Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 14, 2016
Read the fine print. If you don't active it within six months. it expires. I am unable to use it unless I pay more. I bought 5 levels of French and I am still on Level 1; I can't use it without paying more. I bought 5 levels of Spanish which I have never used, but I also cannot use for the same reason. So I am out several hundred dollars and I have used a fraction of the first level of one of the language sets! The language side of the product is very good; the technical problems and technical support side is very poor. I quit using the French because I could no longer log in. The message said I was already logged in, so I was not allowed to log in. I contacted their support, and they didn't weren't a help. Several months later I was able to log in. I had several technical problems.
Once when I contacted the support with a problem, they installed a fixpack for an operating system that I have never had on my computer!
11 comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 9, 2014
Ok I put this at one star to get you to look at it. You should really take into consideration my argument because it may affect you in the future. The program actually works pretty well except for a few mistakes I have seen in their picture labeling.

The problem with this box set is that Rosetta Stone has changed over to a leasing company who makes you pay for subscriptions for their new services. The Apps for mobile devices make you pay a high rate to access them. I bought my Rosetta Stone from a book store and paid a high premium. At the time I did not have a mobile device or even think I ever would. Now I have two and practice with free mobile device apps more than I do with this desktop software.

You have to allocate special time to sit down at your desk and practice, which I do. But I find myself using the apps in bed or on the couch or in a public place while I am waiting for something. Having the software easy to access makes you use it a lot more.

I have used many of their competitions programs and many of the free app programs and to be honest they are set up the same way. All the beginner levels have the same words. They all use picture identification. Rosetta Stone really does not have a unique corner on the market anymore except for the yellow box and a name.

Dear Rosetta Stone,
Let all of your customers who spent hundreds of dollars on your product use the apps! I know you see us commenting on the app store and you get out emails!!!
11 comment| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 31, 2017
I haven't yet used it. The item didn't come with the activation card in the box. I haven't yet been able to try and use the product because the headset came broken into three pieces. I have tried to use my headsets I have at home but apparently none of them are compatible. I can't wait to start the program. I just wish these item came as stated and with a headset that wasn't broken. I didn't open it until recently as I was waiting for my computer to arrive. I will write another review after I find a compatible headset with mic and begin using the product.
on July 4, 2013
With its use of appealing images, multiple formats (speaking, listening, writing, reading, games), its avoidance of any use of English explanation, and its instant feedback on your performance, I reckon this Rosetta Stone course is the next best thing to being transported to Spain to learn through immersion. Especially enjoyable are the regularly scheduled on-line sessions with a native speaker which give you the opportunity to practice conversation in a more "free range" style. Rather than committing set lessons to memory, much of the information seems to percolate into your subconscious through repeated presentation in a range of contexts. Fun, effective, and totally on-call whenever you have the time to sit down for a session. My only disappointment has been that thus far whenever I try to play games with other students, no one has been available on-line. Serves me right for living in Australia--time zone incompatibility.
on December 2, 2016
The product is good, the company has taken a terrible turn. I advise against purchasing their products.
on March 25, 2014
I have used the French program and love them both. An acceptable way to learn a language if you don't want to go immerse in country
on August 31, 2013
Very good manual. This product is everything I expected it to be. Thanks for offering it, for making it available.
on October 18, 2014
Fun program. 9 y/old is learning from it
on August 26, 2013
This is a great training tool. It can be challenging but lots of fun as well. The instructors are very helpful.
on January 22, 2014
I got this for my husband as a Christmas gift. I got this product fast. He's not computer savvy so this was particularly easy for him to use no to mention it brought cds for him to listen to in his car.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.