Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 599 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 644 reviews
on February 8, 2015
If any one plans to use it for paintball DONT BUY THIS fogs up real fast, i dont recomend this item stick with a mask. (Does look cool with a ghillie suit though) :P
review image
on November 10, 2014
I've used these on my motorcycle all summer long and they've been great. The padding did not block the vents on the ones that I received, so I had no fogging issues. They've held up nice - which is surprising, because at their cost, I was sure I'd be replacing them after a short period of time.

One note: they are pretty dark, which is fantastic on sunny days, but take some backup clear goggles if you are going to be out past sundown. They make night riding a little difficult.
on May 1, 2011
After a slight modification these goggles work awesome. I even wore them in hot weather on a long bike ride and they did not fog up. But I did take a razor blade and cut away the foam padding that covers the air vents on these. Once that was done no more fogging. I'm happy with them. Plus I like to pretend I'm Riddick now.
44 comments| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2011
Goggles look great! You do have to cut out the air slots to keep them from fogging up. I just used a razor to cut out a little area in the padding and all was well! Not a bad price either.
on April 18, 2017
I would have given these a one star higher rating if I didn't have to cut the foam for the vents myself. Aside from that, these are somewhat uncomfortable. It the head band is tight enough to seal the goggles to your face they are too tight. And even with the air holes, these still fog up.
on November 28, 2013
As other reviewers have said before: These goggles do need a bit of modification to function well. They do fog up something horrible, especially if you are wearing a balaclava covering the bridge of your nose. You have one of two options to remedy this issue:

1. Buy FogTech/Cat Crap/etc. to rub on the lenses.
or
2. Take an razor blade (X-Acto Knife works best), and cut out the foam covering the vents. I'm not going to go into detail exactly how to do this...it's common sense.

I went with option 2, seeing how it is free, and now these goggles work great! I wear a fleece balaclava and am constantly breathing hot air up into my goggles. They fog over for roughly half a second (and that's when I'm standing still, moving air should clear them up within a negligible time frame).

All in all, I went with a 4/5 because in order to get a 5, Rothco should have engineered these right from the get go. No harm no foul though, can't complain with the price.
on September 19, 2015
I really enjoy these goggles. The color and weight is perfect.

Pros: Fit as soon as I put them on. Even my mother looks good with these things on. Has vents for breathing. Sturdy and flexible. Definitely keeps the sun from destroying my eyes as soon as I open the door from a really dark apartment. Easy to clean. Fully adjustable but didn't need to do any adjusting.

Cons: They fog up quick if you don't have the vents unblocked. They fog up when I'm walking, they fog up when I rest them on my forehead after entering a building, and I bet they fog up while they're on the table in my room and no one is touching them.

Other thoughts: That being said, the problem can be solved by looking online for a $9.99 rotary tool or a fairly sharp knife. The vents are in between the plastic and the padding and they are tiny, but you can modify these to make them bigger, and after that, no fog. I've gotten a lot of compliments on these, and I have seen a lot of people staring at me from their cars as I pass by them. Kind of a compliment.
on April 16, 2013
These are pretty good goggles. Most of the 1 and 2 star reviews focus on 2 things; they fog up and they're not comfortable.

Well, fit and comfort are subjective and depend on the shape of your head and face. That being said, they seem to be made for someone with a narrow face shape. If you have a big ol' round, fat head (be honest with yourself here) they're probably going to be extremely uncomfortable. I find them quite wearable, though, and don't suffer from any comfort issues. I've worn them for an hour or so straight with no problems.

The fogging issue is a different story. These DO fog. The lenses have no inherent anti-fog capacity; if they do, its wholly inadequate. Compounding this, the foam liner which cushions the face is glued on OVER the vents, greatly minimizing the vents' function. I dealt with this by simply trimming away a bit of the inside foam to expose the vents a bit better. This helped tremendously and they do not fog as easily now, and clear up much more quickly when they do.

Overall, not a bad product for civilian use (hunting, skiing, and the like) but I would not recommend this item to anyone in the services as I don't feel their quality is equal to the task.
on January 24, 2017
Goggles are great if you want to use them just as motorcycle goggles. They have good UV protection and are very comfortable. However, don't plan on taking these skiing/snowboarding because they will fog up on you for sure.
on September 11, 2015
These goggles are A-OK if they happen to fit your face shape; but if not, they're too stiff to conform comfortably and keep a nice seal around your eyes, important for use in a dusty environment, or working with flying sawdust, etc. My face is on the narrow side, and I had to pull them uncomfortably tight to give me all-around eye protection. Used them once, replaced them with something better.