|Wireless Type||802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11n|
Rosewill IEEE 802.11b/g, IEEE 802.11n Draft 2.0 PCI Wireless Network Adapter Card (2T3R) Up to 300Mbps
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Chipset: RT2860T
- MIMO technology for Ralink 2 Transmit antenna 3 Receive antenna solution
- Multiple BSSID and WMM, WMM-PS support
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
and the ALWAYS consistent one, atrocious range. I mean, I couldn't get reception from 10 feet across the room! This has been with every other PCI adapter I have owned. If I wasn't RIGHT next to the router, I wouldn't get reception.
This card solves ALL of the above problems. It has amazing range, EXTREMELY fast, easy install, working drivers (even better available online to download, but they at least give you WORKING ones to start out with). And of course compatible. It is not only Windows 7 64 bit compatible but Windows 8 64 bit compatible. And the price is amazing especially relative to its performance. If you are frustrated with trying to find the right PCI card, then I'd try this one because this one is the answer to all the problems I've had before.
It allows me to connect my desktop at wireless N speeds, and has surprisingly excellent range.
No complaints so far, as I've been using this for a few months, now. Windows 7 recognized it the moment I booted my desktop up, so if you're worried about that, relax!
So let's begin.
1. Unfortunately, none. Not one part of owning this card was a positive experience aside from having the 3 antennas poking out of the back of my case looked really cool.
1. The card didn't fit properly into my case. It fit into the slot on the motherboard just fine, but the metal piece that attaches it to the back of the case did not. I had to bend the metal piece (where it folds) until it was straight, then tape it with electrical tape. I have a cooler master haf 912 (mid tower case). It should've been able to fit in one of those.
2. The speeds this card garnered were subpar. On an 18bit down/ 4bit up connection my ISP claims I have, I was getting, at best, 6-7mbit. I'm on the 2nd floor and the router is on the first floor. I wasn't expecting miracles here, but 1/3 the speed on a good test? That sucks.
3. After 18 hours of sketchy performance, the card just up and died. I had all the drivers installed and I tried all the usual troubleshooting methods (including trying to install it into a different slot on the mobo). Booted up to no internet connection over and over. Troubling.
I ended up replacing this with a 12 year old wireless network adapter I ripped out of an old gateway. That thing gets 11mbit down and 3mbit on my connection. The idea that a 12 year old network card (doesn't even have Wireless N capabilities) gets better range and performance than a card I bought a week ago befuddles me. I'm not a network person though, so I couldn't explain why that's the case.Read more ›
1. My other was an nvidia card, supposed to be excellent, but had multiple drop-me issues. Tossed.
2. Installation of this was pretty easy.
3. Software took a bit to get rolling. Once I persuaded it (took several tries), it seems to lock on signal well.
4. I am not far from my router, but I have a metal and glass desk. This seems to mess with Rosewill pretty hard, and continued to until I maneuvered the computer tower away and angled the antennae some. Solid now.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very Slow, runs at half the speed of my USB 300mbps dongle. Would not recommend.Published 9 days ago by Mark G
Love this card
Been using for last several years with no problems.
Buying another for another build. Will be my 3rd time buying this product.
Best card for the money. No problems at all, initialization on start up.Published 16 months ago by jon
Works perfectly with no issues of any kind. Drivers are easy to get too.Published 18 months ago by David
I installed this in my computer running Win 7 64bit and it was immediately recognized. I then updated the driver with windows update. I couldn't be happier. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Timewarpone
I have a 3 story house and my router is in the basement. I was using a USB Adapter and would drop packets even through I had 4/5 bars. Read morePublished on May 2, 2014 by TWISM
Was purchased as an open box item. Product was in perfect condition, all accessories and documentation were included. Read morePublished on March 29, 2014 by LoganG