Royal Selangor Hand Finished Pewter Wine Funnel by William Morris 8 cm D x 12 cm H.
|Price:||$95.00 + $20.00 shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sold by Royal Selangor (www.royalselangor.com) FREE Shipping for order total above $150
- Founded in 1885, Royal Selangor is the world's largest pewter maker. Our pewter consists of 92% to 97% tin – the highest international standard for pewter.
- Every piece is meticulously hand-finished by our experienced craftspeople
- Sleek or intricately detailed, our items fit seamlessly in classic or contemporary lifestyles.
- Collaborations with international designers such as Erik Magnussen, Freeman Lau and Nick Munro as well as museums such as the Victoria and Albert Museum in the United Kingdom, National Palace Museum in Taiwan and the Islamic Arts Museum in Malaysia
Royal Selangor's William Morris Wine Accessories: Awarded the 1997 Gift of the Year (Licensed Gift) Award in the UK trade fair, items are elaborately sculptured and designed with intricate natural and organic expressions which reflect a highly cultured sense of taste and being, mirroring the principles and outlook of the artist himself.
Celebrating the famed English designer and writer, the William Morris collection is a testament to his asthetic sensibilities, principles and ideals.
Part of the V&A Museum William Morris Inspired Collection, this pewter wine funnel features a classic grape and vine motif that was often used in the works of William Morris, 1834 - 1896, i.e., over a century ago. The distinctive motifs are taken from the ornamental borders Morris used to decorate the works of Geoffrey Chaucer, 1896. It has a fine sieve to separate the wine sediment and cork. The funnel is shaped in such a way to ensure the smooth trickle of wine against the walls of the decanter.
132 years of Craftsmanship
Since 1885, our designers and craftsmen have expressed their love and understanding of the material by continuously pushing the envelope in pewter design while staying true to our heritage of craftsmanship.
Each Royal Selangor item is hand cast by pouring molten pewter into steel moulds quickly and efficiently. After cooling, each individual pewter piece is polished and soldered onto other appendages such as spouts and handles, all done by hand. This attention to detail and precision has made Royal Selangor's pewter pieces durable and timeless.
Care & Maintenance
For over 100 years, our pewter pieces have marked significant moments in life and are often handed down from generation to generation. Over time and with use, pewter develops a pleasing subdued tone unique to the metal.