Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Size: 13 1/2 - 14|Change

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on March 30, 2017
on June 11, 2013
If your considering buying a pair of these shoes I highly recommend going by the European sizing and not what BBS has listed as US sizes. For one, these shoes are sized much smaller than they're listed as, and they aren't designed or sized to be worn with socks, let alone the thicker type which I personally prefer wearing. They do stretch a little, but that much. If your like me and like wearing the thicker socks (white tube type) then do yourself a favor and order two sizes larger, and again, make sure your going by the European size instead of the US sizes BBS has them listed as because they'er wrong! I take a size 12-12.5 US and ordered a 13.5-14 (thinking I'd be sent a 47 Euro) but was sent a 46 Euro instead. I had to fight with BBS to get my shipping charges refunded because they claim the 46 is a 13 1/2 - 14 which it isn't! If you don't like wearing socks with shoes than go one size up instead. Also, if you have wider feet, then I suggest looking for a different shoe elsewhere because the insoles on these are quite narrow.

Good luck, i4tw
on March 2, 2012
After more than four weeks airing out the shoes they still have a strong rubber smell. You may not smell it while you are wearing them but that could be a concern to anyone who has a sensitivity to this kind of outgassing.
on February 13, 2016
These are the same classic kung fu shoes I've worn for decades. I lost or accidentally gave away my last pair when I moved, so these are a replacement.

I purchased these shoes to wear mainly inside and occasionally outside to do tai chi. They're not meant to take a lot of outdoor walking, nor do they provide much cushioning or support, but they're perfect for indoor and light outdoor martial arts use. They would be fine as house slippers too.

I wear a women's 6.5-7, and the men's size 4.5-5 was perfect for me. My feet are normal width, a little narrow in the heel, with a wider metatarsal joint at the big toe from years of ballet dance (technically a hallux valgus or start of a bunion); these shoes accommodate that just fine and don't slip at the heel when I walk in them.

It was nice to see this style of shoe is still sold and at a reasonable price.
on January 26, 2013
My only complaint is they look like girls shoes.... but they are so comfortable and durable. perfect fit as well.
on July 3, 2015
Great cotton shoe with small elastic bands for comfort and movement. Very good fit. Size 13 1/2 is on point. Light and unobtrusive. Very light padding inside offers just the right amount of cushioning. Hard and sturdy soles which will ensure a longer wear. Arrived on time.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2012
Cloth shoe with rubber sole. Ordered the largest shoe size and were very very small
for a size 14 to fit a size 12 USA
on December 9, 2015
If you have size 13 feet like me. Get the biggest they sell. I did and they fit perfectly. Not to tight not to loose.
on March 24, 2016
Update: I was disappointed with these shoes BUT problems shared by other tai chi shoes! I bought Unow shoes instead as had been good in the past. Wrong! Same problems with significant performance reducing rolling and instability. Perhaps shoes are marketed under different names? Perhaps my narrow feet just don't work with some tai chi shoes?

Shoe size was way off. Having read posts I ordered a size larger and still way to small. Also, size and shape of sole were odd; despite my narrow feet I could not establish stable footing for my Tai Chi. Similarly, heel was slim so combination meant that in turns my foot would "roll". Composition of sole unlike anything I've known in Tai Chi shoe- felt hard and slightly slippery. Annoyance is factor in one star as I only tried twice before trying to return. BBS sent me return label BUT if I were to return it would cost me $13+ when the shoe only cost $14. May be unreasonable of me to expect free shipping on low cost item; just felt like I got tricked by sizing and description online. Otherwise, I would never have ordered them in the first place. Just received UNOW Chinese Traditional Cloth Kung Fu Shoes that I had used for daily for past 1 1/2 years. They work fine and I kick myself for not having looked in order history to avoid this fuss.
on January 12, 2014
First off how do humans work in a factory where the product they produce reek of gasoline or some other awful solvent? You can't wear these shoes due tot the smell and you can't get rid of it. Second if you wear a size 13 or larger forget about these shoes they are too small. I bought the the largest size and they are too small. The Chinese just can't figure out western sizes in clothes or shoes so always buy bigger than you would otherwise do and if you are a large westerner buy clothes made at home. I had to throw these things in the trash and good riddance.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.