|Item Weight||7 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14.5 x 5.5 x 9.3 inches|
|Item model number||SS560vsc-50|
|Style||Rotosaw+ with Zip Mate Attachment|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number of Handles||2|
RotoZip SS560VSC-50 120-Volt RotoSaw+ Variable Speed Spiral Saw Kit
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Powerful, 6.0 amp 15-30k RPM spiral saw with constant speed technology
- Make plunge cuts, flush cuts, cut-offs with spiral and wheel cutting capability in tile, wood, metal, plastics, drywall
- Variable speed, soft-grip housing, and up-front on/off switch for comfort and control; compatible with all RotoZip accessories
- Includes RotoSaw Spiral tool, ZipMate 4 right angle attachment, Shield 4 cutting guard, wheels, collet, storage bag, and more
- Measures 14.5 by 5.5 by 9.4 inches
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
You can rough it in, or you can make the cut in no time with the RotoZip RotoSaw+.
What's in the box?
- RotoSaw+ Spiral tool, ZipMate4 Right Angle Attachment, XShield 4 Cutting Guard, Support Handle, (1) Wood XWheel, (1) Metal ZipWheel, (1) Tile ZipWheel, (1) Drywall Guidepoint ZipBits, (1) Multipurpose ZipBits, 1/8 inch, 5/32 inch, 1/4 inch Collets, Tool Storage Bag
- Compatible Accessories: ZipBits, XBits, XCores, ZipWheels, XWheels, ZipDiscs
- Compatible Attachments: ZipMate, Direct Drive, Dust Management Kit, Circle Cutter Guide
- Powerful 6.0 AMP Motor
- Variable Speed, 15,000 to 30,000 RPM
- Spiral and Wheel Cutting Capability
- Constant Speed Technology
- Integrated Dust Management Port
- Servicable Motor Brushes
RotoSaw Utilizes constant speed technology to tackle the toughest applications. It is compatible with all RotoZip Connect Attachments which expands the versatility beyond a traditional Spiral Saw. INCLUDES: (1) 120V RotoSaw Spiral Tool Saw (1) ZipMate for Right Angle Attachment (1) Shield for Cutting Guard (1) Support Handle (1) Wood X-Wheel (1) Metal ZIP Wheel (1) Tile ZIP Wheel (1) Drywall Guide Point ZIP BITS (1) Multi-purpose ZIP BITS (1) 1/8", 5/32", and 1/4" Collets (1) Tool Storage Bag FEATURES: 6.0 AMP motor w/constant speed control Variable speed (15,000-30,000 RPM) Up-front switch w/lock-on RotoZip Connect interface SPECIFICATIONS: AMP: 6.0 RPM: 15,000 to 30,000
Top Customer Reviews
My one problem wit it, that kept it from getting five stars is the new guard they have added to protect the user from the rotating blade. Firstly it is way too big and wide, making it difficult to watch where the blade is moving. Secondly its too bulky to use in tighter situations, which was one of the assets of the RotoZip in the first place. And lastly, it covers entirely too much of the blade, making a great deal of it useless since it will not cut as deeply now. I know they did it for safety reasons, to cover the blade against thrown objects, to make it so the guard will rest on the surface being cut, and keep users from being able to bind the blades which could shatter.
I suppose that's okay and understandable, but by the same token, designing tools and equipment to protect the lowest common denominator in the stupid category, often cause people to circumvent the safety features. I know I have been contemplating changes so that I can get the same usefulness I had from the original. I wear safety equipment like gloves and eye protection, and I am familiar enough with tools to judge how to use them correctly, so the overbearing safety feature is more of a hindrance than a help. I wish that we could expect the users to show common sense instead of needing to design thing to protect even the most simple minded user.
Other than however, I truly like the tool and the variable speed is wonderful. I use it for all types of cutouts in wood and wallboard as well as metal cutting, such as cutting off the ends of bolts or a pipe; or concrete paver. Its definitely worth its cost. Think of it as a Dremel on steroids.
My only concern is the wood blades are not cheap and hard to find.
I think a nice addition for the saw attachment would be an adjustable plate to screw into the bottom for different cutting heights depending on your hardwood floor thickness. You see these plates on floor nail guns. Other than that would reccomend it
The longer straight runs would be better with a good scroll saw, but the tight artwork capabilities are great.