Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Messenger/Map Bag with Large Front Pocket, 1 side pocket on each side; 3 Outside Pockets, Adjustable Shoulder Strap, 15" x 11" X 6"
- Package Dimensions: 13.5 x 7.3 x 4.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.9 pounds
- ASIN: B000KA98JE
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 2, 2003
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One of the great things about this bag is its' simple design. Inside, there's a small zipper pouch that I put ID in along with a few trinkets like business cards, punch cards for coffee shops, etc.. The main compartment is roomy enough to hold several books and notepads or a laptop and related items. The two front pouches are nice enough to hold a pencil case, puzzle books for when I'm on the plane, my Sony Reader eBook, and other 5 x 7 type items. The snap pouches on the side are big enough to hold electronics like an MP3 player, cell phone, mints, etc...And the top strap is adjustable, comfortable, and durable. After three years, I'm still getting great use out of this bag. It's well worth the price.
My only complaint is that the metal parts were painted with something to make them look like worn copper, and now all of that paint has worn off and there's shiny metal underneath. So that looks a little dumb, would almost rather have had them use new metal and let me wear it out myself. But that is incredibly minor and didn't even occur until like four years of abuse later. So I would definitely recommend this for a messenger bag.
1) This bag is very floppy with no support. So when you lay it down on the counter or floor the entire thing sinks in and doesn't stand up whatsoever. My main complaint with this is if you have any papers or anything you don't want bent stored inside you're out of luck. I will probably end up rigging it somehow with cardboard or something to make it more useable.
With this being said, the straps on the front are heavier than anything on the bag so when you attach the velcro and line it up perfectly, the door of the bag hangs over the side and it just looks downright sloppy.
2) Zipper quality is poor. The very back, most convenient zipper on this bag broke 2 weeks after I had it. It will not zip up anymore so usually leave the zipper in the middle position as to keep as many thing in the pocket as possible.
I love the color and look of the bag but it's overall functionality of the bag is lacking. I would do yourself a favor and shop for work bags in person so you can have the chance to test drive it first.
Next, as everyone mentioned, the buckles are fake and the velcro is placed very poorly and makes you wish the buckles were real.
Last, but not least, my first impression after getting the bag. I lifted it and thought the bag was full! IT'S SO HEAVY! Too heavy! But not at all heavy-duty.
Keep in mind, with everything I said, my iPad (1.5 lb) was the main thing tossed in there. I don't think the full contents of the bag ever reached over 2.5 lb, yet the bag is already falling apart. Trust me on this, don't buy this bag. It's pretty bad!