Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Roxio Easy VHS to DVD for Mac
|Price:||$59.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$19.96 (25%)|
- Roxio Easy VHS to DVD for Mac lets you easily capture video from your VCR or analog camcorder, to preserve your memories for generations to come
- Burn captured videos to VCD, SVCD or DVD with professionally designed menu styles
- Import into iMovie to add effects, titles, transitions and edit your video
- Transfer your videos to an iPod, iPhone or other device; post on YouTube or your favorite social networking sites
- Includes capture software and USB hardware with RCA and S-Video inputs
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The fastest way to convert your analog home video to digital. Click to enlarge.
Connect composite video (RCA) and S-Video (mini-DIN) devices. Click to enlarge.
Import stereo audio (RCA). Click to enlarge.
Supports most analog camcorders, VCRs and even DVD players. Click to enlarge.
Post videos to YouTube; create VCDs, SVCDs and DVDs; and more. Click to enlarge.
Everything you need to make DVDs from your VHS and camcorder tapes!It's a sad fact that VHS, Hi8 and Video8 tapes degrade over time, eventually losing their original quality. Don't let your memories fade away! Now you can digitally preserve your precious memories for generations to come.
- Easily capture video from your VCR or analog camcorder
- Burn captured videos to DVD with professionally designed menu styles
- Import into iMovie to add effects and edit your video
- Transfer your videos to an iPod, iPhone or other device
Step One: Connect your VHS player or camcorder to the included capture device using RCA cables
Step Two: Connect the capture device to your Mac's USB port
Step Three: Capture and share on DVD, portable devices or online
- Transfer video from your VCR to DVD in just a few clicks--the fastest way to convert your analog home video to digital
- Capture video from VCRs and directly from other analog sources including Hi8, Video8 camcorders
- Create VCD, SVCD and DVD movies from your own video
- Edit your captured movies in iMovie to add titles, transitions and other edits
- Choose from professional designed menu styles to enhance your created DVD
- Post video to YouTube or your favorite social networking sites
- Convert video files to play on most popular mobile devices including iPod, iPhone and Sony PSP
- Easy VHS to DVD Capture software
Roxio Video Capture USB hardware
- USB extension cable
- Video Inputs: Composite video (RCA) and S-Video (mini-DIN)
- Audio Inputs: Stereo audio (RCA)
- For Roxio Easy VHS to DVD for Mac support, tips, and tricks, go to www.roxio.com/enu/support/easy-vhs-to-dvd-mac/default.html
Top Customer Reviews
So, if you are using Mac OS 10.6 DO NOT purchase this product at this time.
That said, the last thing I wanted to do was start yet another review with: "I really wanted to like this product, but..."
Over the last four months, when I unfortunately had a lot of time on my hands (a victim of the current economic unpleasantness, since resolved, and I am again very happily employed), I decided I needed to regain some storage space in my increasingly cramped townhouse. My collection of several hundred VHS tapes had to go. There were, however, 40-50 titles I wanted to keep and decided to put them on DVD. I had planned on doing this almost two years ago, and found a superior (and expensive!) analog to digital video converter, a Canopus ADVC-300, which I was able to find at a very acceptable price on eBay. I set up my VHS deck in my computer room, connected the video and audio outputs to the ADVC-300 inputs, and sent the output to my dual 2.0 GHz Mac G5 tower's Firewire port (still running Mac OSX 10.4), and into my copy of iMovie HD (from iLife '06). Each two hour tape took up 25 GB of disk space in the DV file format. I quickly trimmed unwanted video at the start and end, and inserted chapter markers when the tapes had multiple programs, or if I was putting two 1 hour tapes on a single two hour DVD. These chapter markers directly imported into iDVD where I picked a theme, edited the captions, and burned the final DVD. On my G5 tower, the process of rendering two hours of video before the DVD could be burned, took 4-6 hours.
I repeated this process on my black MacBook with a 2.Read more ›
The ONLY good thing is that it does seem to be very easy to use. And in fact i did get it to work ONE time for a 4 min video clip I did. I wish so much it'd work more.
The good thing is their customer service on email is VERY responsive. The BAD thing is they have NO answers for Snow Leopard and told me flat out it "may not work with Snow Leopard." May not work!?!?!?!? Trust me it does NOT work.
They said they are working on a fix...hmmm.
Roxio has diaspointed me very much. They really should give me my money back. Lesson learned..do NOT every buy a product "pre release" like I did with this. What a mistake. So let me be the goat this time...do NOT buy until and IF they ever fix their software. The latest patch makes no difference.
I am trying the El Gato Video Capture program instead next, which got a better review from MacWorld Magazine.
Actually, the best choice of all may be to just use iMovie and a digital videocamera as a pass-through video capture source from your VCR, because it's free (if you already own a videocamera).
In the meantime, Roxio still has some work to do on this product.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Wow, this is great! After my old camera broke, I had no way to transfer, the software didn't work and I couldn't update it. This product is great, it does exactly what I needed. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Sherri Pomerantz
Overall, it's pretty effective. Easy to use: you can start recording with a couple of minutes of opening the package. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Didn't work on my Mac. Had high hopes but after transfering a video the sound was mis matched and the quality was very poor - lots of pixels. Don't buy...Published 1 month ago by Julie Garcia
it didn't work for me it would not download correctly for my MacPublished 1 month ago by Lora Jackson
This system is crapola. Jitter, lag and not worth the time. Pass on this.Published 1 month ago by MARK L.
It was advertised that it was comparable with El Capitan but was not. Roxio customer service is horrible. They do not support the productPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
The product is wonderful. But I had a problem. The CD key did not work and I had to write an email to Roxio to request support. They sent me a new CD key to register my product. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer