Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Roy Toy Classic Fort in Large Canister
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School STEM

on January 7, 2008
I gave this to my grandson for Christmas. He loves it, and my daughter tells me he has played with it almost every day since then. He also received a set of Lincoln Logs (made in China), which his mother returned and will replace with an additional set of these logs. The logs are squared off instead of round like Lincoln Logs, otherwise are very similiar. A very good basic building toy, made in Maine!
on December 26, 2012
I did a lot of research before I purchased this log set for my grandchildren. Everyone said that it encouraged creativity because you could make more than just what was pictured on the container. This seems to hold true and my grandchildren are enjoying building various and sundry buildings with this set.
on February 5, 2013
My 2 year old grandson runs to the cabinet to get these out and we play for hours. They are a different quality than Lincoln Logs and just work better for our little hands. Now we need a few more boxex full because, you know, Grandpa and Papa come into the room and they pick up a few pieces and they start to play.......lots of fun for the little and big boys.
on February 27, 2014
I bought this toy for my 4 year old son. He is able to use it easily, and enjoys it. The shape and size of the logs limit his building creativity a little, but we are able to make several nice forts. I love the fact that the pieces are made in the USA. He plays with it about once a week for an hour or so. He usually asks for help, but sometimes will tackle it on his own. The most fun comes from putting some toy animals and people we have in the fort and pretending to be in the wild west as opposed to the act of building being the central activity. Once the fort is built, he and his sister love playing old west town, and especially being the tornado that knocks it down. Overall, I would recommend this toy for children who like to build, or children who enjoy playing pretend.
on January 4, 2012
bought this for 6 year old grandson,he and his 4 year old brother,played with it for two hours on christmas day. These toys are made in Maine, very highj quality.
on November 30, 2013
Our set reached us today and some pieces had fallen out so I counted them out to make sure all the pieces were there. The set comes with 140 plus pieces I counted out nearly 200 that I was surprised to find and thrilled also. Well worth the money and the logs are real so they don't feel cheap and are easier to put together and the kids like that the buildings don't fall over easily either like other lincoln logs.
on December 6, 2012
I like Roy Toys more than Lincoln Logs. Lincoln logs are too shiny, too slippery and too smooth, they make you feel like you are building with plastic.
Every little boy should get Roy's Fort for Christmas, it's that great, that safe (made in USA) and affordable!
Being cheaper however Roy Toys is no-compromise logs, they actually better.
on December 31, 2011
These are better than Lincoln Logs. The square shape of the Roy Toys are easier to build on than the circular Lincoln Logs. The littlest Lincoln Log pieces were easy to topple over, but the Roy Toy version locks in better with a tighter fit. This fort set is great. Though my 6 year old son didn't find this to be the most exciting toy on Christmas morning, I find him incorporating it into much of his play. Whether he is playing with plastic army men, G.I.Joe, Star Wars or whatever his big imagination is having an opportunity to explore more. This says alot when you look at which toys from Christmas he plays with the most.
on July 13, 2015
These are awesome. They are flat so can be stacked on each other. I was annoyed when I first inventoried the parts because a few had imperfections, but when I did the count I found that I had a complete set of perfect blocks. They had given me the imperfect ones as a bonus since they were not going to sell them. I appreciated the gesture. They seem like a great company.
on June 7, 2016
These arrived in perfect shape. My nephew loves them. These are stained with a reddish color and flat. Are they as nice as the original vintage Lincoln log? No, but neither are the newer Lincoln Logs. The price was great on the two I bought compared to other logs. I bought them based on reviews, price and because they are made in the US. I'm very satisfied.

See 1 answered question