- Clip this coupon to save $5.00 on this product when you buy from Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Rowenta DW5197 Partner of Fashion Focus Steam 1725..." and save 58% off the $149.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
3 Year Asurion Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Rowenta DW5197 Partner of Fashion Focus Steam 1725-Watt Micro Steam Iron with Stainless Steel Soleplate, 400-Hole, Purple
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1725-watt steam iron stays on until unplugged (no auto shut-off); ideal for fashion designers and DIY crafters
- Smooth-gliding stainless-steel soleplate with precision tip for hard-to-reach areas; 400 holes for thorough steam distribution
- Ergonomic, easy-to-read thermostat knob; auto-steam; burst of steam for stubborn wrinkles; vertical steam for hanging items
- Crystal tank with graduated lines for viewing water level at a glance; works with regular tap water
- Self-cleaning, anti-calcium system; anti-drip for ironing at low temperatures without the risk of spitting or leaking
- Made in Germany
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
DW5197 Focus Steam Iron, 1725 W
Smart, Creative and Powerful
What Makes Rowenta Irons Better?
- Steam- The more steam the easier it is to iron Rowenta soleplates offer unique steam distribution across the entire soleplate for better steam penetration and more efficient ironing.
- Heat – Accurate and consistent temperatures Rowenta soleplates have a thick central core of aluminum that ensures the quick and even spread across the entire soleplate no hot spots
- Glide – Less friction means less effort Rowenta soleplates are made from the highest quality stainless steel Allows for a maximum glide across all fabrics
- Water – tap water for convenience Rowenta irons are designed to use regular untreated tap water that easily transforms into abundant steam without spitting or leaking.
DW5197 Focus Steam Iron
The Official Partner of Fashion
Calling all Fashionistas and DIY enthusiasts. Rowenta has always been a great supporter of the fashion and crafting industries. Which is why it only made since for Rowenta to introduce the 'Official Partners with Fashion' German made iron, with a fashionable flair. This iron not only looks the part, but offers impressive steam capabilities along with enhanced features, including a sharper precision tip and easy-read ergonomic controls. The feature at the top of the list, is the iron 'does not have auto-off'!. So for all you designers and crafters, you will never have to worry about the iron turning off while applying Applique's, heat sealing a hem or embossing. This iron will not only steam and iron your garments with perfect results every time, but allow time for you to find your inner creative genius.
- Patented Microsteam stainless-steel soleplate has 400 microholes for perfect steam distribution.
- Highly polished soleplate surface for an excellent glide.
- Auto-Steam feature continually adjusts steam output to the temperature of the soleplate.
- Sharp precision tip reaches difficult areas like collars, seams and around buttons.
- Ergonomic thermostat knob provides a precise reading of settings.
- Crystal tank with graduated lines for easy-to-see water level.
- Built-in Anti-Calc system removes impurities, ensuring long-lasting, clean steam.
- Works with tap water; no need for distilled water.
- Vertical steam is ideal for drapes and hanging garments.
- NO Auto shutoff – So the power never turns off until you unplug the iron.
- Self-cleaning system.
Patented stainless-steel soleplate
This unique soleplate does not only delivers perfect steam distribution thanks to its 400 microsteam holes but offers also superior glide across all fabrics. Its high-precision tip works well for getting into pleats, between buttons, and along seams.
1725 W of power for professional results
Produces a powerful shot for effective wrinkle removal from difficult fabrics
No Auto-off function
So for all you designers and crafters, you will never have to worry about the iron turning off while applying Appliqué’s, heat sealing a hem or embossing.
