Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Rowenta DW5080 Focus 1700-Watt Micro Steam Iron St...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 48% off the $100.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Rowenta DW5080 Focus 1700-Watt Micro Steam Iron Stainless Steel Soleplate with Auto-Off, 400-Hole, Brown
|You Save:||$32.01 (32%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1700-watt steam iron with smooth-gliding stainless-steel soleplate and precision tip for hard-to-reach areas
- Patented Microsteam 400-hole design provides thorough steam distribution
- Clearly marked thermostat knob; auto steam; burst of steam for stubborn wrinkles; vertical steam for hanging items
- 10-ounce water tank with level indicator; works with tap water (no need for distilled)
- 3-way automatic safety shut-off; anti-calcium system; self-clean system for optimal performance
- Made in Germany
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the Manufacturer
DW5080 FOCUS Iron
Precision tip for perfect results in every details!
Large Thermostat Knob
What Makes Rowenta Irons Better?
- Steam- The more steam the easier it is to iron Rowenta soleplates offer unique steam distribution across the entire soleplate for better steam penetration and more efficient ironing.
- Heat – Accurate and consistent temperatures Rowenta soleplates have a thick central core of aluminum that ensures the quick and even spread across the entire soleplate no hot spots
- Glide – Less friction means less effort Rowenta soleplates are made from the highest quality stainless steel Allows for a maximum glide across all fabrics
- Water – tap water for convenience Rowenta irons are designed to use regular untreated tap water that easily transforms into abundant steam without spitting or leaking
DW5080 FOCUS Steam iron
For perfect results down to the highest level of detail
An outstanding value, Rowenta’s 'Made in Germany' iron offers impressive steam capabilities along with enhanced features, including a sharper precision tip and easy-read ergonomic controls. In addition to a modernized overall design, the new Rowenta DW5080 FOCUS iron has been enhanced in the key areas requiring maximum control and ultimate precision: Heat -New ergonomic thermostat knob with a precise reading of the settings. Water -Crystal tank with graduation lines for a precise water level indication. Tip -Enhanced stainless steel precision tip, with a sharper point, for better access to hard-to-reach areas.
- Patented Microsteam stainless-steel soleplate has 400 microholes for perfect steam distribution.
- Highly polished soleplate surface for an excellent glide.
- Auto-Steam feature continually adjusts steam output to the temperature of the soleplate
- Sharp precision tip reaches difficult areas like collars, seams and around buttons
- Ergonomic thermostat knob provides a precise reading of settings
- Built-in Anti-Calc system removes impurities, ensuring long-lasting, clean steam.
- Works with tap water; no need for distilled water.
- Vertical steam is ideal for drapes and hanging garments.
- Auto shutoff stops power after 8 minutes if left vertical, after 30 seconds if left horizontal or tipped over.
- Self-cleaning system.
- 10oz water tank
- 1700 watts
Microsteam 400 Stainless Steel Soleplate
Standing apart from the rest, the highly polished Microsteam 400 stainless steel soleplate not only glides perfectly across all fabrics, it also offers superior steam distribution thanks to its 400 steam holes. Its high-precision tip works well for getting into pleats, between buttons, and along seams.
Burst of Steam
Produces a powerful shot (100 gram/min) for effective wrinkle removal from difficult fabrics.The FOCUS iron also includes Variable and Vertical Steam.
The calc-away valve automatically collects scale in the boiler preventing calcium build-up and impurities. It maintains performances and increases the lifetime of the iron.
Self Cleaning System
Flushes out loose mineral deposits ensuring optimal performance.
Anti-Drip Prevents Water Drops
Prevents spitting and leaking when the iron is on a low temperature for delicate fabrics.
3-way smart automatic shut-off
Switching the iron off in: 8 minutes if left horizontally, 30 second if left horizontally, 30 second if it tipped over.
