish (Spain)|Change

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 69 reviews
on July 15, 2017
Great product
on July 4, 2013
With its use of appealing images, multiple formats (speaking, listening, writing, reading, games), its avoidance of any use of English explanation, and its instant feedback on your performance, I reckon this Rosetta Stone course is the next best thing to being transported to Spain to learn through immersion. Especially enjoyable are the regularly scheduled on-line sessions with a native speaker which give you the opportunity to practice conversation in a more "free range" style. Rather than committing set lessons to memory, much of the information seems to percolate into your subconscious through repeated presentation in a range of contexts. Fun, effective, and totally on-call whenever you have the time to sit down for a session. My only disappointment has been that thus far whenever I try to play games with other students, no one has been available on-line. Serves me right for living in Australia--time zone incompatibility.
on September 5, 2015
I don't know who Rosetta Stone is aimed at, but as an adult learner who is interested in learning Spanish prior to a trip to Spain, I really have no need to know what ball is in Spanish and I don't have any plans to go swimming so I could live without knowing the verb to swim. Well into Level 2 and I still have no idea how to ask for the check at a restaurant. Granted, Level 2 does include travel, but more could be included in Level 1. And I still don't know how to ask for the check.
The course is definitely not age appropriate for children and I doubt is is for teens either. They probably have courses for those groups.
The way the software works is this: You are given a screen with several pictures. There may or may not be any audio. First you have to analyze the pictures, then you are supposed to respond. It's not always clear what is going on in the pictures. Of course, you are allowed to return to the page if you miss one or more responses. Occasionally, you are expected to write an entire sentence. Any misspelling and the whole sentence is wrong. Very frustrating.
Another gripe is that (at least as far a I have been able to determine) there is no explanation for how or why a certain form of a word is used and when it is appropriate. It isn't always clear from the illustrations what the meaning of a word is. I would like to have the option of being able to see translations of words as well as conjugations of verbs. There are times when such information speeds learning.
They advertise that you can set up to four users on one license and that you are entitled to 90 days of free online services. What they fail to mention is that you only get the online services for one learner. Misleading from my point of view.
Having said all that, I will say that if you use the software, you will learn a foreign language. I just think that a few changes could really improve the product.
on November 24, 2013
Gradual skill building does not involve dissecting sentences, memorizing lists or conjugating verbs. It is visual and auditory. While a little pricey, if you really want to learn a language, it is worth it.
on March 2, 2011
I have been learning with the Rosetta Stone Level 1 (I purchased the 5 level set) for three weeks. I am already able to speak words and some sentences. I have been spending approximately one-half hour to one hour each day going through the lessons. I am very impressed with this product. The picture support and presentation style of the lessons are excellent. The games are engaging and allow for productive repeated practice. The most excellent feature is the opportunity to practice on-line with a native speaker, which forces you to use your newly acquired skills. I felt the attention received in the on-line portion of the lessons was more than a student would get in a typical high school or college level course, making the practice more effective for the time spent. I put off buying this product because of the expense, but now I feel it is worth every penny and more. I feel the level of support and amount of practice received learning a language in this program makes it more effective and a better value than taking a typical language course.
on December 15, 2013
The Rosetta Stone is well known to be one of the most desirable methods of learning a foreign language. It is just like having a native speaker in your home so that you can learn to speak well. We purchased the whole series when Amazon offered it a few months ago. Take advantage of their sales when they offer them.
on January 4, 2017
Great product and service.
on December 2, 2016
The product is good, the company has taken a terrible turn. I advise against purchasing their products.
on December 26, 2016
I am so sorry I purchased this. Was a deal with Fire and I intended to put all my language lessons on the tablet rather than use up space on iPhone. Rosetta Stone downloads for Windows or Apple, not Fire. Their chat line is useless as they have not provided their employees with English lessons--what a disgrace for a company hawking language lessons. Employee simply goes down a written list, whether it has any relevance or not. Told can only download to PC to register. Tried loading app onto Fire, but only gives you demos and they want you to buy. Everything about their site is trying to sell rather than help with what you have already purchased.
on September 8, 2013
This product has made it easy and quick to learn Spanish so far. It seems to have me learning the language like any kid would learn their first language, from scratch. No English translations, but you don't need them because it makes it obvious what object they are referring to!