Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
2 Year Asurion Bike/Scooter Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Coverage includes free repairs or replacement after manufacturer's warranty expires
- Don't be left flat - Protect your wheels with an Asurion Protection Plan
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
RoyalBaby BMX Freestyle Kids Bike, Boy's Bikes and Girl's Bikes with training wheels, 12 inch, 14 inch, 16 inch, 18 inch, Gifts for children
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This sporty bike for boys and girls comes with a bell, a water bottle, training wheels, and a quick release seatpost which makes it easy to adjust the height of the seat (with carrying handle on 12-14-16 inch)
- Easy to put together! 95% of the bike is assembled, leaving only the need to install the training wheels, pedals, handlebar and saddle. All assembly tools are included. Features cushioned seat and high back
- Also features a sturdy steel frame, a one-piece crank, ball bearing drive shaft, a full chain guard and steel wheels with pneumatic rubber 2.4" wide knobby tires featuring a custom Royal Baby tread
- The combination of a front caliper brake and rear coaster brake gives many options for learning to stop. Foam vinyl seat
- The heavy-duty, long-lasting training wheels are of a RoyalBaby-patented design with extra rubber to reduce noise
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Why Buy RoyalBaby?
- Compliant with CPSC and ISO Standards
- Comes 95% Assembled
- Strong Packaging to Improve Safe Delivery
Remember your first ride on a bike? We all do- the sense of freedom, the thrill
Ride in Style
RoyalBaby bikes were designed with style in mind. The details are what set this bike apart. The stars on the grips, custom RoyalBaby tire tread, and the functional yet unique training wheels. All combined these features make up one cool bike. And don't forget the vibrant colors are sure to please any child's taste.
RoyalBaby also keeps safety in mind. The training wheels are designed to dampen noise which improves hearing ability. The fully enclosed chain guard keeps fingers safe and flanged grips help prevent hands from sliding off the bars.
Safety and Functionality Combined
RoyalBaby bikes come packed with features that make biking safe and fun. Safety features include a fully enclosed chain guard, safety grips, and heavy duty training wheels. All RoyalBaby bikes meet CPSC and ISO standards.
Experts in Kids Bicycles
No adult bicycles, No Tricycles. RoyalBaby concentrates strictly on kids bicycles. This focus helps push innovation in kids bike design leading to a better product for young riders.
Get Out, Get Moving
Biking is a great way to explore and stay healthy. All freestyle models include a water bottle for those long adventures.
|Age Range||3 - 4 Years||3 - 5 Years||4 - 6 Years||5 - 7 Years|
|Child Height Range (Inch)||28 - 38||35 - 45||38 - 48||42 - 52|
|Saddle Height (Inch)||17.3 - 21.3||20.1 - 24.4||20.9 - 25.6||21.7 - 27.6|
|Bike Weight (Lbs.)||18.5||22||24.2||26.4|
|Brake Type||Coaster + Hand||Coaster + Hand||Coaster + Hand||Coaster + Hand|
|Reflectors, Bell, Tools||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Water Bottle and Holder||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Kickstand||Sold Separately||Sold Separately||✔||✔|
|Colors Available||Blue, Red, Orange, Green, White, Pink||Blue, Red, Orange, Green, White, Pink||Blue, Red, Orange, Green, White, Pink||Blue, Red, Orange, Green, White, Pink|
Space No. 1
|Available Wheel Sizes||12-inch 14-inch 16-inch 18-inch||12-inch 14-inch 16-inch 18-inch||12-inch 14-inch 16-inch 18-inch||12-inch 14-inch 16-inch 18-inch||12-inch 14-inch 16-inch||14-inch 16-inch|
|Age Range||3 - 8 Years||3 - 8 Years||3 - 8 Years||3 - 8 Years||3 - 6 Years||3 - 8 Years|
|Frame Type||BMX Sport, Steel||Punk-Style, Aluminum||Single Top Tube, Steel||Thick Top Tube, Steel||Step-thru Pedal Foward, Steel||Magnesium|
|Gender||Boys, Girls, and Unisex||Boys, Girls, and Unisex||Boys, Girls, and Unisex||Girls||Girls||Unisex|
|Brake Options||Coaster + Hand||Coaster + Hand||Coaster + Hand||Coaster + Hand||Coaster + Hand||Coaster + Hand|
|Water Bottle and Holder||✔||✔||Sold Separately||Sold Separately||Sold Separately||Sold Separately|
|Basket||Sold Separately||Sold Separately||Sold Separately||✔||✔||Sold Separately|
|Available Colors||Blue, Red, Orange, Green, White||Red, Black, Silver, Yellow||Blue, Green, Matte Pink, Matte Green, Matte Blue, Matte Yellow||White/Pink||Blue, Hot pink||Black, White, Purple|
●Sport bike for boys and girls. Coming with bell,tools,water bottle and training wheels,owner's manual included.
