Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on May 28, 2008
I finally had to abandon my 50 yr old feather pillows. Trying to find a replacement I could live with and sleep on has been a pain till I ordered this pillow! I tried it, loved it, could go to sleep on it so ordered another today.

This is a thinner pillow that is just right for me. Soft and pliable and doesn't leave your head high up and non mashable like the poly pillows or higher content pillows.

Washable and lovely zipper cover. Love Love Love my new down pillow.
As another reviewer said, I "keep coming back for more", having bought the queen version of these pillows a year ago, and just a few weeks ago the king size. These pillows are really nice - fluffy and full. I combine these with the Royal Velvet Silver pillows (Royal Velvet Silver 400-Thread Count Cotton Damask Stripe King European White Down Pillow) and really like the combo. The Silver pillows are a bit more expensive, but outrageously filled and luxurious... I use them as the base and then these pillows as the pillow I rest my head on. I think two pillows of as filled/fluffy as the Silver Elegance would be too much (my head about be, oh, 2 feet off the bed?!).

The covering material is also very nice, and the down has no odor. Also, no flying down escaping from the well-constructed pillow. And finally, if there are feathers in this pillow, I haven't noticed them...

Overall, excellent pillow and well worth a try, and a great value at this price!
on October 2, 2012
This was purchased around two years ago as a gift for my boyfriend. He always liked how soft my feather/down pillows were and I decided to purchase him one, even though he is someone who is just as happy to sleep without a pillow. The pillow is very soft and light. I realized that it doesn't seem to be filled quite as much as some of my pillows though. That, however, ended up working out just fine because he doesn't like his head propped up that much anyway. After two years it seems to be aging okay. All in all, this is a great pillow, if you like laying closer to the mattress.
on January 11, 2008
Quality is 4+ star and is as described with low fill. I am accustomed to down pillows, my old one had gotten rather small/low fill after 10+ years of use. I don't like giant fuffy pillows so I thought this pillow would be perfect. This pillow is of good quality and construction. I aired it for a couple of hours and did not notice much odor. With this purchase, I've learned that I prefer a higher fill rating (above 550+). Fluffing pillow before sleep helps, but it is still a rather loose fill, not a lot of support for back/side sleepers. Mine didn't come with a pillow protector cover, though it came in a nice plastic bag for closet storage. If you prefer low/looser pillows this may work well for you.
on February 28, 2007
I got these for a steal at only $19.98 on one of Amazon's Friday sales. No problems with these pillows, in fact they seem to be made quite well. It is true that these pillows dont have much fill but that is clearly mentioned in the item description. The lesser fill makes it easier to squish and mush these pillows how you want them, which I like to do when getting comfortable. And as for the "smell of geese" that others mention in their reviews, its non-existent... they smell like normal pillows.
on March 13, 2009
After 3 years of service there is nothing left to this pillow. I expected it to last longer. Not sure if it's because they don't make em like they used to, or if I should have bought a fuller pillow that would squish down to where I like it after a year of use.

March 2009: if you like very low pillows, this is for you. I can sleep with no pillow at all. Meaning I use a pillow for the softness, not necessarily to prop my head higher. If you are like me then this pillow is perfect: fluffy, soft, not too full. Can use even if you are a stomach sleeper.
on August 16, 2016
nice pillow, very relaxing and comfortable
on March 13, 2007
These are real down pillows, not feather pillows. Down pillows are much softer than feather pillows. And they don't poke you with quills.

We sleep with 8 to 10 down pillows on our bed (it varies because the kids are always stealing our pillows).

If you are the type of person who likes to snuggle into a big, soft, fluffy nest when you go to bed, pure down pillows like these are what you want.

I picked up a pair during Amazon's Friday sale for less than twenty bucks each. I wish I'd ordered more.
on March 1, 2008
As noted by another reviewer, this pillow does squish down a bit, but it fluffs right back up again the next morning when you shake it. Much better quality than the ones I bought at a department store in California for about the same price. (posted in March of 2008)

Here it is December of 2010, and I am still using this pillow. It is my favorite. I really want to replace my other, newer, cheaper pillows with these.
on April 15, 2008
The price for this pillow was great! I wanted a full size, but they only had queen. It comes in a well made zippered case cover to keep your pillow clean. The quality is there! The amount of feathers is good. The pillow is not all washy, but still has an excellent softness. Even the bag it comes in is a great carry case. I paid $30 and I think it is quite worth it! It is a keeper!