Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 525 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 588 reviews
on September 28, 2009
This is a very cheaply made knock-off of a real navy watch cap. There is no way this thin hat is made of 100% wool. I'd say it is 100% acrylic. This is the worst rip-off I have received from an amazon.com company.
0Comment| 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2017
This review is not directed towards the supplier as all descriptions were clear and well defined. Price was fair as well the freight. Only problem is, I thought the quality would be the same as when I was in the Navy, silly me. The cap I was issued in 1961 lasted me 25 years. It was heavy and did not ride ride up leaving your ears exposed. It may be 100% wool, but it behaves like 100% synthetics
on March 8, 2017
Warm, comfortable and has protected my head from an occasional bump. A good deal. It actually saves me money in NorCal. When arise in the morning, I put this on rather than turning on the heat to warm up the house. It works and has more than paid for itself. Warmth, on cool mornings and on cold walks. California living and Minnesota tested. This hat works in both environments.
on April 8, 2017
Cheaply made. They fit okay, but the weave is open and allows cold air in, not really the quality of milspec I am used to. Very expensive for the quality of workmanship. Typically, military watch caps are tightly woven and much warmer due to the harsh environments these would encounter.
on March 31, 2017
I got this because of a friend of mine; I wore it and liked it. So, I decided to get one for myself. Same brand and everything, but I got some defected looking one that looks ridiculous when I wear it. I tried wearing it anyways to stretch it out but it's no help since the way it's knit at the very top looks like a separate circle thing and makes it bundle up and look like a baby bottle. Pretty disappointing.
on March 23, 2017
materials: wool is really soft, not too itchy
construction: sturdy
warmth: keeps your head really warm, especially if folded properly
weight + compression: I would not suggest folding it or washing it, the shape gets messed up

overall: really reliable cap, worthwhile investment
on November 19, 2009
I buy a few of these each year in the fall. They are great when you are out in the cold and they can take a lot of abuse. If you are at home with a cold, put one of these on and you will feel better. They will shrink if you wash them, which is why I buy a few of them at a time. These do not have any kind of inner lining, they are just basic sturdy wool caps.
on January 28, 2017
Good value. Label states 100% wool with the good ol' NSN of 8405-01-005-1074. It fits clean on top without the usual poof of excess material on top that most knit hats have, which may or may not be your preference.
on March 12, 2011
Unless the Navy has changsd their standards for the wool watch cap, I am
afraid the cap I purchased was not the real thing!
Conservative look and keeps me warm.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.