Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Showing 1-10 of 604 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 639 reviews
on March 4, 2015
I was looking for something to carry cell phone wallet and a few items. 46 days after I purchased it, it shattered at the shackle not allowing me to use the strap which rendered it useless. This bag was carried a total of 6 times before it broke. I realize that it was priced reasonably but I would expect an item to last more than a month and a half. Very unhappy with the poor quality of this product.
on August 28, 2015
I've already purchased two of these. I LOVE the style, I adore the amount of pockets and the accessibility.
The front pocket is convenient for a smart phone, the flip open front perfect for shopping and being able to balance your 'purse' while holding bags and paying the cashier.

However... the lining on these bags is poorly sewn, or the fabric is of poor quality. Both bags lining ripped very soon after using a few times.
I stitched it back together as best I could, but then another part ripped.
Right after I'd purchased my second bag, the lining of the front top flap pocket ripped and I lost both the money and the little piece of jewelry I had been holding in there. Be careful with this bag.

I'd really like to purchase a third bag, but I can't justify the purchase or the risk. Looks wise, convenience wise, weight wise... it's all win win win. But we carry these bags to protect our belongings, not lose them because of faulty liners and materials.
on May 19, 2015
I like the form factor, however the quality is just not there. The material on the outside is ok but inside, very cheaply made and easily tears apart.
on October 7, 2013
I read all the reviews on this item and was worried it would rip or be ripped or zipper wouldn't work when I got it. however, it came in perfect condition. the material, stitching, zippers all was perfection. although its smaller then i hoped it to be, it worked out perfectly for what i wanted it too so far. I don't own a tablet/fire yet so I can't say for sure they fit in this. I do have a 7"x5" notebook in the compartment where it would go, with room to fit more misc items in. The side is open a little more then I like, so i moved the cards up to the top of the inner bit where it is not able to get to easily. because the top covers it. the cards compartments are deep and snug so instead of doing them side to side like normally would i put them in upwards/downwards and you could still only see the tips of the cards. there was plenty of room in the compartments for more then one card. I also didn't like the idea of putting my phone in the card compartments on the right side where it could fall out or be taken. the top part of the purse where it latches has a zipper compartment that was big enough to fit my smartphone. so this bag worked out perfectly for me as a purse, and most likely will also work with the kindle I intend to purchase. I also tested it to see if things would fall out if it was upside down open and shut. everything was snug and didn't budge a inch. I will update this over time, to make it more current.

11/01/2013
I've had this bag for a while now. I've had a lot of use out of it. But today the clasp that held the straps to it, one side broke. i bought these lil clasps like you find for key chains and looped the band through it and connected to the purse again. So it's still working but the cloth and stiches holding the purse straps are starting to come loose. Also it's became a tedious task to open and shut the purse to get in and out of the wallet part. I'm getting my kindle this week and I tried a few 7" cases at walmarts to see if they'd fit inside. was to snug a fit to slide down in. When I get my case/kindle I'll try again and see. But I have a feeling I'm gonna end up in search for a new purse. :(

11/05/2013
well it turns out i should've listened to the reviews on here. seams on the bag are coming undone, the strap metal piece broke and the part on the sides you attach strap too part the seam is out on them so bad i fear them falling off even if i rigged the straps. I am currently in contact with the seller to get a refund, and i purchased a new bag yesterday in my home town. haven't tried the kindle yet to see if it fits... but i know a 7" case doesn't want to go in at all.