●Easy to put together! 95% of the bike is assembled, only need install training wheels, pedals,handlebar and saddle. Almost anyone can make it. ●Sturdy steel frame,wide knobby 2.4" aired tyres.A sportive,durable and comfortable real bike.
●Front caliper brake, rear coaster brake.18 inch - dual hand brake The combination of brakes gives many options for learning to stop.
●Heavy duty long last training wheels. Royalbaby patented design with side support, never bent.
●Quick release seatpost, easy to adjust the seat height for fast growing kids.
●One piece crank,ball bearing drive shaft,full enclosed chainguard(18 inch half enclosed).Easy rolling and more protection in details.
【How to choose the right size?】
●12 inch suitable for child, whose height 33"-41", age 2-4 yr old.
●14 inch suitable for child, whose height 36" - 47", age 3-5 yr old.
●16 inch suitable for child, whose height 41" - 53", age 4-7 yr old.
●18 inch suitable for child, whose height 43" - 59", age 5-9 yr old.
Style: 12 Inch | Color: Blue
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
-- This bike looks more like a mountain bike. There are no plastic shields with cartoon characters and no silly padded bars.
-- It has a clever space for a water bottle, something few bikes this size offer. Our son loves it. He feels his bike looks like his older brother's model.
-- It comes in a hard-to-find 14" size, which is just right for many riders ages 4 and 5. This bike was a present for our son's fifth birthday. He was riding a 16" bike with training wheels, and although he had developed the balance necessary to ride without trainers, he was afraid to ride without them as his feet couldn't touch the ground. With this bike, he was riding without trainers within minutes.
-- Our son loves the bell, and we like the handle on the back of the seat. It makes the bike easier to load into the truck for family bike rides.
-- The seat is more comfortable than those typically found on small children's bikes. That helps-- our son rode nine miles on it one day. It's also a bit lighter than some.
We had one complaint: one of the pedals cracked after a few weeks. They were of a standard size, so we substituted one from an old bike. Overall, build quality on this bike is good.
So, if you're looking for a nice-looking "big kid" bike for your little rider, the Royalbaby is a fine choice.
I sat down and read every single review of this bike, and I would like to address what seemed to be the most popular complaints:
* "Too heavy!" - Not sure what these parents are comparing this bike to. I kept checking the shipping weight to see if I missed something and the "2" in the "28 lbs" was actually a 3 or a 4...but nope, I was right. Then, thinking about the mess of returning this large object, I ran out to the shed to see how heavy her 12" bike was. I picked it up...then I picked up my 20lbs bar bell...then I picked it up again. I estimated her bike to be maybe 3-5 lbs heavier than my weight. When the RoyalBaby bike arrived a day early (gotta love Prime!) I assembled it and picked it up. Boy, was I relieved when I easily hoisted it up with one arm. This bike maybe weighs around 25lbs, which is perfect for our 7 year old girl. She's already fallen and can easily hoist the bike back up on her own. To all those complainers, go spend another $100 and buy an aluminum frame bike for your kids.
* "Wheels don't spin freely" - This was also a big concern of mine, as I am a stickler about quality control at the factory level. During assembly, I flipped the bike over and checked out both wheels. They did feel a bit "sticky" at first, and didn't roll to a stop. First off, fellow parents, please make sure you read all the directions before you begin, if you're not mechanically inclined. One thing I noticed was that the front caliper brakes needed to be adjusted, as they were rubbing slightly against the tire, creating that "imbalanced" sound when spinning the wheel quickly. I scanned the directions, and it had some instructions about how to adjust the front brakes. A few minutes later, no rubbing. The rear wheel also felt a bit sticky and had a bit of a rubbing sound also...but then I realized that you must turn it (when upside down) with the pedals fully forward and engaged. If the coaster brake is engaged in the slightest, you can hear it rubbing as the wheel turns, so take note. With an adjusted brake, the front wheel spun much easier, and almost rolled to a stop...there was some resistance still, but I figured with weight on the wheels right-side-up, resistance would be negligible.
