Royal Selangor Hand Finished Pewter Wine funnel by Erik Magnussen 13 cm (D) x 9 cm (h)
|Price:||$110.00 + $20.00 shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sold by Royal Selangor (www.royalselangor.com) FREE Shipping for order total above $150
- Founded in 1885, Royal Selangor is the world's largest pewter maker. Our pewter consists of 92% to 97% tin – the highest international standard for pewter.
- Every piece is meticulously hand-finished by our experienced craftspeople
- Sleek or intricately detailed, our items fit seamlessly in classic or contemporary lifestyles.
- Collaborations with international designers such as Erik Magnussen, Freeman Lau and Nick Munro as well as museums such as the Victoria and Albert Museum in the United Kingdom, National Palace Museum in Taiwan and the Islamic Arts Museum in Malaysia
Erik Magnussen, one of Denmark’s most important designers, passed away on 23 May 2014. Known for his tableware for Stelton and furniture for Fritz Hansen, Magnussen was awarded the Lunning Prize in 1967, the Good Design Gold Prize from Japan in 1997 and the ‘red dot: best of the best’ from Germany in 2001.
For more than 20 years, he continued to design for Royal Selangor, augmenting our collection with his creations. He will be remembered for his keen eye for detail, his respect for the material and his creative ingenuity in combining form and function.
This urban and stylish collection was designed by him, with the minimal usage of ornamentation and fine detailing to accentuate the beauty of pewter. These stylish and sexy, must-have accessories make great gift options for that special occasion.
This pewter funnel was flawlessly designed by Erik Magnussen to heighten the enjoyment of wine drinking. The spout of the funnel has four small openings, which allows for maximum aeration thus releasing the full aroma of your wine. A sieve in the funnel separates wine from sediment.
132 years of Craftsmanship
Since 1885, our designers and craftsmen have expressed their love and understanding of the material by continuously pushing the envelope in pewter design while staying true to our heritage of craftsmanship.
Each Royal Selangor item is hand cast by pouring molten pewter into steel moulds quickly and efficiently. After cooling, each individual pewter piece is polished and soldered onto other appendages such as spouts and handles, all done by hand. This attention to detail and precision has made Royal Selangor's pewter pieces durable and timeless.
Care & Maintenance
For over 100 years, our pewter pieces have marked significant moments in life and are often handed down from generation to generation. Over time and with use, pewter develops a pleasing subdued tone unique to the metal.