11/07/2013
I contacted the seller and amazon, was given a complete refund. Thank you. Wish it'd of been a better product. I did try a case with a Kindle finally yesterday. Fit perfectly in the middle compartment, too bad I can't use it anymore. :(
on April 8, 2015
Came exactly as described. Great condition. Fast shipping. Would deffinatly recommend.
review image review image review image
on May 8, 2017
(This is a late review posting) I am torn with giving this product 2 stars or 3. Mainly due to the hardware breaking. I purchased 2 of these for my husband and myself to carry on trips or outings. It sat in the package in my purse rack for several months before I decided to wear it one day to try it out. The material appears very sturdy. I like the pockets and the option to wear it on your belt rather than use the strap. Unfortunately, the hardware failed me the first day of use! I was just running errands, not hiking or something! I was so disappointed. I don't know if it can be fixed or not. Of course I can wear it through my belt loop but I didn't buy to be worn like that. I didn't notify the seller right away because I'd had it for a while before taking it out of the package. I probably should have.
I'm regretting the purchased.
VINE VOICEon June 14, 2011
Unlike purses on a string which have the skipping straps, this bag has a strong 1 inch wide cotton strap that will take much travel abuse. The entire bag is well-made and will definitely survive the rigors of many trips. There are 2 zippered outside pockets - one where the flap folds over (great for small changes and credit cards) and another on the back (great for larger bills or passport). There is a very large (but unzippered) pocket inside. Many reviewers were able to fit a Kindle there. I use it for a small book or journal. There is another zippered picked next to the credit card slots. The credit card slots are far deeper than the credit cards themselves so I actually cannot see my credit cards sticking out like in the picture. It's not a big deal as long as you don't have that many credit cards to sort through.

The only improvement? More zippers! It would be very nice to have an all-around zipper so the credit cards and the cell phone are doubly protected. It is currently held by a velcro tab and a buckle. I am not all that crazy about the exterior buckle that holds the two halves together as it take a bit longer to open up the bag when my cell phone is ringing. It would be much nicer to have a zipper but I suppose this buckle hassle definitely deters thieves.
on November 14, 2013
I wanted something to carry my Kindle Fire, my Kindle Ereader, mini keyboard, ear buds, LG Optimus smartphone, cigarette case and lighter, keys. This case works perfectly. The main compartment is the right size to store the Fire w/ the keyboard. The e-reader fits nicely in the medium size pocket. Both my Kindles have Amazon designed leather cases and this bag accommodates both devices at the same time..The smart phone zips nicely in one of the outside pockets. Everything else I mentioned also has a nice place to call home. I am a little worried about the lining tearing, as some reviews have mentioned, so I keep my keys (sharp edges) inside my pants pocket. Great little man purse or as I have started calling it, my Kindle Carrier. (In ny head I spell it Kindle Karrier.) Doesn't really look like a purse at all. More like an army bag of some type.
on February 16, 2012
As a man, I was looking for a manly-looking bag to replace my highly harassed fanny pack, especially at work. Since I recently bought a 7" Cruz Tablet, I needed something to accommodate that and everything else I carried with me. Anything bigger than a 7" Tablet probably will not fit. I am not a backpack carrier like a lot of people and with everything being downsized, such as laptops into tablets, I didn't need something big to accommodate a laptop, as I don't own one. The Rothco Venturer Travel Portfolio Bag is exactly what I was looking for. It fits all my things nicely, not feminine, and has easily accessible pockets, even while hanging over my shoulder. One of my co-workers thought it was US Army issue which made me happy to know that it did not look like a man-purse. Another co-worker called it a "stash bag" which is the term I use now. I love it.
on August 3, 2015
Decent cheap, small bag. Can hold a surprsing amount and has a lot of usable pockets.
Will need replacement within a year with constant use.
Aesthetically unattractive - take off one star if that matters a lot to you.

Pros:
+ Materials are tough
+ Pocket layout is decent
+ space for small 7 in tablet in main pocket and a 5x4 in phone in rear zip pocket

Cons:
- Slightly heavy (trade off for strong, cheap fabric)
- could use closed pocket design, contents not very secure
- could be cheaper considering cheap fabric and unattractive design
- flap closure design inconvenient
- low-quality construction

Used this exclusively on a recent month-long trip, it held up decently but had many loose threads or a stitch or two come undone. So durability-wise I'd say expect to replace within a year. The bag itself has little structure, so depending on what you put in it, it looks lumpy and can be uncomfortable to carry. Material looks very cheap, obvious drawback if you end up on a date, etc.

The flap design is inconvenient, since it depends on a strap attached to the bottom of the bag for closure and compression; a simple zip-top design would have been significantly superior and no more expensive to make. Thus would, however, eliminate the flap pocket which is useful for carrying coins or subway card or chewing gum, etc.

Overall, as a cheap and slightly disposable travel bag I can recommend this, but do not expect it to last or to look good. If aesthetics are important to you, take off one star.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.