As the directions suggest, make sure you lube all moving parts periodically. I grabbed some 3 in 1 oil and some auto grease and lubed everything up. It felt like the wheels were just "out of the box" stiff, and began to loosen up a bit on their own. Which leads me to the next con to address...
* "Wheels out of true" - This one was concerning because it was mentioned by a few reviewers who claimed to have experience in bike assembly, maintenance, and repair. I didn't really know what they meant by "true", so I did some Google research and realized they meant balanced, with a straight rim. Here is where I almost docked a star. Both wheels were out of true and that was part of the reason they didn't spin as freely as I had expected initially. As I spun the wheels, you could see both of them needed adjustment, as they bowed left and right with several "bubbles" causing the rim to wobble considerably as it spun. However, after reading about "truing" a bicycle wheel, I found that it was pretty straightforward: You just adjust the spoke studs at their base, right above the rim, with a spoke wrench. This bike's spokes are a size 13 according to my $9 spoke wrench I purchased on Amazon. Once I figured out tightening the spokes was counterclockwise, in about 10 minutes I had both wheels very close to true and they spun much easier! My daughter even mentioned that the bike seemed to ride much smoother after my adjustments. Since I was able to correct the issue, and I'm pretty sure that places like Wally World and Target don't "true" their bikes prior to purchase, I decided not to dock a star.
* "Royal Baby All Over The Bike = Not Cool!" - I totally get this one for the kids who want to be big boys and girls. However, after easily peeling off a few decals, and throwing out the ridiculous stickers that come with it, this bike only says "RoyalBaby" in two places...the seat and the center of the handlebars. Even the company logo on the front of the frame has a predominant crown where you can't even see the small print "RoyalBaby" unless you stick your face right up to the forks. The company name on the tire tread is black on black so unless you're looking closely at the tires, you can't tell. This bike has definitely passed the cool test with our 7 year old daughter!
* "Missing Parts" - Bike came with all the parts.
* "Pedals won't screw on/break easily" - This one may change after a few months of use, so I'll keep an eye on it and update, if necessary. However, I had no issues with the pedals, they screwed onto the crank arms just fine (take note that the left hand pedal must be tightened counter-clockwise).
* "Water bottle is cheap" - Have to agree with this one, unfortunately, as it already is cracked and leaking. However we have several bicycle water bottles in our home and they all fit snugly in the holder, which is made of metal and bolts to the frame. Not enough of an issue to warrant docking a star, in my opinion.
* "Chain falls off" - Chain was nice and tight and has not come off, yet. Besides, the rear axle sits in a groove which allows you to slide it backwards or forward to adjust the tension in the chain, which apparently, some of these reviewers failed to realize.
* "Tires won't hold air" - I inflated tires to 35 psi 4 days ago and they are still full.
I was a bit apprehensive about purchasing this bike, but so far, it seems to be a home run. We can't keep her off of it, she even just likes to sit on it when she can't ride! The frame seems to be solid, well made, and has quality frame welds. The color scheme of the orange and black with the white seat really looks sharp! Heck, I would rock this bike, if I fit! After truing the wheels,it was definitely a relief to see her get up to speed and coast almost the entire length of the sidewalk. She also loves the big, thick black tires.
I also really like that it comes with a kickstand and a quick-adjust seat, which makes sizing it for her a breeze!
In conclusion, we are very happy with this bicycle. With a little time taken to read the instructions and make some basic adjustments, this bike seems more than capable of providing our kids with years of good riding.
UPDATE 12-18-2015: After reading my review, the company sent me a replacement water bottle, free of charge. Very nice customer service, in my opinion. Bike has performed flawlessly so far...
Other than that, great bike for a 5 or 6 year old. Just be cautious if part of what you are trying to do is emphasize the statement that "you are no longer a baby and are riding a big-kid bike."
Most recent customer reviews
con: The tires are terrible!!Read more
They came assembled already! That was awesome!