|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Rosewill Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case CHALLENGER-U3 Black
|Price:||$59.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Type: ATX Mid Tower
- Motherboard Compatibility: Micro ATX / ATX
- Internal 3.5" Drive Bays: 5
- Expansion Slots: 7
- 2 x USB 3.0(internal header only), 1 x e-SATA, Audio In/Out(AC97, HD)
- 1 x 120mm Front Blue LED Fan, 1 x 120mm Rear Fan, 1 x 140mm Top Fan
- Screw-less design for 5.25" Devices & 3.5" HDDs
- 2.5" SSD/HDD adapter allows to install 2x 2.5" SSD/HDD into a 3.5" HDD slot
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Rosewill Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case CHALLENGER-U3 Black
Rosewill Gaming ATX Mid Tower Case, Black R5 B007VER010
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Rosewill Inc.|
|Dimensions||17.08 inches x 18.5 inches x 7.48 inches||16.06 inches x 17.52 inches x 8.26 inches||19.89 inches x 18.86 inches x 8.35 inches||19.5 inches x 21.5 inches x 8.1 inches|
|Item Weight||12.76 pounds||11.24 pounds||21.38 pounds||Information not provided|
|Material||SECC Steel||SECC Steel||SECC Steel||SGCC Steel|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Rosewill CHALLENGER-U3 Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
The screw-less design for 5.25 inch devices & 3.5 HDDs allows quick and hassle-free hard drive installation. A 3.5 inch HDD to dual 2.5 inch SSD adapter is included for compatibility with SSDs.
Peerless Cooling Performance
The Rosewill CHALLENGER-U3 Gaming Mid Tower include one front 120mm blue LED fan, one rear 120mm fan, and one 140mm top fan and supports two optional side fans to optimize internal airflow for peerless cooling performance.
Convenient Top I/O Panel
The convenient Top I/O panel enables easy access to dual USB 3.0 ports (internal header), one e-SATA port, and audio and mic ports.
- ATX Mid Tower
- Motherboard Compatibility: Micro ATX/ATX
- Mesh design front panel with dust filters
- Advanced Bottom-Mounted PSU Design
- PSU shock-proof pad
- 1 x 120mm Front Blue LED Fan
- 1 x 120mm Rear Fan
- 1 x 140mm Top Fan
Top Customer Reviews
so you know what we are dealing with here as far as dimensions go.
- Not too heavy a case (~11 lbs), looks good and is sturdy (yes, I tested that)
- Spacious case - the GTX480 doesn't touch the HDD bays (plenty of room to work inside)
- Comes bundled with big fans 120/140mm (bigger fans = less noise)
- Spacious room for harddrives including dedicated space for your 2.5" SSDs
- Decent cable management system
- Dust trays are a plus for those with pets (including the filter for the power supply)
- Screwless mounts for HDDs
- Almost cut my finger removing the annoying 5.25" bay covers (very bad design Rosewill)
- Plastic screws for the side-panels feel a bit fragile but this is a nitpick
- Side-panels don't slide off easily. Strangely though, it's not hard to put them back on.
In conclusion, with the price I paid ($50), this case is a no-brainer. I noticed a day after
I purchased this case that a newer version came out with frontal USB 3.0 ports. Alas that case
wasn't available for Prime shipping at the time of the purchase. I've almost always used
Antec cases because I'd rather spend money on the components inside but after the last Antec (300),
I am pleased with this case.
On another note, if you buy this case, be aware that the PSU is mounted at the bottom of the case and as such you need to make sure that the PSU you buy has long enough cables to reach the required plugs on your motherboard. Also, this case is a bit higher than your traditional ATX case due to the rubber stands at the bottom of the case which ensure that the PSU dust filter has enough room for ventilation; so it might not necessarily fit where a traditional ATX tower would.
I was overwhelmed with the number of mid-tower cases on the market. I did mid-tower research online for a full 12 hours before running across this one. After rejecting so many others I was very pleased to find this one that had all of the features I had on my wish/need list.
As I keep my desktop computer case inside of a nice oak cabinet piece of furniture with doors I have size restrictions for the tower. I have a maximum depth of about 19". Many cases with the features I wanted were over 19.5". When I saw this one listed as Product Dimensions: 18.5 x 7.5 x 17.1 inches I was so pleased. Not only did I find a case I wanted but my hours and hours of searching finally came to an end. But the size listed here and on other web sites is unfortunately wrong.
Indeed the case is 17.1" tall, and 7.5" wide. But instead of 18.5" deep it is more like 19.125" deep. For most people that isn't an issue but it is for me. I can't close the doors of my cabinet without the danger of breaking an SD card which I have plugged in almost all of the time. I purchased a 90 degree AC power cord so I can push the case 1/2" more into my cabinet which will solve the problem. Had the depth dimension been off a full inch or more I would have had to enlarge the cable routing cutout in the back of my cabinet. But in the end the problem is solved.
What's good about this cabinet for me?
- A power switch that is front mounted. My old mini-tower had a top mounted power switch and on numerous occasions I would shut the computer down just reaching up to rest my arm or to reach for something on top of the case.
- Three 5.25" front slots.Read more ›
PS: I ordered it on 9/19/11, and it was delivered by noon on 9/20/11! That's AWESOME!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's a great case for the money, however I realized after installing my components that the front audio jacks were wired incorrectly. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Spencer
This is our go-to case when building computers for clients. They are sturdy and easy to work with.
Rosewill is definitely making a name for themselves when it comes to... Read more
This case is awesome. This was my first time building a PC from the ground up and this case was very easy to take apart and install parts inside. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Jordan A. Thomas
Great case for the money. I like the bottom mount psu design and the mesh screens on it. my one complaint is that the "screwless" drive ports do not work really well. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Kevin Compter