Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rowenta DW2070 Effective Comfort 1600-Watt Steam Iron Stainless Steel Soleplate with Auto-Off, 300-Hole, Blue
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on October 24, 2011
My old Rowenta got heavy duty usage and lasted just over 10 years. The only problem it had was with the cord and that is being repaired. To cover me and have a backup iron, I got this new one. To prevent spitting and leaking - Only use generic drinking water like you would get in any store. Not distilled, not and super duper brand, just plain old bottled drinking water. Next, make sure the heat setting and steam setting match. Don't select a low heat and high steam or it will spit. Other than that, this is by far, the best and most effective iron on the market.
1919 comments| 490 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2011
Am a bachelor from the 'old achool' who is not allergic to ironing often. Absolutely dislike a leaky iron. Had that in mind as I shopped around for one. Plus, was looking for a product which was sturdy/durable,offered good steam action and was priced right. Even checked Consumers but didn't like their picks. Then I visited Amazon (which I should've done in the first place) and came across the Rowenta DW 2070 and my search ended. Read most of the reviews. I said to myself, "thank you Jesus." After a couple of weeks' daily use, I'm very pleased with its performance. Strong steam action, no leaks, shirts look nice and I'm a happy camper. P.S. I always use distilled water which helps to prevent calcium buildup in the vents. This product review comes from yours truly with the "Highly Recommended" tag affixed.
44 comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon July 27, 2011
My old Rowenta died. Well, it fell on the floor and broke, so maybe it committed suicide. That old iron was easily the longest-lasting iron I've ever had. I find they don't last long, for me. Although maybe I am to blame, in that I never clean them out. Either way, I had a coupon for Bed Bath & Beyond and had to iron my clothes, so off I went...
They have a few choices there, and what I wanted was something decent that had a retractable cord. My old one didn't have the retractable cord, and storing it was a pain. This model was the only one in the store with a retractable cord, so I got it.
It's a powerful iron. Works very well.
Two things I don't like:
1) It's top heavy. Or something. Maybe the base is too small. TWICE right after I bought it, it fell off my ironing board while resting there. That was really annoying. The slightest bump to my board will send this thing to it's doom. I'm glad it still works after that. Annoyed me.
2) The water compartment is a dark blue, and so it's really difficult to see through and see the water level.
3) Because of the big back end, you can't quite get a feel for how small the actual ironing surface is, so as you iron you really need to pay attention to what you're doing.
OK that was 3 things. Nobody reads this anyway!
I DID like that it filled up with water OK. My old one would gurgle and spill a lot. The opening is still painfully small (WHEN will someone create an iron with an opening for the water that's bigger than my pinky nail!!?) It doesn't come with a water pitcher thing, but I still have my old one from several irons ago and use that just fine. The buttons for spray and steam and nice and big and I have no problem with them.
Overall I'm happy with it. We'll see if it stands the test of time. I iron a lot. What can I say, I'm a classy guy!!!!
2020 comments| 282 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2011
I just have to say that ever since I received my Rowenta iron in the mail I can't stop ironing. I literally try to find things to iron and what's so funny is I hate ironing! The main reason why was it just seemed like you would iron for a long time and then later find that what you just ironed needs to be ironed again! Well not with this iron, I have never spent this much money on an iron, but couldn't resist because of all of the great reviews. What's great is it doesn't take a long time to iron at all, even the toughest denim will be wrinkle free in less than a minute. I'm so happy I made this purchase. This iron takes out wrinkles like nothing. I like the sprayer because it sprays out so much water evenly rather than the little bit a of water that most irons spray. I have never seen so many steam holes on an iron but I now understand the importance and see a huge difference. Definitely worth buying and I plan to buy one for my friends and family as gifts.
0Comment| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2011
Coming from sub $20 irons in the past, I decided to invest a little more money this time around with hopes that it lasts longer that a couple of years. I've heard about Rowenta and liked how this model has the retractable cord as well as the 300 steam holes and stainless steel plate. What a huge difference this iron makes compared to my old cheap "disposable" irons! This iron gets out creases that my old iron was never able to do. I'm no expert at ironing and perhaps the $100+ models might be even better, but for my purposes of ironing my work shirts this iron is perfect; I just hope it lasts.
33 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2011
I have wanted a Rowenta iron for a long time because of my experience with them in the quilt shops where I have taken classes. Being an avid quilter, an iron is an important tool for me. I tried it on a couple of cotton shirts when it arrived and the shirts looked liked they were professionally done at a cleaners. I had a couple of hanger marks in the shoulder of one shirt and the iron took them out instantly. It looked like they were never there. The steam works pretty regularly and the sprayer gives an even spray, not a spurt like other irons I have used. The iron is sturdy in my hand, but not too heavy. Did not find much use for the the thumb rest. I'm really pleased with this product and highly recommend it. My only regret is that I waited so long to buy a Rowenta.
0Comment| 216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2011
Purchasing a Rowenta iron is no longer a guarantee that you are buying a quality item. This is my second and last Rowenta iron. My first iron lasted 10 years with very low maintenance. This iron, purchased two months ago and made in China (not Germany), developed rust after one use. No one stands behind it. Speaking to customer (dis)service at Amazon and Rowenta was a waste of time. Amazon referred me to Rowenta, who blamed it on the "hard water" we have in Manhattan. I was not able to obtain a replacement or a refund from Amazon or Rowenta.
2121 comments| 222 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2015
I had a Rowenta iron for over 10 years and it worked great so I thought this would be a good choice. My husband ironed a few shirts and I ironed a set of curtains. It started leaking water and I noticed that the body of the iron (the white part near the heel of the iron) had cracked open. There was a long crack that extended from the blue water tank to the bottom of the iron.

My husband is headed to Walmart to search for a new iron so I can finish ironing the curtains. I will never buy Rowenta again unless given no other choice. This was a higher priced iron and it didn't even last through a few shirts and a set of curtains. Clearly whoever was making this brand of iron ten years ago is no longer the manufacturer.
review image
VINE VOICEon August 26, 2004
I bought into the whole Rowenta name thing. I got the Rowenta Actipress home, read the directions, re-read the directions (I've never paid so much for an iron in my life, wanted to get it right). Yes, stainless steel soleplates are lovely and glide and hover all over your clothes. But, as I finished the final sleeve of my hubby's XL Linen shirt ...drip, Oh did I hit the mist button, no checked that, drip, drip, leak, drip. Before the ironing was over 2 almost finished linen shirts had to go into the laundry again because of the water marks ugh! I HATE that! So, I returned the Rowenta and got the T-Fal diffusion iron also with 1400 watts, approx. the same weight, and a nice smooth soleplate that emits the same amount of steam for HALF the price and NO DRIPS!

By the way, with the Rowenta I tried everything in the directions, turning up the heat, using tap water- then using half and half as the directions advise if you have hard water --nothing helped this thing just drips and leaks.
44 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2014
Despite the Amazon description stating that the origin of this iron is Germany, it's made in China. I purchased a different Rowenta about 4 months ago from Amazon that is made in Germany, so I assumed this would be the same. Nope. Returning.
review image