BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 30, 2011
Was new to shemaghs.
I wanted to get the same one our troops use in the Middle East, but seems like they use whatever they can get. I would have liked to get one that was made in the Middle East, but my search for such a one came up empty.

So I looked around here in the U.S.
There only seems to be so many brands...was hard to tell which one to buy.
So, I found this one on amazon by Rothco. Reviews seemed good.
Bought it.

Wonderful item!
Very well made (mine says made in india) with the contrasting color woven into the fabric, not just printed on it - making it a piece of art (in some ways...).

After machine washing on gentle cycle, and then drying on very low heat setting in my dryer, it measures 42" by 42". Being cotton, it is nice and soft.

Having never had a shemagh before, this one seems thin to me (not necessarily in a bad way), even though it is listed as the heavyweight version. Given that, I personally would not be interested in the light weight version that rothco makes unless I was somewhere very, very hot.

Overall, a very useful item and a great buy if you pay around 10 or less for it.
Will buy this brand and model # again.

Make sure it is the Rotcho model # 8537 - as I found multiple shemaghs online mislabeled as the 8537, or using pictures of the 8537, but actually being from another manufacturer.

On the down side, I ordered foliage but received olive drab with a tag on it that said olive drab, but in a bag that had a foliage bar code label on it. So, someone looked at the bar code, saw foliage, and away it went on its way to to me. I contacted amazon and they immediately made good by kicking back a small refund, so I kept the olive drab. The olive drab is very nice if you want that color.

update: I was able to find this in foliage. Just wanted to say that the foliage is beautifully done and the colors are nice. Having now bought 2 of these, I can say that the quality is high and buying the Rothco 8537 is an easy decision to make.

update: I bought this in blue as a gift for a woman I know. Just wanted to say that the blue is beautifully done and the colors are nice. Having now bought 3 of these, I can say that the quality is high and buying the Rothco 8537 is an easy decision to make.
on August 7, 2012
I live in southern Florida and most of my hiking is in sand and brush. The brush restricts any breezes and the sand reflects the sunlight right back at you. It can be like hiking in a bright oven.

These things keep the sun off your head, face and neck which helps keep you cool. (Not to mention cuts down on the sunburns.) Douse them with water and they keep you even cooler if you can catch a breeze. They also block things like Mosquitos and Biting Flies.

I also wear one of these wrapped around my neck when I ride the Motorcycle. It protects my neck from the wind, bugs and sun. In the winter this will help keep me warmer when riding.

All in all a great item and one I would recomend.

One hint though. When they come check them over for loose strings. Cut them off and you're good to go. (You'll find these on any loose weave cotton fabric. Oh and cut them off not pull them off.)
on February 26, 2014
Ordered 2 of these shemaghs. When arrived in mail, they had a horrible chemical odor to them, so I washed them before using. One came out of wash with only 1 small hole in it, the other came out with maybe a dozen holes in it, from dime sized to about 4 inches around. The material is very thin and gauzy, not likely to survive more than a couple of more washings. Quite disappointed with the low quality and wondering where to get a shemagh that is lightweight but still more substantial.
on January 26, 2014
I read a lot of reviews for other shemaghs, and this one came out on top. This is the first one I've owned, so I'm not sure what to compare it to, but it seems to be of fairly good quality. Not too thick, not too thin. Doesn't smell like a bunch of chemicals or anything that some other shemagh's had issues with :) If you're stuck trying to decide between this one and another, go for this one...! Even if it's a few $'s more - totally worth it.
on February 12, 2012
I bought this as a scarf to keep the stuff off the back of my neck. Last weekend we went hiking.. I had tied this off to my day pack and within a few hundred feet I put it on. It was windy (~40mph) and raining slightly at 37 deg. It kept the cold off my face and let me continue my hike. I am very happy with this shemagh.. I think it definitely has more practical uses than going out and pretending like you're GI Joe.
on February 7, 2014
I own 5 of these. 2 from this seller. The other one i got turns shirts purple. This shemagh is high quality and thick, thicker than most of them. Best sell i found so far, i will buy more for sand rail and off road desert use. I will buy more.
on October 29, 2013
100% Cotton, two sides have tassels. Keeps me warm around my neck and just looks so good. I searched the web and found a ton of different ways to tie my Shemagh. I'm very happy and will definitely buy again.
on July 12, 2012
I actually thought the material would be a little thicker, but it will certainly be thick enough for some warmth, while light enough to wear in the heat to keep the sun and weather at bay. Definitely big enough as described, I do a lot of outside work in Georgia so the heat is always a mean little fella. For $10, this is a solid buy.
on September 4, 2013
i have had this product for a little over a year and have used it a fair amount during that time and so far i have no complaints. it does everything i need it to do and hasn't fallen apart on me yet and i can't think of much else that i could ask for in a shemagh. it is very versatile and comfortable and overall is a very good product.
on April 7, 2013
This is my one and only shemagh so I have nothing to compare it to. But appears to be good quality and correctly sized for tying.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.