|Item Weight||7.45 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||34.5 x 13.4 x 3.2 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||RX-4G|
|Manufacturer Part Number||RX-4G|
|OEM Part Number||RX-4G|
|Vehicle Service Type||off-road-motorcycles, all-terrain-vehicles|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
RotopaX RX-4G Gasoline Pack - 4 Gallon Capacity
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- MOUNTING KIT SOLD SEPARATELY - in order to create complete usable kit; order a Container, a Mount Plate and a Pack Mount
- ADDITIONAL ADD ONS - to add more containers to an existing kit, add a Pack Mount Extension to your Container order
- LARGE CAPACITY - This tank measures 36 x 14 x 14 inches, weighs 7.5 pounds empty, and can hold up to 4 gallons
- EXCEEDS ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS - the fuel packs' state of the art molding technique exceeds the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and CARB (California Air and Research Board) requirements
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Roto-molded gas can that is durable with thicker walls and stronger construction make it leak-proof along with a sure seal gasket to guarantee your spout wont leak or vibrate loose. Rotopax are the only rotationally molded EPA and CARB compliant containers available for sale in the United States. This is thanks to a patented three layer Roto-Molding process, along with specialty formulated plastic barrier material to meet the governments new extremely low permeability requirements.
Showing 1-8 of 435 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. looks cool
2. pretty rugged
1. expensive (depending on your budget)
2. no self venting ability. Any change in temperature or altitude and you'll have to crack it open to vent it at lest once a day. You'll loose a bit of gas and it's one more thing to have to remember to do on the trail.
3. The eco-spout is absolute garbage. Extremely frustrating to use. Just buy the self venting spout (another $12 on top of price of container)
4. various size containers, pack mounts and extension mounts don't work together. With the exception of the 2 gallon can connecting to another 2 gallon can, none of the other sizes interlock. You'll also need a special extension mount for each size can. Example: have a 4 gallon can, a 3 gallon can and a 1 gallon can? You can secure the 4 and 3 with a 3 gallon extension. But your 1 gallon requires a special extension mount to secure to the 4 gallon. Confused? Basically, it's more money for individual extension mounts that only work for certain size containers.
Also, if you want to keep your containers from being stolen with a locking mount, you can't use it with any extensions to stack more than one container together. The top container just spins free despite having a locking mechanism in place due to the poor design of the extension mount.
In a nutshell, they over thought and over complicated what should have been a simplified set of containers and mounting options so that none of their products play well with each other.
***Leak test this gas pack before you fill it with gas***
1) Fill it with water and let it sit for a while to make sure it doesn't leak. Be sure to dump the water and let it dry before you fill with gas.
2) Have a secondary gas can with you when you do fill it with gas so when it starts leaking you have something to put the gas into.
3) When you do leak test it, take the time to figure out how the spout works before you fill it with stinky, expensive gas that could get all over your hands, pants and shoes. (Ask me how I know this...)
I will purchase a replacement from Amazon in hopes that it is liquid tight.
I have had no luck with the cap and spout being reliable.
Spout. The one that comes with it. Works sometimes when it feels like it. I can't even understand why it does or does not work when I'm doing the same thing. Tip it up down all around fiddle with the collar lock unlock. Rage rip it off spill gas as I pour. Okay so go buy the non fancy spout. That does work since it has no parts. But.
Leaking cap spout. The stock spout and cap leaks when closed up sometimes, takes care and checking, but usually seals okay. Don't like that I have to double check if I'm quick refueling. But that spout doesn't work. The minimalistic replacement spout pours well, but doesn't seal well at all with the cap for storage/transport. Also have had leaks with both while pouring.
So carry 2 spouts that both are not very good? Thanks rotopax.
I hope I just got a dud, but i doubt it, everything looks in good shape visually. You should send me a new one.