Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on November 3, 2016
If you are looking to get started with drawing techniques beyond what can be done with a standard #2 pencil, but don't want to commit to a 'nice' (expensive) set of pencils, this is a great set to start with. It's wonderful for students, children, or as a handy travel set.

The quality is not amazing, but for the price, it is more than fine. The little pouch holds up very well considering, and even allows for careful organization of the pencils to keep track of pencil hardness.

As far as low cost kits go, this can't be beat.
on December 1, 2014
I got this today, so I'm not sure how it lasts with everyday wear-and-tear, but I think it'll do just fine.

Here's a simple list for your troubles:
-----------------------------------------
--I like the pencils, but if you don't like them you can easily replace them with pencils that you do like. (I bought this set for the case...)
--The eraser is... an eraser. Don't expect anything fancy.
--The drawing pad is not the best in the world but easily replaceable. The loops holding it down can also be used for storing some pens instead of a booklet.
--The handheld pencil sharpener is better than any of the other pencil sharpeners I have at the moment, but I suppose that's just me.
--The pencils are hard to get out, but the case is perfect for traveling. It is very sturdy, which is good because it protects what you put inside.

I must also mention that what I have here is not exactly what is pictured. The sharpener is a sort of dark grey instead of blue and the drawing pad has a picture of a bunch of pencils instead of a horse, but I suppose that doesn't matter much; the quality is great regardless.
on January 18, 2018
This was a present we bought our 10-year told daughter who likes to pack her sketchbook with her. She loves the size that the kit comes in, and it's versatility. It comes with its own sharpener and a set of pencils for sketching, so it's perfect for your on the go jaunts to the beach, the park, or the museum.
VINE VOICEon April 29, 2014
So far, I like this set. It fits conveniently into my purse. The pencils come already sharpened, which saved me time. The eraser worked well. Better than my aged kneaded one, in fact. I'll use the included pad of paper for quick ideas on the fly, but not much else. It's too cheap, which I suppose is why this set is inexpensive. Also, I liked the quality of the case. It's made of durable materials that I hope will last for a few years.

I'm giving this set a four-star rating because of the design of the interior. While it's very well organized, it's difficult to get the pencils out and to put them back in. I accidentally jabbed the tip of my thumb hard enough to draw blood when I attempted to put a pencil back into its holder. The good side to that is that I won't have to worry about the pencils coming lose and falling out.
on January 10, 2018
Bought this as a gift and had it sent straight to the person I was giving it to. They were really happy with it and said it is a perfect sketch kit for them to work on their art sketches. The price was definitely nice aswell for this kind of item
on February 6, 2018
Excellent starter kit +. Comes with eraser, sharpener, small drawing pad and H, B, HB amd 5H through 6B. They didn't come in order, which I thought was weird, but ... they are very good pencils, nice and sharp. The Zippered pencil case is thin and easily carry-able and comes with a carrying strap (attached on the inside, fold out to carry).
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 10, 2014
I bought this as a gift for a friend who used to love pencil sketching and pen and ink for his preferred medium but hadn't drawn anything in a long time. He's one of those people that have everything and we ended up talking about how we both used to draw and he mentioned how much he missed it and did not know why he had stopped drawing. I didn't like the sketch pad that came with it so I purchased Global Art Materials 5-1/2-Inch by 8-1/4-Inch Drawing Book, Large Landscape in Ivory Black to go with it and also threw in Sakura 30061 3-Piece Pigma Micron Blister Card Ink Pen Set, Black. The substitute drawing pad and pens fit like a glove in this pouch. He said it was one of the most thoughtful gifts he had received. The price for the whole gift was more than reasonable.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I purchased this as a gift for a friend who is a budding artist. She mentioned that she likes the variety that comes in this pack and also says that they are good quality. Nice product!
on January 25, 2018
I'm not an artist at all but lately I've really had the need to doodle and sketch. I ordered this product because I have no idea what I'm doing and this looked like it has everything you need, and it does! Highly recommend this!
review image
Sturdy zippered case comes with 12 pencils ranging from HB, B, 2B-6B, 2H-5H, a small pencil sharpener with two size holes, a small white eraser and a small thin scratch pad. There's a cloth handle which can be extended outside of the compartment for easy carrying. Everything is secured to the case by elastic bands. Pencils are band two at a time. It takes some maneuvering to get the pencils out due to the snug fit. I compared these pencils to Derwent sketching pencils. The H pencils draw bolder than Derwent H pencils. The B pencils are nice and bold. At this price, these pencils are good to start with and can be used to practice application techniques. I bought them for my 6 year old grandson.