|Focus Steam Iron DW5080||Pro Master Steam Iron DW8080||Focus Steam Iron DW5197||Steamium Steam Iron DW9081||Everlast Steam Iron DW7180||Steamforce Steam Iron DW9280|
|Microsteam holes||400 holes||400 holes||400 holes||400 holes||400 holes||400 holes|
|Watts||1700 W||1700 W||1725 W||1800 W||1750 W||1800 W|
|Stainless steel soleplate||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|One touch control||✓||✓|
|Steamforce technology||30% more steam||30% more steam|
|Water Tank Capacity||10 oz||12.7 oz||10 oz||10.8 oz||10 oz||10.8 oz|
|Burst of steam||100 g/min||150 g/min||180 g/min||200 g/min||180 g/min||220 g/min|
Made in Germany and loaded with features, this Rowenta Focus steam iron makes easy work of removing wrinkles from fabric. The iron’s smooth-gliding stainless-steel soleplate features 400 steam holes to ensure thorough steam distribution and time-saving efficiency, while its stainless-steel precision tip maneuvers effortlessly over collars, along seams, and between buttons. The iron works with tap water (no need for distilled) and powers on with a simple turn of the thermostat knob, which comes with clearly marked low to high heat settings and options for nylon, silk, wool, cotton, and linen. The iron auto-adjusts the steam output to match the soleplate temperature (turn auto-steam off for dry ironing). It also offers “burst of steam” to remove tough wrinkles and vertical steam for drapes and hanging garments. For safety and peace of mind, the iron shuts off automatically after 8 minutes if left unused in the upright position and after 30 seconds if left in the horizontal position or tipped over. An anti-calcium system prevents impurities for clean steam, and a self-clean system flushes out loose mineral deposits for optimal performance. From work shirts to table linen, the Rowenta Focus steam iron gets the job done.
Compare to similar items
This item Rowenta DW5080 Focus 1700-Watt Micro Steam Iron Stainless Steel Soleplate with Auto-Off, 400-Hole, Brown
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Item Dimensions||5 x 11 x 6 in||11.5 x 5 x 6 in||5.7 x 12.6 x 7.08 in||4.9 x 11.4 x 6 in|
Top Customer Reviews
Since I'm not making things to sell or use it on the daily basis, after hours of comparison, I decided to buy the DW5080, it was right on my price range and did everything I needed it to do. Once the package arrived I couldn't wait to tear it open and begin using my new iron. It's not lightweight, it is definitely sturdy, so just be aware of that. Read the instruction that came in the box carefully and follow the instruction for first time use. If you are like me, I want to make sure my tools last as long as they can.
Okay onto the iron itself.
- The cord is a little bit longer than my older iron (maybe about 2-3 inches longer).
- The water tank is definitely bigger
- The steam holes is definitely more than my old iron
- There are several settings for how much steam you want to use in each project
- There is a self cleaning tab (I do this at least every other week since I do not use it as often)
- The heat setting knob is smooth, not like my old iron it feels like the combination lock where I need to hear it click to know it's in the right settings
- The pointed tip is perfect for pleats, collars, tabs, and so on
- The iron heats up in a minute maybe less (I really didn't set the stopwatch for this)
- It automatically shuts off after a few minutes of non-use
- To turn it on I just lay it flat for a second and stand it back up
- With this iron it takes me 5-15 minutes (depending on how many yards of fabric I have). The old iron takes me 15-25 minutes (depending on how many yard of fabric I have).
Even the hubby commented on how well and quickly he was able to iron his dress shirt with this iron.
If you are looking to buy an iron, go with Rowenta, I'm super impressed with the quality of this iron and highly recommend it.
If you found my written review helpful, please click “yes” that my review was helpful. I certainly appreciate the feedback. Thank you!!!
I hope it lasts a long time. I am tired of buying poor quality products that end up in landfills.
The reason I chose this iron is because of the look and size. I'm a 6'5" male with pretty big hands so I like the fact that the handle has a nice sturdy feel to it and the steam and squirt buttons are big. The weight of the iron is good; makes you feel like you have something sturdy in your hands, something that will last you a while if taken care of.
Performance is astounding. The iron glides across your clothes and the bursts of steam are even on every pass. As soon as I got home I followed the first use instructions and went to work on a basket of dress shirts and slacks I had just washed. What I noticed immediately is that my ironing time was cut in half. With my old iron it would take more then a few minutes to get warmed up and when finally warm I would have to make several passes to get that nice ironed shirt look I enjoy. With the Rowenta, it takes about a minute or two to warm up then the magic that can only be found using a Rowenta happens. This iron ate through a whole basket of dress clothes in less then half the time it would have taken with my old iron. With my old iron ironing a full basket of clothes was more like a project that I had to set aside time for but now that I have this Rowenta in my stable ironing that same basket of clothes has been reduced back down to a simple chore that only takes a few minutes to complete.
Take it from someone who irons on a regular basis...you can't miss with this purchase. Save yourself a whole lot of time and frustration. When it comes to buying an iron, don't buy cheap, buy Rowenta.
EDIT: Been almost a year now and this baby is still going strong. If you haven't bought one already and you're looking for a great iron trust me, it's worth the extra coin.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I dont think it is consistant in heating. Sometimes it doesn't seem to heat as sell as other times.