Pointed tip for precisions
Enhanced stainless steel precision tip, with a sharper point, for better access to hard-to-reach areas
Anti Calc System
The calc-away valve automatically collects scale in the boiler preventing calcium build-up and impurities. It maintains performances and increases the lifetime of the iron
Anti-Drip Prevents Water Drops
Prevents spitting and leaking when the iron is on a low temperature for delicate fabrics
Vertical steam feature
Allows iron to be used in upright position to remove wrinkles from drapes and hanging garments
Ergonomic thermostat knob
Provides a precise reading of settings
FOCUS STEAM IRON DW5080
PRO MASTER STEAM IRON DW8080
FOCUS STEAM IRON DW5197
ECO STEAM IRON DW6080
STEAMIUM STEAM IRON DW 9081
STEAMFORCE STEAM IRON DW9280
|Microsteam soleplate holes||400 holes||400 holes||400 holes||400 holes||400 holes||400 holes|
|Watts||1700 W||1700 W||1725 W||1700 W||1800 W||1800 W|
|Stainless steel soleplate||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Steam Force Technology||Pump Injection 30% + Steam||Pump Injection 30% + Steam|
|One Touch control||✔||✔|
|Energy savings||25 % energy savings|
|Burst of Steam||100g/min||150g/min||180g/min||180g/min||200g/min||220g/min|
Fashion designers and DIY crafters alike will appreciate the fabric-pressing, wrinkle-removing power of this Rowenta DW5197 Focus steam iron. Named the Official Partner of Fashion, the German-made iron offers a sleek, stylish profile and impressive steam capabilities that will not only inspire but will also keep up with the creative vision—from first formulation to final runway walk. Unlike other steam irons, the Focus does not come with an automatic shut-off feature, which means it will continue to perform even during longer stationary tasks like applying appliqués, embossing, or heat sealing a hem—no need to worry about it shutting off part way through. The 1725-watt iron features a smooth-gliding stainless-steel soleplate with 400 steam holes to ensure thorough steam distribution and time-saving efficiency, while its pointed stainless-steel precision tip makes easy work of getting into pleats, along seams, and between buttons. The iron works with regular tap water and powers on with a simple turn of the ergonomic thermostat knob, which comes with clearly marked low to high heat settings with options for silk, wool, cotton, and linen. The iron auto-adjusts the steam output to match the soleplate temperature. Even more, the iron’s burst-of-steam function (180g/min) helps remove extra-tough wrinkles, while its vertical-steam capability accommodates hanging garments. The self-cleaning iron’s anti-calc system prevents calcium build up and impurities for clean steam and long-lasting performance, and its anti-drip feature allows for low-temperature ironing of delicate fabrics without the risk of spitting or leaking. A true creative companion, the Rowenta Focus steam iron offers powerful performance, time-saving efficiency, and ultra-reliable results.
Compare with similar items
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Still running and rocking. Rowenta has always made bullet proof irons but the recurring issues had always been with the auto-shutoff bugging out after a few years as what happened to my previous steam iron. This one is free from that shut-off feature and personally makes ironing faster since it doesn't go into that that drunken fit of shutting on and off.
+Continuous heat and steam
+Easy to clean gunk off the plates
+Burst steam even with continuous steam on and the built-in water spray
+Easily jumps past 200°F + with the steam burst (so my IR thermometer tells me)
I've always used distilled or filtered water on it and never had issues with clogs. Minerals in tap water seems to kill steam irons faster than gravity (dropping) by eventually clogging it.
I have been looking for a good deal on a Rowenta ever since then and I've missed the few sales Amazon has had on them. I was lucky to see this one very early in the morning (umm....thanks for having to pee at the crack of dawn, dog!). Per my expectations, this iron is the best iron ever. SO smooth, durable, doesn't feel cheap and loose. People always think I'm nuts for spending this much money on an iron (which was like, half off, thanks to Amazon!) but you really don't get it until you use it. The only way to describe it is SMOOTH. One pass, wrinkles gone. No back and forth, don't even need starch.
Leaks-mine doesn't at all
Refilling water well too often-the iron produces a lot of steam and that helps flatten the shirts. Steam uses up the water. Sad but true. I put a 2 cup measuring cup next to me when I iron and keep topping it off.
The steam is dangerous-I love my gas stove and handle being around an open flame, it's just an iron with a lot of steam
There is no auto shut off on the plug-that one worried me too but it hasn't been a problem. When I first got it I walked away for a couple 20 min stretches but after the first 2 surprises never did it again.
My advice? Get it and don't look back :)