Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

Rubber Balls and Liquor
Format: Paperback|Change

on December 21, 2016
I have to confess Gilbert is one of my favorite comedians and I have an autographed copy of this book so I am biased. It was a fun, quick read but if you don't like Gilbert then "you're not going to like Thursdays." (Reference to one of his dirty jokes)

The book like Gilbert is an acquired taste.
on May 24, 2011
I've been a fan of Gilbert Gottfried for about 25 years, and there was a lot in this book that I didn't know. His interviews are always so clipped that it's hard to get a sense of him. This book doesn't delve deep into his emotional life, but who goes to Gilbert looking for emotions? It's a great personal history and a wonderful story of a person developing from human to comedian, with a lot of bizarre detours on the way. The interstitial jokes are a bonus, but I just enjoyed learning more about his experiences. For instance, I had heard he spent a while in a hospital, but here he tells the whole story, from his fellow comedians visiting him to the part about the "jingle bells." Overall a great book about the trials and tribulations of a working comic who also happens to be a bashful genius.
on April 9, 2017
Gilbert is awesome ,,,,, he has had a very interesting life ,,,,, the book arrived just as described ,,,,, thoroughly satisfied
on November 11, 2015
Sometimes you just want a little low humour. Rubber Balls, is juvenile, silly and frequently very funny. Gottfried is also a pretty good writer who is quite adept at poking fun at the whole Hollywood celebrity culture business. Definitely a guilty pleasure.
on December 14, 2015
I love Gilbert LIVE. The problem with this book is just that. You cannot hear the voice or see the character he has created. Please see him perform live and listen to his great podcast ! Skip the book even if you love him as much as I do.
on May 25, 2011
I made a good choice when I bought this book. I knew it wouldn't be a detailed account into his whole life, but I though it was great hearing his stories and point of view. The segments he included about meeting other celebrities were fun to read. You kind of wonder how different levels of celebrities interact when they meet each other; the Harrison Ford story was particularly good. I wonder if he ever received Gilbert's copy of the DVD?
Anyway, I recommend this book if you want an entertaining read. It's good fun.
on November 5, 2015
If you like/love Gilbert like I do it is worth the read or library Rental. If your marginal on Gilbert I would pass.
on May 13, 2011
A tragic tale of a young boy who may have pleasured himself one too many times. His epic climb from a small town to his big roles in movies. This books gives you exactly what a educated person needs; hilarious situation. This book is a must read for anyone who enjoys situations of a comedian who seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. So funny, may have been released "too soon".
on March 5, 2013
As a comic, I like Gilbert and find him funny - really like him on the "Roasts" too - but I did not like the book at all - told you very little about him; and I could not find the "story" - looks like he wrote it as the thing to do - did not like the book at all, but I did finish it.
on May 2, 2016
It was exactly what I would expect of Gilbert Gottfried.